• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Best completed EUIII AAR in 2011

• Rebels without a Pause

Votes: 34 54,8%
  • The Yamato Destiny

Votes: 3 4,8%
  • Legend of Fire and Ice

Votes: 1 1,6%
  • Republic of Russia

Votes: 7 11,3%
  • Children of Genghis Khan

Votes: 2 3,2%
  • Yin, Yang and the Ugly

Votes: 4 6,5%
  • Hindu Vengence

Votes: 1 1,6%
  • Double Domination

Votes: 10 16,1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loki100

Field Marshal
22 Badges
Jul 1, 2008
  • Rome Gold
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
So thanks for the nominations & all the nominated AARs come forward into this round. The nominees and links are repeated below, so pick your favourite, leave a nice comment and lets see if we can beat the 95 votes for the recent HOI3 Iron HeAARt.

So, your 8 contestants are:

Happy voting and commenting ... and congratulations to everyone who managed to finish an EUIII AAR in 2011.

Voting completes on 1 July when the prestigious awards ceremony will be held (or a nice congratulatory message added to this thread - depends on the budget)

Last edited:
I'm still voting for Rebels without a Pause. Nice to see Yamato in there too, but it's pretty patchy compared to the rest of the contenders (he said, getting his gracious defeat speech ready at the outset :)).

Yin, Yang and the Ulgy: A DW Ming AAR by Knul
For showing how to play, what most people say is unplayable.:excl:
and well written.

Yamato, I loved that AAR!

*Waves at Dewirix*

I have no doubt Rebels without a Pause will win, and deserves it too, these are all great stories.

I know, I've been dithering over who to vote for, in the end I've gone for Yamato. I missed it when first written but read it when the V2 conversion started, its a wonderfully judged piece of writing and restrained game play. Only real problem with it is the lack of discussion about decorative gravel and kittens, but you can't have everything I suppose.

Oh dear, the moment I was lamenting in the nominations thread (i.e. actually having to choose between Rebels and Yamato) is inching ever closer. Ah well, a couple more weeks of procrastination never hurt anyone in situations like this. :D

I was really torn between Rebels and Double Domination, but I had to go with my gut and choose Rebels.

Rebels for me definetely.

Prawnstar's epic is of course just that, but I haven't finished reading it just yet, so it has to be Double Domination instead. :)

well you have 1 more voting week and while it looks as if the tale of decorative gravel and rebels is clearly out in front, there is still the question of which of Knul's will come second and a tie for third place.

and, this is still 45 behind the recent HOI poll ... so still place for more votes and more commments

So its time to hand out the awards (apols the budget only allows the 'nice comments in a thread' model of awards ceremony)

Our clear and deserved winner is Prawnstar with Rebels without a Pause a truely epic ride to world domination.

The runner up is Knul with Double Domination: Germany versus Japan which mixed a very neat idea with some superb writing and game play.

Third is Avindian with Republic of Russia: A Novgorod DW AAR, an AAR I very much enjoyed as he kept to quite strict rules on what actions he would take during the game.

Equally, everyone who completed an AAR in 2011 deserves credit, it does take a degree of commitment and dedication to bring one to a natural end point. And many thanks to everyone who offered nominations, voted and left comments.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised that I haven't read a few of these.

Good job PrawnStar (as if it needs to be said).

Congrats guys, well done! :)

Congrats all three of you who won something and to all other people with a completed AAR, a feat to be proud of.

Congratulations to my fellow winners! Very well deserved!

Congrats Prawnstar! And congratulations to the other participants also.

Rensslaer

Thanks to all who voted. I know all the writers appreciate and cherish the support from the forum.