+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Magna Mundi Final Developer Interview

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I think we are running on a bit of a misunderstanding here. Your post could be read that we gave the UV team an older renderer at the start of the project and then only later did we supply them with our new rendering engine. This is not the case, the new rederer was developed by us after Magna Mundi started development. As such I am not sure how this could be a bad thing, we in effect gave thier project additional support.
    yes i understand this now, thanks for explaining , i think MM will look much better with the new renderer and am happy to hear that paradox is enthusiastic about supporting MM.

Castellon EDIT: I deleted your double post as you requested, but you can delete your own posts.
    Adding breadth and depth to the medieval aspects of economy, technology & the military - Magnate Lords A mod for CK2

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I thinks he meant that we started to post pictures indeed with the older renderer and some of the fans were outraged because they already saw EU3: DW in action and they automatically thought that MM will look just like that. Indeed, we were deep into the development when DW came out and we didn't think about using the DW renderer, but then Paradox was so kind and offered it to us.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Whats important is that this story is almost over now (that is development before release -day 1 patch stuff), according to Paradox we will have a high quality game, and from lets play videos weve seen that it looks great (if nothing its moddable) so in the end, it will be a great game for all of us who love EU3. As far as im concerned everyone wins
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

If the game is half as good as it looks, it will soak up many hundreds of my hours.

Obviously, there is a lot to learn in the development of a game. I only bring up the following to try and help with that process. I am not normally one to complain.

I want to agree with some of the other comments that there feels like a rift between Paradox and UV. Whether there is or not, it feels like there is. Why? Ubik has mentioned the cancellation thing a bunch of times now. Unless there is a reasonable chance of that, it shouldn't be mentioned. It just riles people up and upsets them. So, is the chance of cancellation at least 25%? That is the impression that I am getting.

It also feels like there is some level of frustration from the UV team. I swear that I have read comments recently about not having enough time or about the renderer creating problems with development. Regardless, I know that I have read at least a couple of comments where a UV team member just seemed frustrated. All of this started like a month or two ago. Before that, the forums felt much more optimistic. I think that is something that the development team should try to maintain in the future.

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by rybka View Post
    Thanks for all work, I hope you will take my money soon
    +1
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Quote Originally Posted by MTGian View Post
    If the game is half as good as it looks, it will soak up many hundreds of my hours.

Obviously, there is a lot to learn in the development of a game. I only bring up the following to try and help with that process. I am not normally one to complain.

I want to agree with some of the other comments that there feels like a rift between Paradox and UV. Whether there is or not, it feels like there is. Why? Ubik has mentioned the cancellation thing a bunch of times now. Unless there is a reasonable chance of that, it shouldn't be mentioned. It just riles people up and upsets them. So, is the chance of cancellation at least 25%? That is the impression that I am getting.

It also feels like there is some level of frustration from the UV team. I swear that I have read comments recently about not having enough time or about the renderer creating problems with development. Regardless, I know that I have read at least a couple of comments where a UV team member just seemed frustrated. All of this started like a month or two ago. Before that, the forums felt much more optimistic. I think that is something that the development team should try to maintain in the future.

Please, stop this talk about a cancellation. If you watch the video it's quite obvious that Ubik throws in the possibility of a cancellation as a drastic way of saying that the future of the game now is out of their hands.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by MTGian View Post

The dev team is just feeling deadline stress. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Regardless, I have also noticed some of the devs do seem a bit more stressed than I would expect. Hopefully there isn't a problem.

I'm just excited to play the game, really.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can't wait for the game to come out! It's definitely a buy and play for me.

I'm looking forward to what Ubik & team can do with a fantasy setting. I'm sure with all he learned in MM development UV's next game will go a lot smoother!
    Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Perhaps you should add that investment information to a link here? Explain the ROI, investment information in general terms. Then add email for those interested in pursuing it.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Great video, professionally done, applause!
    Last edited by Gytis; 05-06-2012 at 21:44.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Gytis View Post
    Great video. Despite all the uncertainty and outrage going in the forum at the moment, I am eagerly waiting for this game. One frustration that I noticed thought: once navigating through various mapmodes and clicking various counties, will it be always needed to click Cancel, as in the video. As it doubles the amount of clicks and frustrates the hell out of me just watching that.
    i imagine you will be able to turn that feature on/off as you wish.
    Adding breadth and depth to the medieval aspects of economy, technology & the military - Magnate Lords A mod for CK2

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

good thing of this interview is that it shows well the passion in the project so nice one not matter the outcome
    "Obscuratus est sol. Obscuratur est aer. Salva me ab ore dragonis"

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    That must be your humblest interview ever, ubik.
    Hopefully this entire experience has taught the team a lot of valuable lessons about the differences from releasing a game and releasing a mod.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Sorry but you'd talked like you knew Paradox would cancel the game in this interview. This was not a wise action.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Annibal View Post
    Sorry but you'd talked like you knew Paradox would cancel the game in this interview. This was not a wise action.
    That is such a devious and enigmatic line you have there. It made me chuckle.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

"A man is sorry to be honest for nothing." - Ovid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4