• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blodstyrtning

Second Lieutenant
68 Badges
Jan 20, 2011
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
Hey folks.

Is there any way to get the computer to not derp around and annex any weird and out-of-the-way province? I hate the fact that every game I play, europe looks like abstract art. Why is the game unable to make more logical borders? Mods perhaps?

How about a clean border AI DLC.

Mods are really your best bet. D&T, MEIOU and MPM all seem to offer significant improvements on the vanilla borders.

How about a clean border AI DLC.

I'd buy that, if there ever was one :p

Generalolaf is right. I play Death and Taxes myself, and the AI tends to spread itself rather than conquer faraway, isolated provinces. I'm not sure about MEIOU and MPM, but be sure to check them out.

I rather like it.
It's more historically accurate; if you look at any medieval map, many european monarchs controlled non-contiguous territory. Usually not for very long, either. Look at the House of Wittelsbach, or even Habsburg holdings.

Kinda annoying when you're looking for that last rogue province at the end of a war, but snaky countries make for an easy slice-and-dice.
keeujl.jpg

As MPM creator i can tell you that my mod does not change AI behavior, thats impossible since all AI logic is hardcodded. What i can do, and have done actually, was to rebalance the whole badboy mechanic so that combined with many changed CBs AI is strongly hinted (or guided?) toward expanding what human player might consider "good looking" or logical.

Mostly the problem in vanilla occurs as a combination of couple of factors:
1.) countries have too big badboy pool too early
2.) countries have access to CBs that reduce both badboy and war score cost of provinces "in depth", meaning you get the same bonus for all enemy provinces regardless of where they are.
3.) CB's set up which makes AI favor annexation over all other options, usually despite being very close to badboy limit

For example, by adding check within various CB code, that only applies normal CB province bonuses (lower BB cost, lower war cost etc) for enemy provinces that are your NEIGHBOUR, i was able to somewhat persuade the AI to expand by "walling" its own provinces with the ones it annexes, otherwise, it takes the full badboy cost, which combined with rebalanced badboy pool means VERY slow expansion (about 1-2, 3 MAX provinces before youre over BB limit).

Hey folks.

Is there any way to get the computer to not derp around and annex any weird and out-of-the-way province? I hate the fact that every game I play, europe looks like abstract art. Why is the game unable to make more logical borders? Mods perhaps?
Add a line in settings.txt:

# player_ocd=yes

Add a line in settings.txt:

# player_ocd=yes

LOL!

Yeah those borders look fine to me. Frankly, my own borders can get pretty patchy, since I hate acquiring poor quality territory, which you often are forced to take if you want continuous territory.

Droll. Very droll Mr. Moderator. Can't take a little criticism of you wonderful but less then perfect game? ;)

What does it do? I am too lazy to find it out myself....

Some people have a sense of humour ;)

Droll. Very droll Mr. Moderator. Can't take a little criticism of you wonderful but less then perfect game? ;)
Yeah, right, your cutting critique hurt me to the quick. If only we'd had you and your design ideas on our team earlier, EU3 might have been a success.

I've spent hours working on trying to get the AI to expand better (as in focusing on their own culture group, not taking provinces that have no land or coastal access, taking large swaths of contiguous land in the new world instead of sporadic colonies) with limited success. I have no idea how the mods could have fixed it.

Admin's using humor shows a lack of proffesionalism, it needs to be stamped out at once.

sarcasm :D

He is a volunteer mod here on the forums. Us mods are not paid by Paradox. We do this in our free time.

Talisatai, I'm completely with you. I wandered into this thread hoping to see somebody complain about an unfixable "problem", but what do I get? Off-topic conversation from the very moderators that we trust to keep these forums clean and safe! It's a disgrace to the profession of moderation! If these moderators have any sense of decency left in them, then they should step down immediately!

As a member of these forums there is a simple acronym that we should all should follow in order to be good Paradoxians. WWJD? That's right. "What Would Johan Do?". Moderators, please, follow this creed and do the right thing.

Dramatic theatre provided by Yammka Productions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.