• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GuileMike

Major
60 Badges
Sep 20, 2001
www.youtube.com
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
Letters from Sir George Hamilton Seymour, the British ambassador to St. Petersburg, to Lord John Russell, in 1853, in the run up to the Crimean War, quote Nicholas I of Russia as saying that the Ottoman Empire was "a sick man—a very sick man," a "man" who "has fallen into a state of decrepitude", or a "sick man ... gravely ill".

Well, it is time for this man to get on some meds and take back what is rightfully his!

Hi everyone and welcome to my second Vicky 2 AAR. I am a high school teacher who just got out for the summer and what is the first thing I feel like doing for my vacation? I'll make an AAR :) I had a blast making my first Vicky AAR with China, so I figured it was time to pop on another. Just like my last AAR, I am going to use many visuals and write about my personal motives more than like telling a story.

V 2.31 AHD

So why the Ottomans? Well, I wanted to make things interesting by trying to get this sick man off life support. How do I do this you ask? Well, take back the lands he lost. That is right, a reconquest. Now I know getting all of the Balkans back will be extremely difficult, but I am looking to snatch back as many North African and Middle Eastern areas as possible or put them under my wings. So lets begin

Everyone gather around. It is time to be a relevant nation once more!
Meddah_story_teller.png

The first Ally I gain(on top of my satellites) is Austria. I plan on being buddies with them as long as possible so I can take on Asia and North Africa with no enemies on my back door.
v2_1.jpg

While the war with Tripoli enraged, I justified war plans against Montenegro. They were weak people who needed us to look after them so the Austrians don't get any ideas to influence or annex them.
v2_3.jpg

v2_4.jpg

Tripoli fell quickly. I sent another expeditionary force from Istanbul to take care of half of the country. While my North African group handled the other half.
v2_2.jpg

v2_5.jpg

v2_6.jpg

An overall look at my Empire.
v2_7.jpg

Montenegro was to fall next. I brought my large army from Bulgaria to handle the job.
v2_8.jpg

v2_9.jpg

v2_10.jpg

Job well done!
v2_11.jpg

Shortly after all military action ceased, many nations came calling to be my ally.
I turned down Tunis because I plan on conquering them before France or another great power does.
v2_12.jpg

I have no interests with a small Italian wimp.
v2_13.jpg

Portugal just does not seem like any benefit to team up with.
v2_15.jpg

With peace now in place, I will start focusing on my economy.
v2_14.jpg

A look at the world early on.
V2_MAP_TUR_1837724_1.jpg

A good job, but if I was you I'd jump on Algeria before Tunis as the European nations most often go for it first above anything and it's probably best to secure it early on.

I wouldn't have turned down Portugal, but hey, it’s your game :)

Excellent stuff! You know, I wanted to ask something: is there any trick to not getting caught (and thus minimizing infamy) when you justify your war goals?

In the best interests of our nation to not exceed the infamy limit, our military leadership has been advised by the Sultan to commence military operations in North Africa in the following manner. Dual invasions will take place in Algeria and Tunis. Troops will be transported from the Balkans to the Tunisian and Ottoman occupied border. Since the Algerian coast is in French control, a swift campaign through Tunis is a must. Once Tunis is under our control, we will add it to our empire by annexation(major infamy). Algeria will have a regime change by becoming our puppet(minor infamy). After this invasion, if our economy is strong, our infamy is not too high, and no European neighbors are being a bother, we will look into invading Morocco.

Plans in motion
v2_1-1.jpg

Tunis's relations with us was still too high, we must change this.
v2_2-1.jpg

Just what we did not want to see. Russia is cooking up an invasion with us.
v2_3-1.jpg

Shortly after we find out about the conspiring Russians, this comes about. Nothing too inviting to jump on. Plans for defense are under way from the Russian fronts.
v2_4-1.jpg

v2_5-1.jpg

War justification under way for Tunis. Only Russia stands in the way as a distraction for our expansion in North Africa.
v2_7-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is not good for international relations...
v2_8-1.jpg

The war drums are beating louder!
v2_9-1.jpg

We will crash into Tunis's territory first!
v2_10-1.jpg

As soon as we declare war, Russia crosses the line to try to contain us. The Russian bear might be a great foe but we will take her on!
v2_11-1.jpg

Sweeping through Tunis is key to snuffing out the Russian distraction. Once Tunis goes down, troops will be relocated to the Russian fronts.
v2_12-1.jpg

A look at the area of operations.
v2_13-1.jpg

I sent my entire navy to guard the Bosporus and Dardanelles. The Crimean is cut off.
v2_14-1.jpg

v2_14-1.jpg

Can you even use establish a protectorate as a great power? I thought you couldn't.

Good going so far, just don't make Napoleon's mistake and invade Russia in return XD

Can you even use establish a protectorate as a great power? I thought you couldn't.

Good going so far, just don't make Napoleon's mistake and invade Russia in return XD

Don't worry, I plan on just keeping the Russian's out of my lands. I have no real desires to enter theirs.

I did not see a protectorate option. Besides, it just sounds better to conquer them instead of protecting them ;)

Thanks for reading so far guys, more to come today.

Well this is a big help against the mighty bear
v2_1-2.jpg

More Germanic friends
v2_2-2.jpg

Tunis is dropping fast
v2_3-2.jpg

v2_4-2.jpg

Well, it looks like more European powers want to whittle me down, it would not be a problem if my friends did not back out
v2_7-2.jpg

v2_5-2.jpg

v2_6-1.jpg

The Russian Bear backed off, now to focus on my new enemies.
v2_8-2.jpg

v2_9-2.jpg

Got another ally.
v2_10-2.jpg

v2_11-2.jpg

Well, France and Spain were manageable, but this is going to hurt.
v2_12-2.jpg

I beat down France except for the defense of Cyprus. I took heavy casualties there and it was a turning point in the war.
v2_13-2.jpg

More countries propose to be my ally, I take them for a rainy day.
v2_14-2.jpg

v2_15-1.jpg

In the best interests for our nation, we will disarm and surrender to the terms France and Austria want. I will only give Spain a White peace. They are a sicker man than I. So we will not be a great power for a period of time but it will be a blast to make a come back. My military tech will be better the next go around with any European war.
v2_16.jpg

v2_17.jpg

v2_18.jpg

Ouch. Those cut down to sizes are going to really hurt your finances and military in the short term, though I think you should be able to recover easily enough once the treaties run out.