I don't know if this has been proposed before but I wish that familial politics played a bigger role in this game. The existing methods to view your dynasty are pretty pointless and difficult to navigate when you do use them. The role of 'head of the dynasty' means very little and being a fellow dynasty member also doesn't seem to matter much. In a game that focuses on advancing your dynastic prestige this seems like an important oversight. It will probably be improved upon in later expansions/patches, I suppose, but I don't hear many people talk about it so i just wanted to bring it up.
Here's a list of things I'd like to see added or improved upon:
- Improved dynasty/family tree view pages
- Cadet branches
- Competition between main and cadet branches
- Increased cooperation between rulers within the same dynasty
- De Jure and de facto branch heads (maybe determined by rank and popularity respectively)
- Decisions about marriages, involvement in wars, granting of titles, etc. need approval by the branch head
- Lots of other stuff I can't think of
I don't know, what do you guys think?