+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I destroy a title?

How do I destroy a title?

I'm playing as the von Hapsburg family, I am currently the King of Burgundy. I wanted to try to depose the Holy Roman Emperor. Remove the title and have Germania be filled with multiple duchies. How do I go about this?

I am currently capable of taking on the HRE with my allies, the Hapsburg kings of England, Denmark, Hungary, and Leon.

You would need to take the current emperors last county without becoming emperor yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Din View Post
    You would need to take the current emperors last county without becoming emperor yourself.
    Wouldn't he revoke a vassal's county in the HRE and continue as the emperor?

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I really wish you could remove titles. I am King of Aragon, Leon, and Portugal... I wish I could void 2 so my character only has 1 to be recognized. And they could be brought back in the future if you so wish, just get rid of them on said character, same for HRE, when he is defeated you can send the title of Emperor of HRE into obscurity for time being.

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    Wouldn't he revoke a vassal's county in the HRE and continue as the emperor?
    Yes, he needs to have no vassals.

You can destroy a title by holding all of the de-jure territory yourself, granting one county to a courtier, then giving him the title you want to destroy, and then revoking the county.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by foolfromhell View Post
    I am currently capable of taking on the HRE with my allies, the Hapsburg kings of England, Denmark, Hungary, and Leon.
    Why do I get the idea your question is less a question and more of a chance to polish your e-peen?

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestra View Post
    Why do I get the idea your question is less a question and more of a chance to polish your e-peen?
    It would be impressive if he had started as Abyssinia.

+ Reply to Thread