+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Inheritance" of a vasall as republic

"Inheritance" of a vasall as republic

In my Swiss game I've vasallised Baden. A few years later I saw that now Baden has been annexed by me - without me doing it on purpose, as I've inherited it.

How is this possible? Has anyone ever seen something like that before?

Ship Simulator Extremes

The only way I can think of is if rebels broke the country and made the land defect to you. Do you have any more information?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

If you had info : "We inherited Throne of BADEN" then you inherited them, if not, then only rebels comes to my mind.

Do you have cores? If yes, then somehow your inherited which I find unlikely. If you do not have cores, then it was certainly rebels. Unless you are okay with dealing with the malice of unlawful territory, releasing them to once again be your vassal is probably the best plan.

I didn't have any cores, and I didn't get any message. But Baden has the same culture as Switzerland. But it were probably some kind of rebells. In the savegame I found the following part:

Code:
    1461.10.4=
    		{
    			controller="REB"
    		}
    		1462.9.1=
    		{
    			controller="SWI"
    		}
    		1462.9.1=
    		{
    			owner="SWI"
    		}
    Perhaps some republican rebells took over the control and then defected to me.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    King Arthur IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSengoku500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

This is the work of patriot rebels. In fact, even though you share the same culture, patriot rebels can be aligned with a nation (you can see a flag matching with the sponsor's in the tooltip).

I've once conquered half of northern italy with lombard patriots as Tuscany (a lombard cultured nation).

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Patriot rebels are possibly the best way to expand in the HRE if you know how to use them right.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by xcrissxcrossx View Post
    Patriot rebels are possibly the best way to expand in the HRE if you know how to use them right.
    How do you use them right and avoid unlawful territory?

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Were you noble republic by any chance? IIRC, ANY form of government can have inheritance, as long as they have the ability to form royal marriages. If you add this option to theocracy, for example, they can inherit as well.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Were you noble republic by any chance? IIRC, ANY form of government can have inheritance, as long as they have the ability to form royal marriages. If you add this option to theocracy, for example, they can inherit as well.
    Re-read. He already told they were rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Re-read. He already told they were rebels.
    He said "Perhaps some republican rebells took over the control and then defected to me.", now my grasp of English language is far from perfect, but the way i understand this is that he is completely uncertain as to what has happened.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Ship Simulator Extremes

He posted the province history that explicitly shows rebels caused it. There isn't much left to discuss here.

Field Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    He posted the province history that explicitly shows rebels caused it. There isn't much left to discuss here.
    By the way, how do you use patriot rebels the "right way" to expand in HRE?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am also curious as to the correct usage of patriot rebels inside the HRE.

Well lets say youre Swiss culture (for example, lets say were not talking about Vanilla).

One of the territories neighboring you is also Swiss culture, BUT is owned by another country with different primary_culture, say Austria, Austrian culture.

If youre the ONLY Swiss cultured country, IF you use spies to spawn patriot rebels in Austria-owned Swiss province, they will besiege it and defect it to you after 32 months (or something like that). IF there is another province of Swiss culture, REGARDLESS of who owns it (it can even be another Swiss cultured country!!!) neighboring the one where you spawned patriot rebels via spies, the patriot rebel stack can upon successful siege simply move to that one and do the same thing (or if Austria brings a doomstack that defeats the patriot rebels, they will RETREAT to ANY neighboring Swiss province regardless of who owns it): besiege and conquer it. If there are even more Swiss provinces, not owned by YOU, rebels will keep moving around besieging them one after another, after some time you will start getting provinces defected notification

The HRE area is specially good, because there is alot of small one province countries. Usually, if rebel stack is spawned in high base_tax province, rebel stack can be even 10-15000 strong. In most cases, as soon as a rebel stack of that size moves to a OPM country, it will insta-annihilate OPM's army (usually kept at low maintenance) and proceed to besiege it. IF OPM's capital is taken by patriot rebels, rebels will enforce their demands immediately, or in other words DEFECT the province right away.

Field Marshal

We all know that, but what are some strategies to bounce the rebels the right way? Also, do you get cores for defection? Unlawful territory hurts a lot.

Ship Simulator Extremes

You'll never get cores for defection but it's a sweet way to release vassals without spending 4 infamy doing so. You can then get the "incorporate vassal" mission hopefully.

+ Reply to Thread