• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zorro

Field Marshal
92 Badges
Mar 15, 2003
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Majesty 2
Took a while but finally got in a great war.

the_great_war.jpg

France, Austria, Ottoman Empire, Netherlands, some minors against Germany, Russia, Spain, and Sweden. I was surprised that France Dow me. Their standing army wasn't that big.

well with Spain seemingly able to hold back the French, and the Russian's already there, Austria hopelessly pickled, looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.
Ya I was surprised by Spain's success. The bulk of Russia's mobilized troops haven't even reached the front yet.

I was surprised when, playing a Germany with triple digit infamy, my ally Spain(my ally from when I puppeted them; they later GPed away from me) with literally no troops answered my call against the Netherlands, joined by the UK and Russia, thus making a Great War...
Does Spain have that national trait that France does that lets them mobilize tons of troops? They only have about 12 brigades in my game and now they are holding the French back.

That should take care of France DoW ever again. Would have finished the war sooner but I found out late that you get a badboy reduction during Great Wars had to keep the war going while I justified them.

the_great_war_4.jpg

How did you get the German Empire? Sorry small question as I formed Germany with the modern flag and just wondered how you got the German Empire (with appropriate flag).

Oh and is it always going to be the case once I get Alsace-Lorraine to form Germany, France will DOW every chance she feels like?

How did you get the German Empire? Sorry small question as I formed Germany with the modern flag and just wondered how you got the German Empire (with appropriate flag).

Oh and is it always going to be the case once I get Alsace-Lorraine to form Germany, France will DOW every chance she feels like?

He didn't enact political reforms.

And yes, france will DOW you usually.

He didn't enact political reforms.

And yes, france will DOW you usually.

"That is why kill them you must"-- Yoda on the French.

I DOWed the Netherlands to puppet it. Portugal(sphere leader), UK, and Russia answered the call on their side, and USA/Mexico on mine(I used yesmen to make sure it would be a great war).

v2_171.jpg

These were all the peace terms with Portugal and the UK...I took Finland, Karelia, and Western Ukraine from Russia, and puppeted the Dutch. I obviously used yesmen, but, in my defense, the US had occupied all of Canada, and I had occupied all of Britain and New Zealand. I would hope that the occupation of Britain is enough to rationally demand the release of South Africa and the freeing of minor provinces(British Guyana, Falklands, Ethiopia, Singapore, British Burma)

Next war, I'm, going for the release of Australia and the end of the British Raj

The results on the world map:
v2_172.jpg

v2_173.jpg

v2_174.jpg

v2_175.jpg

v2_176.jpg

v2_177.jpg

v2_178.jpg

Not shown: I made Portugal release Djibouti to Ethiopia and Southern Tanzania to Zanzibar. In addition, I restored the Suez Canal from the UK to Egypt and gave Ethiopia her cores, which had been colonised by the Brits.

That is a nice German Empire. What is yesman? Is that the cheat when the A.I. would except any peace deal?

I was just in a similar scenario in which the British refused to conceded despite winning a major victory. Italy (I was playing as them), USA, Russia, and Brazil against the UK and Austria. USA took all of Canada, Brazil took their holdings in south America, and myself and Russia took all of Austria. They still refused peace until warscore was at around 50.

That is a nice German Empire. What is yesman? Is that the cheat when the A.I. would except any peace deal?

I was just in a similar scenario in which the British refused to conceded despite winning a major victory. Italy (I was playing as them), USA, Russia, and Brazil against the UK and Austria. USA took all of Canada, Brazil took their holdings in south America, and myself and Russia took all of Austria. They still refused peace until warscore was at around 50.

Yes, it makes the AI accept any peace offer. Actually, I tag switched to Portugal and offered the full peace to Germany so that I wouldn't have to wait another month for a DP.

Why is the UK such a pain to get a peace from even when you have a high warscore. Is it their overall military strength?

Why is the UK such a pain to get a peace from even when you have a high warscore. Is it their overall military strength?

I thought it's because:
1. They have so many provinces that it's really hard to get a high warscore, even when occupying all of the British Isles
2. They think they can recover because they have doomstacks in India that never move, in addition to their 777k troops stuck in Ireland.