+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My first great war

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My first great war

Took a while but finally got in a great war.

France, Austria, Ottoman Empire, Netherlands, some minors against Germany, Russia, Spain, and Sweden. I was surprised that France Dow me. Their standing army wasn't that big.
    My Inkwell

"I am the Roman Emperor, and am above grammar."-Emperor Sigismund

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

well with Spain seemingly able to hold back the French, and the Russian's already there, Austria hopelessly pickled, looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

I was surprised when, playing a Germany with triple digit infamy, my ally Spain(my ally from when I puppeted them; they later GPed away from me) with literally no troops answered my call against the Netherlands, joined by the UK and Russia, thus making a Great War...

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggs713 View Post
    well with Spain seemingly able to hold back the French, and the Russian's already there, Austria hopelessly pickled, looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.
    Ya I was surprised by Spain's success. The bulk of Russia's mobilized troops haven't even reached the front yet.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    I was surprised when, playing a Germany with triple digit infamy, my ally Spain(my ally from when I puppeted them; they later GPed away from me) with literally no troops answered my call against the Netherlands, joined by the UK and Russia, thus making a Great War...
    Does Spain have that national trait that France does that lets them mobilize tons of troops? They only have about 12 brigades in my game and now they are holding the French back.
    My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I don't think the Spanish value equality like the French...

They probably got a lot of immigrants from somewhere...

That should take care of France DoW ever again. Would have finished the war sooner but I found out late that you get a badboy reduction during Great Wars had to keep the war going while I justified them.

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

How did you get the German Empire? Sorry small question as I formed Germany with the modern flag and just wondered how you got the German Empire (with appropriate flag).

Oh and is it always going to be the case once I get Alsace-Lorraine to form Germany, France will DOW every chance she feels like?
    No, I'm not a tree-hugging, granola-eating, hippy-daisy-wearing marshmallow of a creampuff - Scocou.

As EU4 isn't the game for peaceful internal development, I suggest that you use that money to put boots in exotic places... - Knul

Quote Originally Posted by synthshadow View Post
    How did you get the German Empire? Sorry small question as I formed Germany with the modern flag and just wondered how you got the German Empire (with appropriate flag).

Oh and is it always going to be the case once I get Alsace-Lorraine to form Germany, France will DOW every chance she feels like?
    He didn't enact political reforms.

And yes, france will DOW you usually.

Quote Originally Posted by medopu View Post
    He didn't enact political reforms.

And yes, france will DOW you usually.
    "That is why kill them you must"-- Yoda on the French.
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

I DOWed the Netherlands to puppet it. Portugal(sphere leader), UK, and Russia answered the call on their side, and USA/Mexico on mine(I used yesmen to make sure it would be a great war).

These were all the peace terms with Portugal and the UK...I took Finland, Karelia, and Western Ukraine from Russia, and puppeted the Dutch. I obviously used yesmen, but, in my defense, the US had occupied all of Canada, and I had occupied all of Britain and New Zealand. I would hope that the occupation of Britain is enough to rationally demand the release of South Africa and the freeing of minor provinces(British Guyana, Falklands, Ethiopia, Singapore, British Burma)

Next war, I'm, going for the release of Australia and the end of the British Raj

The results on the world map:

Not shown: I made Portugal release Djibouti to Ethiopia and Southern Tanzania to Zanzibar. In addition, I restored the Suez Canal from the UK to Egypt and gave Ethiopia her cores, which had been colonised by the Brits.

That is a nice German Empire. What is yesman? Is that the cheat when the A.I. would except any peace deal?

I was just in a similar scenario in which the British refused to conceded despite winning a major victory. Italy (I was playing as them), USA, Russia, and Brazil against the UK and Austria. USA took all of Canada, Brazil took their holdings in south America, and myself and Russia took all of Austria. They still refused peace until warscore was at around 50.
    My Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    That is a nice German Empire. What is yesman? Is that the cheat when the A.I. would except any peace deal?

I was just in a similar scenario in which the British refused to conceded despite winning a major victory. Italy (I was playing as them), USA, Russia, and Brazil against the UK and Austria. USA took all of Canada, Brazil took their holdings in south America, and myself and Russia took all of Austria. They still refused peace until warscore was at around 50.
    Yes, it makes the AI accept any peace offer. Actually, I tag switched to Portugal and offered the full peace to Germany so that I wouldn't have to wait another month for a DP.

Why is the UK such a pain to get a peace from even when you have a high warscore. Is it their overall military strength?
    My Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Why is the UK such a pain to get a peace from even when you have a high warscore. Is it their overall military strength?
    I thought it's because:
    1. They have so many provinces that it's really hard to get a high warscore, even when occupying all of the British Isles
    2. They think they can recover because they have doomstacks in India that never move, in addition to their 777k troops stuck in Ireland.

+ Reply to Thread