• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Beric Dondarion

Lt. General
22 Badges
Apr 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
This is my second AAR, but the first one I did had a save which was on a laptop which died. So here goes a second attempt. Images will be uploaded either tonight or tomorrow. The Dondarrions are a small house located in Blackhaven, in the Dornish Marches. Beric Dondarrion was a knight who would later be in service of Eddard Stark during the War of the Five Kings.

EDIT: I may end this when I gain the High Lordship of the Dornish Marches after the War of the Usurper, because after the megawar, things become really boring unless a major civil war happens.

LORDS OF THUNDER

sNSiE.png

House Dondarion is a vassal to the Stormlands, the current lord is Edric Dondarion, Lord of Blackhaven.

Edric sighed, he had known his liege would drag him into this sooner or later. A messenger had arrived a fortnight ago, bearing tidings of an oncoming war. Bryen Caron of Nightong, High Lord of the Dornish Marches was a staunch supporter of House Baratheon, all his vassals agreed, but he was a man of peace. When he had called the Marcher Lords to council Edric was suprised to hear he was raising his personal levies to war.

EiTmL.jpg

He had children that needed caring for, so he supposed he needed a wife, if only to look after Beric, Manfred, and Cecyle. "My lord, the lord of Poddingfield's daughter is but a child, yet lands could be gained if he had no sons." His maester had counciled.

yH8zm.jpg

Maester Selmyr sent a raven bearing a marriage offer to Lord Peasebury. A raven returned a day later accepting. Though he was five and thirty(or thirty and five, i can't remember how age is described in Westeros), Edric was a handsome knight of great martial skill.

ddGJs.jpg

Bryen Caron ordered Edric to raise his troops and assault Jon Connington, Lord of Griffin's Roost, who was taking a route through the Marches in order to avoid Baratheon troops.

Last edited:
I9VSc.jpg

The battle was a success, Connington was driven off, taking heavy losses. Edric knew this land. Summerhall, it was named. He had read somewhere that the original Summerhall was burnt to the ground by Targaryens trying to hatch dragon eggs with fire. So a new castle and sept were built. He espied a chance to show his prowess to his lord and began the siege of Summerhall.

psxRD.jpg

Aemon of Bonewatch, Edric's Master of Coin, had come with him, but had took a wound during the battle with Connington and had died of infection. Edric had the camp followers dig a grave for him and promised to dig him up later and bury him in the sept at Summerhall after they captured it.

NmVgh.jpg

55zYj.jpg

Bennis of the red apple Fossoways had come up from the Reach, slipping past Fawnton and Gallowsgrey, taking Edric by suprise. Bennis had near six thousand men, against Edric's force of two thousand. Edric knew the battle lost and took his retinue to the back, retreating in good order as the Fossoway forces swarmed the castle to destroy the front line assault of Edrics forces.

QRdDE.jpg

sE0VB.jpg

Ser Ryman of Purple fields captured a Crownlander mayor, thus earning a place in Edric's court. When Manfred had come of age, he chose not to give him a tutor from his court.

wxfYT.jpg

Combined Dornish and Targaryen troops siege Blackhaven. If the Northern and Vale troops rallied together they could drive them off. But that doesn't look like it could happen.

Last edited: