+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luxembourgh

Private
    Victoria 2

Luxembourgh

My first game APD.

Please explain me about Luxembourgh.

I play as Prussia 1836 and want to free it. I declare Belgium war, France and Denmark help me. First of all in free people CB all provinces of Wallonia are numbered for transfer. Second Luxembourgh has core on Arlon.
    After several weeks of war I get message of white peace, but L. is free now, but only 1 prov.

What does that all mean? Some event has triggered for Belgium or what?

From what I can tell at least, is that you only declared war on the Netherlands to free Luxembourg (because Luxembourg is a puppet of the Netherlands), so you would need to add the war justification (add wargoal) to Belgium as well, asking to free Luxembourg from them as well (if they do have a core, as you said). Frankly though if you are playing as Prussia, once you create the North German Federation, and put them in your sphere, they will ask to join you after a while, so there is no need to declare war on them; unless you really want to that is.

Private
    Victoria 2

Stop. In 1836 Luxemburg is part of Belgium. In APD.

Quote Originally Posted by Konikpeter View Post
    Stop. In 1836 Luxemburg is part of Belgium. In APD.
    Ok, well if I remember correctly there is some sort of event for Belgium/Netherlands I believe. But in any case as I said you can have the flip to you in a manner of years.

Private
    Victoria 2

That's not the question.
    The question is why the war stopped immediately? Maybe France did it? And why L. gained only one prov?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Probably the Netherlands enacted the Treaty of London decision-- which would release Luxembourg and thus render your CB invalid. Hence the White Peace.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Probably the Netherlands enacted the Treaty of London decision-- which would release Luxembourg and thus render your CB invalid. Hence the White Peace.
    This.
    Viribus Unitis !

Private
    Victoria 2

Yes, I've checked, u'r right. Thanks all

MM Prime Minister in Exile Vishaing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

On the subject of Luxembourg, because the German Empire lacks cores on the province, owning it will prevent Austria from forming Germany even though I'm pretty sure Luxembourg can be included into Germany. That should probably be changed.
    Imperium in Imperio -:- EUIV Edition CKII Edition

Vishaing's Idea Corner -:- EUIV Modding Tools, Areas of Interest, Free Relations, Simple Character System, Re-Re-Thinking Ideas, War and Peace, Simplified Population System, Reforming Monarch Points, Fixing Rotten Attitudes

NOTE: Your Definition of 'soon' Might differ from Mine.

I dont think it would stop Austria from forming Germany if say a non GP Prussia conquered it.
    The north German minors can take non-german empire territory (Jylland for example) and still be included.

A sphereling owning territory that doesnnt belong to the Empire doesnt stop you forming it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmax92 View Post
    I dont think it would stop Austria from forming Germany if say a non GP Prussia conquered it.
    The north German minors can take non-german empire territory (Jylland for example) and still be included.

A sphereling owning territory that doesnnt belong to the Empire doesnt stop you forming it.
    He means that owning Luxembourg as Austria prevents you from forming Germany (as you can't control non-cores).

MM Prime Minister in Exile Vishaing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Yeah, it leads to the weird situation where someone else can own it, but not you. In my game I Conquered Luxembourg.... Because.... I don't remember why, I think I was just bored and figured I had spent too long with 0 infamy.

Now that I think about it, this is true for all territory. So if a Non-GP Prussia conquered all of Poland from Russia, you would be able to form a huge Germany with tons of non-core land, but if you control that land directly then its no-go.
    Imperium in Imperio -:- EUIV Edition CKII Edition

Vishaing's Idea Corner -:- EUIV Modding Tools, Areas of Interest, Free Relations, Simple Character System, Re-Re-Thinking Ideas, War and Peace, Simplified Population System, Reforming Monarch Points, Fixing Rotten Attitudes

NOTE: Your Definition of 'soon' Might differ from Mine.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vishaing View Post
    Yeah, it leads to the weird situation where someone else can own it, but not you. In my game I Conquered Luxembourg.... Because.... I don't remember why, I think I was just bored and figured I had spent too long with 0 infamy.

Now that I think about it, this is true for all territory. So if a Non-GP Prussia conquered all of Poland from Russia, you would be able to form a huge Germany with tons of non-core land, but if you control that land directly then its no-go.
    The reason is because if Austria has an empire of their own they would never have formed Germany. Period. The end.

So if you, as Austria, get bored and decide to go conquer Luxembourg you are still maintaining your Empire. Thus you are not going to form Germany-- not without releasing Luxembourg and whatever else you've conquered. This has come up numerous times, and we are not changing the system so an Austria that still holds an empire can form Germany anyway... and specifically excluding Luxembourg from that consideration (presumably because it can potentially join Germany) in case the player got bored and decided to conquer it isn't likely to happen. Don't do that.

+ Reply to Thread