+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invading while providing suplies?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries

Invading while providing suplies?

Hello, I'm not very good at this game (my second one as the USA, around 50 hours in, but i still suck <_<) I've invaded Japan, taken the motherland of Japan, but now my path is block, i went into Korea and took that, but meet heavy resistance from Manchu, Italy, Siam and Germany at north of Korea, and now I'm stuck with nearly no supplies, and stuck in a defensive position slowly being pushed back, what to do? How do I bring supplies there?

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Supplies have to be shipped from USA to Korea with convoys.
    First check your minimap. There is a tab for supply. Make sure there are red arrows to all ports in Korea. Unless you have changed anything in the production=>convoys menu convoys should be created automatically.
    Next check on the production page that you have enough available convoys. Playing as the US I always have to make more than what I start with.
    Third, take a look at your forces in Korea. A common mistake is to have too many troops so you can't supply them even if all ports are at maximum. Armor and mechanized infantry require a lot of supplies and as USA it is tempting to build them because of the low manpower and high IC.
    Have you researched the supply techs in the theory tab and the naval basing in naval tab? They are on my list of "must have" techs.
    In this situation you could possibly use transport aircraft to run air supply from Japan if you have buildt them.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksyr View Post
    Supplies have to be shipped from USA to Korea with convoys.
    First check your minimap. There is a tab for supply. Make sure there are red arrows to all ports in Korea. Unless you have changed anything in the production=>convoys menu convoys should be created automatically.
    Next check on the production page that you have enough available convoys. Playing as the US I always have to make more than what I start with.
    Third, take a look at your forces in Korea. A common mistake is to have too many troops so you can't supply them even if all ports are at maximum. Armor and mechanized infantry require a lot of supplies and as USA it is tempting to build them because of the low manpower and high IC.
    Have you researched the supply techs in the theory tab and the naval basing in naval tab? They are on my list of "must have" techs.
    In this situation you could possibly use transport aircraft to run air supply from Japan if you have buildt them.
    You've got me spot on, I've got a lot of Rocket Artialary and Mec... And while I have most suply techs I don't have naval base tech. and no transport aircraft, I'll try it out, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread