• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

spirto

Field Marshal
35 Badges
Feb 17, 2008
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Just playing a normal game, taking bits of the New World... But I have one pretty big problem, I have a CoT in Manhattan, but the Cherokee lands I took seem to have gone overboard and now 4 of them (all adjacent to each other), no matter how many times I delete them they keep coming back! I would show you a screenshot but I can't seem to find the folder that holds them!

Using Divine Wind 5.1

Is this a known bug? If so, are there any fixes?

What do you mean by 4 adjacent Cherokee provinces? Are you saying that there is a CoT in each one, or are you saying that a CoT keeps spawning in one of them? If it's the latter, it's a known issue. Random CoTs appears to give preference to spawning in culture groups that don't already have a CoT. I presume since the North American culture group in your game doesn't have a CoT of its own, it'll try spawning there. It happens in other places in the world too. For example, it's quite normal to have a moving CoT in 4-province Kongo.

CoTs will likely stop spawning in those 4 provinces when your missionaries successfully convert them to your culture. Alternatively, you can join a Trade League. CoTs can't spawn in provinces that belong in a League. Lastly, you could just let the CoT die on it's own, if you think it's small enough. CoTs begin to stagnate and die if their trade value remains below 200 for a period of time.

Last edited:
4 different provinces :p it was really quite interesting watching them pop up one after the other!

But those provinces were already converted....

Yeah I've let them die out but there are still 2 left.

Find the Europa Universalis 3 folder in the C: drive and then at the top click on a button called "Compatibility Files" (or something similar). There will then be a screenshots folder.

You'll then need to upload them to a website like imageshack and then you copy & paste the URL to show the shots in the forum.

Hope this is helpful.

OP have you tried deleting the map cache and letting it regenerate? If your cache is bugged the game might be miscalculating the provinces locations relative to each other, thus causing 4 to spawn side by side.

Other cache bugs include Japan being discovered by landlocked HRE OPMs and crazy colonization ranges.