• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EtzelHoveri

Lt. General
53 Badges
Dec 16, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
As you guessed I will be playing as the Stark family during Robert's Rebellion. The AAR will follow whichever Stark is in charge. Each post will consist of each season. So if it's a short Summer then it will probably not be that long of a post so that means long Summers or Winters may be very long posts, just to warn you. This AAR my main goal is to recapture Lyanna Stark. 'Ned', Edard Stark, though hates the Mad King for killing his father and brother wants to see that his sister is returned ot him safely. So that is where the AAR will mostly focus. However, that is not to say that his children will have the same passions as he does.

Table of Contents​

Last edited:
To be honest I thought about it. But decided against it.

I get off work in about three hours. I'll have the post up then.

CHAPTER 1: FLAG OF REBELLION HAS BEEN RAISED

13704-game-of-thrones-stark-winter-is-coming.jpg

He could not believe what had happend to him these past few days. His second father and ward, Jon Arryn, had recieved a raven from his own father stating that his sister had been kidnapped by Prince Rhaegar and he along with his elder brother, Brandon, were moving south to free her. This news worried Lord Jon who thought it was a foolish move on the part of the Lord of Winterfell. This turned out to be true when word then came from King's Landing that both Rickard and Brandon Stark were executed, Lyanna was still a prisoner and King Aeyrs II wanted both the heads of his friend and husband of Lyanna, Robert Baratheon, and himself. Thankfully Lord Jon refused and the three agreed to raise their banner of rebellion. They would see the 'Mad-King' dethroned and Robert placed as the new King of the Seven Kingdom. This was their pact, but Eddard cared little for this. He wanted the return of his sister that had been taken from him and his family. With his father and brother dead it was up to him and his younger brother Benjen to see that his sister was returned to him safe. Though he knew they could not do it alone, they needed more then the men of The North, The Vale and the Stormlands. So he agreed to marry Catelyn Tully securing the added support of House Tully and the Riverlands. They were now in a position to fight the King and see the land returned to order. So with the end of Winter the Rebellion has begun.

ck2_2.jpg

He was now returned to his lands in Winterfell and had taken his father's seat as Lord Paramount of The North. Along with this title and position Eddard was also gifted with a Valyrian steel sword named Ice, the sword of House Stark. His father must have assumed this would happen as he had left the sword behind for Eddard or Benjen to take up once he was gone. Full of anger and sorrow the call was sent to the people of Winterfell and those who lived on Stark lands. It was time to march south. It took nearly a week to muster the men but in the end they had a force of eight-five hundred men behind them as they moved south to reclaim his sister. He would see her free. Along with him came Benjen and a man by the name of Rodrik Cassel. They marched south for days which turned into weeks, eventually they finally arrived at Rook's Rest and began the war on their side. He would take Rook's Rest, Sweetport Sound and eventually move on to take Dragonstone and regain his sister.

He was not accustomed to real battle and so it was a great surprise to him when he learned that he was actually quite gifted at what he was doing. He had read of battles and sieges but this would be the first he would take part in, thanks to the help of both his brother and Rodrik he was able to do quite a good job at holding the region and preventing the enemy from coming out to fight him. On more then one occasion the soldiers of Rook's Rest tried to sally out to force the enemy army away so they could bring in more supplies but each time they were able to beat them back with little difficulty.

ck2_4.jpg

Following yet another failed attempt to dislodge him and his troops from a proper siege a letter arrived by messenger from Hoster Tully, his new father-in-law.

Lord Eddard Stark,

I have recently recieved a raven from my daughter with the most joyous news. You are a father, young lad. Be pleased to know that your line is secured and you have a beautiful baby boy. She named him Hlothere. Continue to put up the good fight and I hope that you will soon be returning north to spend time with your son.

Hoster Tully,
Head of House Tully,
Lord of Riverrun,
Lord Paramount of the Riverlands

ck2_5.jpg

He could not believe that he was a father. He had only been with his wife the once but it was enough. The following days during the siege there was much song and dance and celebration. To much it turned out as coming up unaware to him and his men was an army of twenty thousand men under the command of the 'Mad-King' himself. He had tried to get away with his men but it turned out he just did not have enough time and his men were still recovering from their nights of drinking. Once he finally made his stand against the 'Mad-King' it was to late as his men were already trying to run. Every last soldier under his command was slaughtered while only killing a handful of men. It was a truly sad moment for him. He would have died on the field of battle too if it was not for Rodrik Cassel who was able to help him and his brother slip away back north into The Vale. From there they were able to take the long journey back north.

The entire trip he could not stop thinking of how he failed his sister and that she would never escape now. What was she going to do? What was he going to do? He had failed his people and they would probably see the Stark's removed from power and another Lord take over as Lord Paramount. To his great surprise though he was not greeted with jeers, but rather with a large host of men, stretching as far as the eyes could see there were cook fires and tents. At the center of the camp was a large tent with the dire wolf banner blowing above it in the winds. Curious the three surviving men made their way through camp to learn that in the tent were three people. William Dustin, Lord of the Barrowlands, Catelyn, and their baby boy. Upon recieving the raven of his defeat at Rook's Rest, Catelyn sent messengers all across The North commanding the Lords to come to Winterfell for Eddard needed them. In the end twenty-five thousand men all heeded the call and he once again had an army to exact his revenge. After spending a night with his wife he split the army in two. A force of ten thousand men under his personal command while the remaining men would fall under Lord William's. Rodrik and Benjen were told to stay in Winterfell and to follow should more men come.

The trip south took even longer then first as it was hard to travel with so many men. Eventually the two armies split up with their different orders. Eddard would travel to finish his work at Rook's Rest while Lord William and his men would take Dyre Den. They needed to destroy and capture Crackclaw Point if they were going to win this war. Going their seperate ways Eddard once more found himself standing in the lands of Rook's Rest. This time he would not be sent home defeated. This time he promised he would either die or his sister would be returned to him. It was then that a raven arrived from the north.

'Another son, Rickard'

ck2_6.jpg

He had another son and now with this new army and Dyre Den under siege as well Rook's Rest quickly fell to him and he decided to have his wife come south to join him. They were as safe as he could think and he missed her, though he had only really spent two days with her since their marriage. Both times produced another child for the Stark family. Upon her arrival at Rook's Rest another messenger arrived at the same time with word that Lord William had taken Dyre Den and would hold the territory until Eddard finished his work on Crackclaw Point.

Spending a few nights with his wife Eddard eventually travelled north to Sweetport Sound. Here he returned to his war and his goal to see his sister returned to him. Sadly though this goal of his was slowly losing out to wanting to spend more and more time with his wife. He knew he needed to avenge his father and brother and rescue his sister but he loved his new wife and wanted to spend every day with her. What was he to do? It was at this moment that Lord William arrived to speak with him. He asked if he could assist in the capture of Crackclaw Point, which was accepted. William also informed his Lord that his wife had given him yet another son, this one was named Ealdun.

ck2_7.jpg

That same day Sweetport Sound fell to him and he was one step closer to winning his little war. All of Crackclaw Point was soon to fall and then if he could aquire ships he would sail on to Dragonstone and take the Prince's head and rescue his sister. Before this could happen though two major events occured. The first was that word came from the south that King Aerys II was now dead. During a battle with Robert he had taken a hard blow to the head and never recovered. This meant that the new King was Rhaegar in their eyes and his personal feud with the man had turned into the Rebellion's goal.

Already the Rebellion had been going on for seven years with no clear winner. Worst of all though was that Winter was coming.

ck2_9.jpg

Do Eddard and Catelyn fuck each other telepatically? XD
Seriously, Paradox needs to do something about that... something like, a character's wife cannot get pregnant if the character's leading an army.

Both times she got pregnant just before he left. Only the time he was at the siege of Rook's Rest did she have a kid and he was not there. So I figured she came down to see him.

Also I played through the rebellion now. I'll be posting as soon as I hit summer and I get back into town. I'm at my grandmother's funeral.

Sad to hear your at something like that. Looking forward to more stories of House Stark!!!

Gotta agree with Leviathan it made me laugh when I saw the eldest was named Hlothor :) but I've been wondering what Mr. George RR Martin would think about this Mod :p and if he'd enjoy the alternate histories we make for his story lol

Was the last one short?

The next update should be decent size so far.

Dont worry about appeazing me with update sizes, Im a monster reader, often reading entire books (one time an entire series) within one day! But if you feel the need to make an update that takes up an entire page be my guest :D.

Also, whats the mean time till the next update? Youve got me hooked!

So I might not be doing posts by Winters and Summers anymore. After that first summer and the war ending I've only been playing for two more years after that and I have three times as much information to write about then for just the Summer alone and that had 9 years and I'm only half way to nine years.

Most certainly. Just like you don't need to know history to play CK 2. It would also make it more interesting since you don't know the inner politics of the game. So you could play as eddard, kill catelyn and marry cersei.