• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CHAPTER 2: REVENGE IS MINE​

With Winter coming the war needed to come to an end. Though it did not appear it would, especially now that the King was Rhaegar. Robert was starting to win battles in the south and was marching on King's Landing. While Eddard was doing rather well at breaking the King's support in his strongest lands of Crackclaw Point. He believed with the combined strength of himself and Lord William all of the Peninsula will fall within the year though only time will tell.

Lord William had just captured Brownhollow and was moving onto the Point itself while he was taking the island of Claw Isle. It was then that they had recieved a raven from Dyre Den that a King's army of nine thousand men were coming. This greatly worried Eddard since after these past six years of fighting his force of twenty-five thousand men had depleted to only five thousand under Lord William and a little more then six under himself. Leaving the siege of Claw Isle he began ferrying his men back across to Sweetport Sound. Just like it had last time it took days to get all his men across in the few boats he was able to find from the locals. Once all the men were across the channel he began moving north to assist Lord William who was probably already engaging the King's army. It would take him another week, but once his men had arrived the battle quickly turned in their favor as they now outnumbered the King's soldiers.

They fought back and forth for days. Eventually it soon became an all out rout for the King's men who could not stand up to Eddard and his Valyrian steel blade. During the pursuit of the enemies men Eddard called off the men. These men were no longer their enemy, for he had recieved a letter from King's Landing.

My Dearest Brother,

The war is over. You have made our ancestors proud these last ten years, dearest brother. Thanks to your efforts in the north you drew the eye of Rhaegar's last troops and Robert was able to move against King's Landing with little difficulty. This final siege lasted only a few days, but in the end he took the city. Robert has taken the Iron Throne as King Robert Baratheon the First of his Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm. He has also kept his lands and titles in the Stormlands because of Rhaegar's final action. You see as he was fleeing with the last of his loyal men he cut down Stannis Baratheon.

Sadly though Rhaegar was not caught though Jaime Lannister made a good attempt at the man. Hopefully we will eventually learn where he went and he will pay for the crimes he commited. For his efforts Jaime was named Commander of the King's Guard and his father, Tywin, was made Hand of the King. I do not agree with this last action. That title belongs to you, but Robert tells me it should go to the man who did not bring war to the Crown. When I mention Lord Paramount Balon Greyjoy did not fight either, Robert just laughs and says "I would rather fight the war all over again then be forced to listen to that little pansy and his talk of Iron prices."

I wish you and Benjen the very best. I had also sent a letter to him, but when you see him next tell him I love you both for what you did. I truly hope to see you again soon, but my duties hold me here in King's Landing I fear.

Lyanna Stark,
Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

and a grateful sister

ck2_10.jpg

He could not believe it. The war was over. Robert won, his sister was safe, and he could return home. Everything was as it should be. Almost. All that remained was that Rhaegar had to be punished. On his march back north Eddard made a decision and on his way back around fourty men disappeared going in all directions. They would find Rhaegar and make him pay.

On his trip north Eddard decided to stop and rest with Jon Arryn. It was good to see the old man and finally meet Catelyn's sister, Lysa. They already had two daughters, sadly the first was born still. The other young girl was named Alys. She was a wonderful little child who he decided to be betrothed to his eldest son, Hlothere. So long as Jon had no sons then The Vale and The North would be united by any children fathered from this union.

ck2_15.jpg

Pleased with such a union the force of five thousand men continued their trip back. Upon entering The Riverlands they had recieved a messenger requesting their immediate arrival at Riverrun. Hoster Tully needed to speak to Eddard and his men. Even though he wished nothing more then to keep heading north to his home, his wife and his children, he turned his army around and made his way to Riverrun.

Upon the armeis arrival at Riverrun, Eddard was greeted by his father-in-law who gave him a huge hug and honored him and his men for their victory at the Battle of Millan and the victory against the 'Mad-King' and his son. To honor him he was going to hold a tournament for him and his men. Agreeing to stay Eddard, Lord William and some of his men all joined the tournament.

ck2_14.jpg

It went on for a couple of weeks with Eddard doing well but eventually being defeated by Jon 'Greatjon' Umber the son of Lord Brun Umber of Last Hearth, one of his vassals. The man was a monster and his mighty greatsword easily overpowered him and his Valyrian steel. This young man would go on to win the entire tournament and be named Champion of the Riverlands.

ck2_17.jpg

Thanks his host for the fun and games Eddard finally decided it was time to return on his journey north. With a revigorated spirit after first a successful war and then a tournament held in their honor the soldiers of The North marched quickly to The Neck. Here the soldiers were released to return to their homes while Eddard and Lord William went on to Winterfell. Here he was greeted by a procession of soldiers, his wife, his children, his brother and the men and women of the keep including Rodrik Cassel.

After a few kisses and hugs, Eddard decreed that for his assistance in saving his life Rodrik would be named Master of the Hunt and he and his children will always have a place at Winterfell. Lord William for his assistance in his time of greatest need was given the title of Master of the Horse and named Lord of Wolfswood. Just as Eddard finished this decree a man arrived he had not seen since the man had left with thirty-nine others. All the man did was nod, but Eddard knew what it meant. Rhaegar was dead. The man had paid for his crimes of taking his sister.

ck2_13.jpg

I realize this one was pretty short and not as well done as the first chapter. I just wanted to post the first six months after the war came to an end before I go away for a time. I might not get a chance to make another post for a week I fear.

It might be sooner but I'm not sure. We lost about fifteen people at work and since I'm one of the managers I'm now working seven days a week, an extra four hours after my shift is over and I still have classes in the morning.

I've got the next two posts written down on paper. As soon as I have time to use a computer I'll get them posted.

Yeah! Anxious to head how life goes on for Lord Eddard and the North.

Also please tell us how things stand with King Robert and Queen Lyanna in King's Landing :)

Here's hoping to a firstborn son named "Robb" !

Chapter 3: FINDING A NEW PURPOSE​

Sitting in his office Eddard could not believe that Rhaegar was dead. Since becoming an adult his goal had been to see this man dead and the return of his sister. He now had both of those, but what was he to do now? Sitting on the table before him was the dagger which had finished the man. The blade that saw his revenge exacted. It was an important moment in his life, but he needed to find something else to fill the gap. As he was lost in thought in this matter he had failed to notice the arrival of his two eldest boys, Hlothere and Rickard. Both boys were holding letters for him. Taking the one from Hlothere first he read it quickly. "It looks like we will be travelling north to Bear Island. Jeor Mormont is holding a tournament in my honor. We will travel together and you will get to see your father fight. How does that sound?"

ck2_18.jpg

Smiling to his two boys Eddard made his way over to the sword that was resting on the mantle above the fireplace. Ice, sword of House Stark. This blade had been in his family for generations. The only question now was who would it go to when he finally died? He already had three sons all of them could recieve the blade in time. He would just have to wait and see.

Buckling the blade around his waist Eddard started towards the door when Rickard cleared his throat and held out the other letter. He had nearly forgotten. Breaking the seal he was surprised to see that it was the Stag of House Baratheon.

Ned,

I have need of you again. Your eldest boy should be coming up to his time to find a ward. I need you to send him to Griffin's Roost. There he will learn under Jon Connington. The man is a fierce warrior and I worry his loyalties especially after I named Tywin Lannister Hand in his place. We need his loyalty. Send him as soon as you can.

Robert

ck2_20.jpg

This would greatly upset his wife. To send away one of her children so far would do nothing else. Especially to a man he had fought against only a year before at the Battle of Millan. But there was no real choice in the matter. His King asked him to do this and he would. Though the boy would go on a new horse with armor and a sword. He would leave a child and return to him a man ready to rule The North he hoped.

Following his son's journey south he left north with both Rickard and Ealdun to take part in the tournament of Bear Island. He originally wasn't going to bring Ealdun but Catelyn insisted. The boy was so excited about the entire trip. Rickard on the other hand seemed almost bored by the games. Both boys were fascinated to see another Valyrian steel sword though. This one was named Longclaw and was held by Jeor Mormont. This tournament ended with a match between Eddard and Greatjon. Unlike the tournament of Riverrun, Eddard went home the victor.

ck2_21.jpg

Returning to his home in Winterfell, Eddard spent the next three years mostly relaxing, the Winter had finally struck and it was going to be a bad one this time. There were two good things though that came out these past three years. He was a father to two more children. A baby girl named Bethany and a boy named Burghed. Bethany people were calling the 'Ice Princess' because she was born the same day that Winter struck in Winterfell. He tried to get people to stop referring to her in that matter but nobody seemed to listen. Rickard on the other hand began spending more and more time with Maester Luwin.

ck2_24.jpg

ck2_26.jpg

As time went by Eddard learned of the death of Lord Roose Bolton. The man was investigating something within The Vale when Ser Arathyn of Stone cut him down. There was no proof except a wandering peasant who had been speaking with Roose just moments before he was killed. With Lord Roose's death The Dreadfort went to his daughter Lady Jadviga Bolton a young dwarf. Benjen had taken a great liking to her and Eddard suggested they marry once she came of age. Both of them agreed to this.

A few days after their betrothel a messenger came from the south. The Hand of the King decided to hold a tournament to forget the Winter. Not wishing to upset the Hand, Eddard agreed but he would go south alone. Rickard was busy with his studies and Ealdun had just began his new position as page to Rodrik Cassel. The other two children were far to young to travel during Winter. On his journey to Casterly Rock Eddard learned that Jon Arryn had passed away. His eldest son Jasper who was just a boy of three became the new Lord Paramoun of The Vale. Eddard thought of betrothing Bethany to him but he decided to first wait and see what kind of man he was. The tournament at Casterly Rock did not go well for him. He was so wrapped up with Lord Jon's death he did not perform as well as he hoped. He still believed he became a better fighter from it but he really did not care about the tournament. By the tiem he returned to the road he could not even remember who had won.

The coming year brought surprising news. Renly Baratheon on his 18th birthday made his way to Storm's End and took the title of Lord Paramount of The Stormlands for himself. King Robert did nothing about it either. He just allowed his younger brother to take those lands for himself. It was a truly surprising moment.

Okay ladies and gentlemen i will be letting you decide. Currently they have a new update for the mod. This update will delete my current AAR. Would you rather me start all over again on the update, keep with this one, or play until the second megawar then call it quits on this one?

Hi how did you find out there was a new update out?

It's on the ck2 user mod area. Page 26 of the game of thrones section. It added the duel ability and some events and fixed a few bugs.

CHAPTER 4: THE RETURN OF THE HEIR​

It had only been a few days since Renly Baratheon had claimed the title of Lord Paramount of The Stormlands, but the rebellion fever had spread all the way to the north. First, the peasants of Bear Island rose up claiming the island for themselves. At least they had tried until the 'Old Bear' and his son Jorah Mormont led their soldiers and put them down that same day. Only one or two were killed to make an example.

ck2_34.jpg

Next came Hugo Wull or as many people called him 'Big Bucket'. The man had recieved a couple men's support to become the next High Lord of the Northern Clans once Eddard had passed as his children were still so young and they would need a strong leader. The man however wanted to be named Lord now and came before Eddard demanding the position to be turned over to him or he would come against him in force. Eddard simply told him to come if he dared. His threat had been a bluff and the man returned to his estates.

ck2_35.jpg

The last was by Lord Rorge of Blue Hills. He saw this as an oppertunity to rise above his own station just like Renly had done and Hugo had tried. His goal was the seat of High Lordship of The Rills, which at the time was being ruled by Bethany Ryswell. Unlike the other two revolts in the north, this one actually had a chance of succeeding as Rorge had more men then Lady Bethany. It looked like he would win to, until the soldiers of Lady Jadviga of The Dreadfort arrived. She had sent them to ensure that her mother's lands and the rest of her inheritance was safe.

Following the news of the last of the northern rebellions had been put down Eddard recieved a letter form his son.

Father,

It has been seven years now since we last saw each other, but I want you to know I'm doing well. Ser Connington is a good man and he has taught me much in the way of politics and the sword. The sword is the reason I write to you today for you see Ser Connington has made me his squire. I am only one step away from being Knighted a Knight of the Realm. When I have, I will be ready to wield
Ice with honor.

Your Son and Heir,
Hlothere

He was proud of his son's accomplishments but he was unsure still if Hlothere would recieve Ice. Though he was the eldest and the heir to his lands his younger brother Ealdun was proving to be a true master of the blade. After constant training with himself and Ser Rodrik, he had proven to Ser Rodrik to be ready to become a squire. At four years the younger he was a match for his elder brother. And since none of his titles would pass on to him he thought it only right the blade go to Ealdun and he could find a life in either the King's Guard or take the Black and maybe on day become Lord Commander.

ck2_37.jpg

As the years go by Burghed is sent south to be taught by Lord Howland Reed of The Neck. And Catelyn gave birth to another little girl. We decided to name her Sansa after her grandmother.

ck2_39.jpg

It was then that the raven arrived with word that Hlothere was coming home. To honor his return they would hold a great feast. Food was collected, acrobats were hired and Rickard was given the honor of going out and bringing back the boar. All in all it was a perfect way to celebrate the coming of age of his eldest son.

ck2_41.jpg

The next month Benjen married Lady Jadviga. That was a truly joyous day. To see my brother stand there before his new wife and give the vows to one another. All was well in The North. At least until the arrival of two ravens. The first came from The Riverlands. Hoster Tully had passed away. His son Edmure had taken up the position of Lord Paramount. Only three days later another came from King's Landing. The King was dead.

ck2_45.jpg

Is "Being torn to shreds by a boar" a natural death, for the likes of Robert Baratheon? :p

Anyways if I was Hlothor I would be pissed if I didn't get daddy's great Valyrian sword ;) Not fair if I have to go south at the king's command, and daddy promises the great sword to my younger brother while I'm not there!! Must be quite the Jacob/Isaac moment for Hlothor... if Ealdun turns out unworthy of the sword (i.e. doesn't join Kingsguard or Night's Watch) Hlothor might want to take the sword back by force.

The sword hasn't been passed down yet. The sword is still in Ned's hands until one proves himself. Who knows the blade may even go to Rickard or another of the Stark children.

So I was so out of it last night while I tried to add the new mod but put it in a different file name, I accidently deleted the old one. So there went this game.