• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First: thanks PI for all hard work.
Second: Maybe I was wrong but this kind of content wich changes gameply must be a expansion rather than a DLC? At my concept DLC may do just aesthetical changes..,
Third: of course I will buy anyway, welcome my harem...

an expansion is form of DLC.

Something bugging me, what is stopping anyone from not buying this DLC but mod the game to play the muslim faction? AFAIK from what i read people already mod this game to play the muslim faction now (since 1.05 patch?)

I mean a stereotypical representation of what XXI Century average folk think music sounded like in the areas that were Muslim during the time-frame of the game. So High Middle Ages Arabic, Turkish and "Moor" Music would do the trick.

well there is gregorian chant, which is christian chanting, so why not the same for the Muslims :) but arabic, turkish and 'moor' music would also be good. :)

Something bugging me, what is stopping anyone from not buying this DLC but mod the game to play the muslim faction? AFAIK from what i read people already mod this game to play the muslim faction now (since 1.05 patch?)

Easy, just put a player=yes for several key muslim features in the exe (multiple wives etc)

Easy, just put a player=yes for several key muslim features in the exe (multiple wives etc)

aye, i hope PI finaly realizes that the best copyright protection is a good multiplayer part and will focus on that much more in the future

But then again, you might just have every player participating online to mod muslims playable, thus all you're initially buying is GFX and events, right? That hardly seems worth the suggested price of 9.99EUR, does it? All details are still not revealed however, and I will most likely buy it anyhow.

But then again, you might just have every player participating online to mod muslims playable, thus all you're initially buying is GFX and events, right? That hardly seems worth the suggested price of 9.99EUR, does it? All details are still not revealed however, and I will most likely buy it anyhow.

They are moddable/playable now, it sounds like your thinking of muslim specific mechanics

If I select the DLC, will I be able to play as a Christian against these improved Muslims? Or will that be included in the Patch (the traits and multiple wives etc.), and only the playability and player events in the DLC?

It won't work like that.

you can mod things to play as the muslims, yes. But it will be a hollow experience compared to this future DLC.

You don't even need to mod the game. Marry muslim woman -> have her raise your heir -> when your heir inherits, you are playing muslim.

you can mod things to play as the muslims, yes. But it will be a hollow experience compared to this future DLC.

Sorry if i'm not clear before, but what i mean is
1. wait for the Muslim DLC to come out
2. wait for the new patch that bring new muslim ruler game play to be playable by AI or another player in MP
3. mod the game at that time.

based on this
Quote Originally Posted by Sn3ipen View Post
This is great! So if I chose not to buy the DLC, The the other online players or AI can play with all the new game mechanics as muslim rulers?

I am buying this no matter what, but I am just wondering about your new patching/DLC policy and multiplayer compatibility?
AI and other players can always use it..

AI and other player can already use it by that time, so the DLC/muslim game play or whatever it is, already in the computer, can modder just simply 'activate' it?

Case closed already, Johan said no. :p

@grisamentum
It raise new question, can we still do it after the new DLC come out? Enjoying the new DLC content (Muslim ruler mechanic) without paying for it.

Last edited:
You don't even need to mod the game. Marry muslim woman -> have her raise your heir -> when your heir inherits, you are playing muslim.

this way you ARE muslim, that's it. you don't PALY muslim as you have none specific mechanics/gameplay. And a lot of events are cut to you due to the fact they are christian specific.

To clarify. You won't be able to play as a muslim unless you have that DLC.

1) Usermods have to be changed to another format if they want playable muslims and not support the DLC.

2) You will not convert to a non-playable religion in 1.06 unless you got the DLC which allows it.

2) You will not convert to a non-playable religion in 1.06 unless you got the DLC which allows it.

I'm surprised - there's barely any info released yet about the Muslim DLC and already you're announcing further religion-themed DLCs. I'm guessing pagan.

1) Usermods have to be changed to another format if they want playable muslims and not support the DLC.

Although I will buy this DLC, I'm a little surprised (and disappointed) by this. I would have expected that the difference between buying or not the DLC would be mainly that the Muslims would be much more fleshed out (both for the player and the AI) only if you have the DLC.

That's what much of the discussion is about.. the patch includes all the stuff as far as I've understood, in order to get to play it, you'll have to buy the DLC.

Hmmm...
If you intend to totally disable the option of playing Muslims and pagans with the 1.06 patch, that might upset some parts of the community.

They are, by distributing alot of the new content via patches.

It means everyone gets Mali and the new combat system (Im sure Im not the one who noticed the 'winner' was taking high casualties in this video, something that never happens right now). Everyone's AI Muslims will behave and play by the rules of the new system too. All this ensures Paradox only has to work on a single 'code base'.

But you have to buy it if you want to try out the new Muslims yourself, and thats a big enough carrot to ensure everyone who would have, will buy it.

I'm just going to guess that the nice new graphics will be part of the DLC, or else its competing just with the ability to change one line of code.

Actually, I have a concern here: If P'dox is going to restrict our ability to play as other religions w/o the DLC, how will this affect mods that add in new religions? For example, the GoTs mod.

I'm just going to guess that the nice new graphics will be part of the DLC, or else its competing just with the ability to change one line of code.

Actually, I have a concern here: If P'dox is going to restrict our ability to play as other religions w/o the DLC, how will this affect mods that add in new religions? For example, the GoTs mod.

Sounded to me like he meant the restrictions would be coded somehow to specifically restrict Muslim and Pagan playability. Not something that would effect new religions created for a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.