Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword of Islam adds playable Muslim Rulers to Crusader Kings II

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Sword of Islam adds playable Muslim Rulers to Crusader Kings II

New Patch and DLC revealed

New York, May 30, 2012 – Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today reveal that players will soon be able to play as the Muslim rulers in upcoming DLC “Sword of Islam”.

The DLC will release at the same time as the next hefty patch which adds new features to the game, such as an expansion of the map into Mali-Songhay, differentiation on strong and weak claims, new plot, expanded combat and more.

Sword of Islam enables players to rule as the Muslim lords, delivering a wealth of specific new mechanics distinctive to these rulers, creating a whole new gameplay experience. Laws, marriage, holding, traits , titles and more will work completely differently.

Paradox Development Studio will post a detailed development diary each Friday where they’ll elaborate on the new features of the patch and the DLC in the official Crusader Kings II forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...sader-Kings-II

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam and patch 1.06 are scheduled to release in June 2012 for PC and Mac. Sword of Islam will be priced at $ 9.99.

View the Crusader Kings II: Sword of the Islam trailer here:

More about this game

Buy the game here: http://www.crusaderkings.com/buy
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Crusaderkings
    Web page: http://www.crusaderkings.com
    Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/Crusaderkings

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Oooh a muslim DLC! I gotta quick question though. Does the DLC include all of the things the video shows, such as new decsions/events, graphics etc. or does that come with the 1.06 patch and the DLC just makes Muslims playable? Either way Im buying this thing.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Creator and GM of the OT Forum Game
    Evil Genius: Mastermind

Regent-Custodian of the Light riknap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapscott View Post
    Oooh a muslim DLC! I gotta quick question though. Does the DLC include all of the things the video shows, such as new decsions/events, graphics etc. or does that come with the 1.06 patch and the DLC just makes Muslims playable? Either way Im buying this thing.
    the muslims have always been playable (recently) (and with text modifications in the configs).
    LUX INVICTA! Rebuild the Empire of Megas Alexandros! Restore Roman Glory! Banish the Dark Ages!
    >>[Subsidiary Modules] [Frequent Questions] [Gameplay Guide] [Changelogs] [LUX INVICTA AETERNA]<<

Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod, Fall of the Western Roman Empire and Rise of the Early Medieval Era. [beta state]
    LIBERT3 Primary Portal, for the Lux Invicta Buildings & Events, Retinues & Tactics, Traits & Technology Module. [INTEGRATED]
    Advanced Battles & Combat Depth Essentials. Planning portal for a comprehensive tactics overhaul project. [WIP - RESUMED]
    El Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line delta. A role-playing invasion modification. [WIP - EXP farming]

oOo can become a relgious head like caliphs , get election or have real or forge fact claim to be related Ali?

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

This is great! So if I chose not to buy the DLC, The the other online players or AI can play with all the new game mechanics as muslim rulers?

I am buying this no matter what, but I am just wondering about your new patching/DLC policy and multiplayer compatibility?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSengokuMount & Blade: Warband

I've no choice.

Oh! And how many wives can you have? If more than one; does your ruler's fertility cause more pregnancy among your wives?
    Nevermind.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Well, as I said in the other thread:

"Cheers, Paradox. Here's to hoping for a Pagan expansion and Dynamic Province Localization is patched in in due time (_culture/_religion variables also working for Holding/Province/Title names). "

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Nice teaser trailer.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

New plot: Get 4 wives. Gain prestige!

...and 10 sons assassinating each other

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    new plot: have all wives in the game. instawin!

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by grumphie View Post
    new plot: have all wives in the game. instawin!
    Maybe in a Mongol DLC?
    Curiouser and curiouser...

"still haven't choosen"

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Are the old saves compatible with this expansion?

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_E View Post
    Are the old saves compatible with this expansion?
    They shouldn't be. Considering new territory and heavy database update.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My heart almost skipped a beat. This looks awesome! I'm going to buy it the day it comes out!

My main concern with the current CKII is that combat, AFAIK, has no ramdom element, such as in EU3. This would make it to where you could practically foreknow the outcome of every battle. This was doubly dissappointing because I rather liked the new column combat mechanics. I think it has a huge amount of room for improvement. I cross my fingers though as to weather or not the 'improved combat mechanics' will add a good ol' fashioned dice roll. Because if they don't, the guy with the most levies is sure to win every time, unless they completely rework the combat mechanics...

I'll buy either way, though. I'm a slave to Paradox.
    "A man does not have himself killed for a half pence a day, or for a petty distinction. You must speak to the soul in order to electrify him."

~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Sn3ipen View Post
    This is great! So if I chose not to buy the DLC, The the other online players or AI can play with all the new game mechanics as muslim rulers?

I am buying this no matter what, but I am just wondering about your new patching/DLC policy and multiplayer compatibility?
    AI and other players can always use it..

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelsoldner View Post
    My main concern with the current CKII is that combat, AFAIK, has no ramdom element, such as in EU3. This would make it to where you could practically foreknow the outcome of every battle. This was doubly dissappointing because I rather liked the new column combat mechanics. I think it has a huge amount of room for improvement. I cross my fingers though as to weather or not the 'improved combat mechanics' will add a good ol' fashioned dice roll. Because if they don't, the guy with the most levies is sure to win every time, unless they completely rework the combat mechanics...
    The Tactics system is supposed to fill this role, how well it currently serves that purpose is another matter (which I'm not really qualified to comment on). However, there should be plenty of room for tweaking it if a more decisive random element is desired.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricEel View Post
    The Tactics system is supposed to fill this role, how well it currently serves that purpose is another matter (which I'm not really qualified to comment on). However, there should be plenty of room for tweaking it if a more decisive random element is desired.
    Yeah, it would be nice if the devs made combat a little more probability based. I understand that combat is secondary issue in this game, but the depth of the game would be greatly benefitted IMO if warfare and combat were more dynamic systems. I also think it would be cool if terrain in counties for defensive bonuses worked by percent chance, instead of simply one terrain type, similar to EU3. It would also be nice if when levies were raised it would take a short delay for them to get rounded up and equipped, while when they are retired it would take a long delay for them to return to their home county.

I'm not complaining, just offering my humble suggestions. I'm sure the minor blemishes of this great game will get worked out soon, as they always have.
    "A man does not have himself killed for a half pence a day, or for a petty distinction. You must speak to the soul in order to electrify him."

~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    AI and other players can always use it..
    If this is actually how it works, you guys are doing DLC right.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast