• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I know posts like this might be considered clutter, jamming up an already full forum, but I really cannot help myself, and feel very compelled to write:

Paradox,

Thank you for continuing to patch, improve, and make this game better as a whole. I have been playing video games as my primary source of entertainment for my entire life (no joke), and I believe Paradox is one of the few developers who actually follows through on their product. I have been impressed not only with CK2 1.0 release, but even more impressed with how the Paradox team has continued to smooth out the game, release new content (of which 75% is free), and maintained a presence on the forums keeping the players informed about decisions being made about how to take the game. In a time where consumers are growing more and more reluctant to spend, and companies grow more and more separated from their products and the people who consume them, I am happy to be a part of the CK2 community, and a consumer of Paradox Interactive media.

Thank you!

+1

As someone who can't help but think "but this is what they do", I appreciate the reminder how lucky we are.

Signed. This game is absolutely fantastic. Easily my favorite game at this moment in time. Love the character driven strategy, it feels personal and I always get a little sad when my monarch passes on, but the next generation is always waiting for me. A+ game, thank you for all the effort.

I feel compelled to add my thoughts to this thread.

Paradox are a truly great company. I say that with complete sincerity. I've long been a fan of Paradox's games, but I'm becoming just as much a fan of everything that comes along with them. Chiefly the post-release support, and dedication to improving on the release version. How many other developers see patches as an opportunity to respond to community requests for content and improve the game on such a fundamental level? Most firms just fix things that are broken. Paradox goes so much further, and it would be amiss of me not to say a big thank you for such treatment.

CKII represents the most polished and stable release-day product yet from Paradox, and I'm hugely impressed. So many games these days are forced out too early, and in incomplete forms, with developers relying upon hotfixes and patches to fix bugs that should never have been in the release candidate in the first place. Paradox has taken the right approach by using patches and hotfixes as a means of improving the product. This should always have been the way customers were treated. In today's money-grubbing world Paradox are a breath of fresh air.

In recent years I've gradually become more and more cynical, and unwilling to fork out money on video games as a result of what I see as profiteering methods of boosting revenue (by the larger development houses in particular), all the while treating customers with less and less respect. But with Paradox it's different. I want to spend money on DLC because I know that Paradox puts a huge amount of thought and effort into things. They are open, honest, and actively listen and engage with their customer base on these forums, and clearly make both business and development decisions based on the gamer/customer's point of view. These forums are the best I've come across and I'm convinced that the friendly and welcoming atmosphere here is a direct byproduct of Paradox's engagement.

PARADOX, YOU'VE GOT THE BALANCE RIGHT. Long may it continue. Keep up the good work guys.

Adding
<- this new fan's
voice to the OP. I am having a blast playing CK2 for accumulated number of hours that should not be spoken out loud. Really glad Paradox made it, and continues to release content. Plus, technical support is great and prompt.

I don't post often. I am hyper critical of everything in life. Paradox caters to their fan base, and they do it uncompromisingly so. They are consistently proving themselves to be a company that goes above and beyond for quality games. I completely agree with this thread. I don't agree with everything Paradox publishes, but I agree, almost unanimously, with everything paradox develops.

Last edited:
Companies like Paradox restore my faith in humanity. Thanks.

agreed, this company has got a shipon on my wallet, its the only games i will preorder at the moment, otherwise i wait for reviews

I'm really glad to join in in the thank you. Usually I respond to threads like this with "Yeah, they already got my euros as a thank you", but not in this case. CKII has already been very much worth the money I paid for it. I've been playing it for half a year; Steam says I have 79 playing hours. I've been playing ONE game, ONE family for all this time, since the beginning, and I'm in the 1360's right now and still have a hundred years to go (hopefully). Talk about value for those hard-earned Euros. Thank you, Paradox, for the best strategy title in a long time.

This company and its games sucks.

Just kidding.
Most trustworthy and fan devout gaming company I've encountered yet. CK II shows the amount of feedback they've "usurped" over the years, and how determined they are to earn our admiration. I have a whole deal of opinions about their DLC policy, but seriously, the game, as it was purchased from day one, up to the many features they added in patches, shows their merit as a company that really aspires to keep rewarding their day 1 customers.

Keep up the good job, and I'll keep give you my money. :)

Thank you Paradox for some truly great games.

And thank you for gathering this community here. I often spend more time reading the forums and AARs than I do playing your games these days. :)

agreed, this company has got a shipon on my wallet, its the only games i will preorder at the moment, otherwise i wait for reviews

Quoted for truth, Paradox still make games for the love of gaming, when so many other companies it's just something to cash in on, and it shows big time.