+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank You Paradox

Crusader Kings II

Thank You Paradox

So I know posts like this might be considered clutter, jamming up an already full forum, but I really cannot help myself, and feel very compelled to write:

Paradox,

Thank you for continuing to patch, improve, and make this game better as a whole. I have been playing video games as my primary source of entertainment for my entire life (no joke), and I believe Paradox is one of the few developers who actually follows through on their product. I have been impressed not only with CK2 1.0 release, but even more impressed with how the Paradox team has continued to smooth out the game, release new content (of which 75% is free), and maintained a presence on the forums keeping the players informed about decisions being made about how to take the game. In a time where consumers are growing more and more reluctant to spend, and companies grow more and more separated from their products and the people who consume them, I am happy to be a part of the CK2 community, and a consumer of Paradox Interactive media.

Thank you!

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    I can't restrain myself from confirming and approving.

Thank you Paradox.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Signed!
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

I'm about as far away from fanboy as one could imagine (grumpy old sod comes nearer to the truth), but I do have to say that the amount of satisfaction and sheer pleasure I have got from CKII is immense. Great work!

You all truely made an amazing game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Aye, I approve of this game and company
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Did somebody apply for the beta ??

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Signed
    Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Judaist
    Ideology: Anarcho-Liberal
    Issues: Laissez-faire/Full Citizenship/Pacifism/Pluralism
    Current Work: Fighting for freedom
    Militancy: 5 (+ 0.2)
    Consciousness: 9 (+ 0.2)

אֶרֶץ יִשְׂרָאֵל- The mod about Israel

HoI AnthologyDeus VultDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I, Hootieleece approve this message.

paid for by the elect "Hootieleece" Paradox True Fan 2012 commitee.Jane Doe Treasurer

What the OP mentioned has amazed me too. I am extremely pleased with this product and PI's Product philosophy. It honestly reminds me of when GalCivII got released and Stardock worked on that game tirelessly, Keep up the good work!

Seconded, wholeheartedly. CKII is amazing, and the folks at Paradox have every reason to be incredibly proud of what they've already accomplished with this game. That we're going to get more official content for months to come is just icing on the cake.

As soon as I have the cash on hand to purchase them, I plan on losing many, many more hours of my life to EU3, V2, HOI3, and MM. You guys deserve every cent/öre.
    Lengi lifi Ísland! - An Iceland Mini-Mod
    In progress: Abyssinia Rising (Abyssinia buff + culture mod)
    The CKII Modding IRC Channel

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Agreed. Paradox Interactive has introduced a unique business-consumer ethic in ways that none has ever done afaik. It is no question that the way their games are engineered is the main catalyst.
    Last edited by jonlucero; 31-05-2012 at 05:24.
    /MCMLXXXIX

I was almost inspired to post something like this myself. This has quickly become one of my all time favorite games. Paradox has done an amazing job and continues to respect and reward its fan base in a way that sadly no other company seems to be doing these days, since we are in the era of big companies like EA, and horrible DRM schemes. I have vowed myself already to purchase all DLC, and continue to support Paradox and CK2 because I honestly think it is the best game they have. Simply addicting in a way so few games can be.

Thank you Paradox.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

+1

I was going to post something like this as well, but usually it's frowned upon for some reason. Cheers Paradox!

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yup, all good with this game. Thanks for making a game that is a total breath of fresh, clean air for the strategy market. Kudos to you.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionKing Arthur IIMagicka
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

First time Paradox gamer here, and I have to wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I literally lost DAYS to CK2, no joke. The amount of effort you guys put into this game is amazing, and I've been recommending it to all my history buff friends. Looking forward to future updates!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm717 View Post
    First time Paradox gamer here, and I have to wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I literally lost DAYS to CK2, no joke. The amount of effort you guys put into this game is amazing, and I've been recommending it to all my history buff friends. Looking forward to future updates!
    Same with me, anytime I get into a history/strategy game conversation, I ALWAYS bring up Paradox games, especially CK2. Great game Paradox, hope you are successful in the future.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Thank you guys.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Paradox reminds me of Bioware before they started hating their customers... of course with strategy games instead of rpgs but more rpg in the strategy genre is never a bad thing. But yes not many developers actually give a damn once they have your money. It's refreshing to be honest.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Thank you guys.
    Question: Since when did you stop being "Johan Andersson - wizard"?

Also, I'm happy that the karma-DRM scheme is working out for you. May you live long and be happy.
    Are medals that important to you? - Jayavarman
    Nationality: World Citizen, Religion: -, Ideology: Anarcho-Syndicalist, Issues: Full Citizenship / Pacifism, Current Work: Student, Militancy: 8 (+ 0.74), Consciousness: 10 (+0.53), Revolt Risk: 15%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast