+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.06 Information & First Expansion

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looking at the screenshot again, I'm going to guess that the grapes have something to do with your dynasty. On the Caliph's character page, notice how the grapes are connected to the dynasty shield. Maybe it's the percentage of your dynasty that is of child bearing age? (Grapes = fruitfull) Or maybe something connected to dynasty prestige?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Samuel View Post
    But Sword of Islam is no DLC. It's an expansion.
    Thats semantics, pure and simple. No matter how you call it, its paid-for extra content, and more importantly, it still falls under modular DLC policy, so how its called for PR purposes is entirely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Its as big an expansion as Deus Vult or Revolutions was in terms of content, so I wanted to use the word "expansion".. even though of everything from a spritepack to an expansion like Heir to the Throne is technically an DLC.
    Theoretically is a patch also DLC.

Edit: But I think you shouldn't use it for it. I think everyone knows what what is or what the majority thinks what a "DLC", a "patch" or an "expansion" is. I think the word choice should be taken more carefully.

I personally would call this a big DLC and not an expansion. But that could change if I know more infos about it.

It's the same thing, it's not really black and white, in this day an age expansion content is alot different then even 2 or more years ago, I think Johan described it as a expansion because it'll be gameplay content heavy, yet it will still function in the same way as a DLC, as a optional module, and it's price also seems to be more akin to a DLC then a expansion, anyway the point i'm trying to make is, that "Expansion" these days is simply aword attached to a rather comprehensive DLC.

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Digger View Post
    Theoretically is a patch also DLC.
    Yeah.. I started calling them free dlc , but it didnt sound good.

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Jak9090 View Post
    It's the same thing, it's not really black and white, in this day an age expansion content is alot different then even 2 or more years ago, I think Johan described it as a expansion because it'll be gameplay content heavy, yet it will still function in the same way as a DLC, as a optional module, and it's price also seems to be more akin to a DLC then a expansion, anyway the point i'm trying to make is, that "Expansion" these days is simply aword attached to a rather comprehensive DLC.
    Yes!

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Spam deleted. Stay on topic.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

So can you clarify how this works? Let's say I download patch 1.06 (as most people of course will) -- does that patch contain everything included in optional Sword of Islam DLC, but with the obvious exception that Muslims won't be playable? So the content is there for the AI, etc.

So far people with or without DLC can play multi-player games together because the checksum is the same regardless. Will this still be the case? It's probably a stupid question but I'm just a little confused.

Otherwise I don't understand how it works because presumably it will mean the game plays very differently between versions.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    So can you clarify how this works? Let's say I download patch 1.06 (as most people of course will) -- does that patch contain everything included in optional Sword of Islam DLC, but with the obvious exception that Muslims won't be playable? So the content is there for the AI, etc.
    im pretty sure thats how it works
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    im pretty sure thats how it works
    This is my assumption (and hope), but obviously in conventional expansions you either buy them and have the new content or you choose not to and you don't -- but this means multiple versions of the same game and I think Paradox wish to avoid this. I could be wrong of course.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    This is my assumption (and hope), but obviously in conventional expansions you either buy them and have the new content or you choose not to and you don't -- but this means multiple versions of the same game and I think Paradox wish to avoid this. I could be wrong of course.
    We've developed a new system to handle modular expansions so that you can buy the small packages that you want when they're released, and it will all be using the same executable, so whichever expansions you own your game will see continued support. There will be no problems with this in multiplayer, and if you have bought one expansion and your friend has bought another, you can still play together. You will have access to the features you bought and your friend the features he bought. Alternatively, if you'd prefer you'll be able to toggle any expansions "off" before the game starts.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...velopment-Team
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Awesome! Just as I thought. Thanks a lot.

There really ought to be a link to that in the Patching / FAQ sticky thread. I looked there when 1.06 was first announced but couldn't find the details posted above.

Very much a case of "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" when ever paradox releases anything. Looking forward to this!

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderAncient Space

Hmmm.

I'm disappointed, because I was hoping for something HOI3 or EU3, or better still something new altogether.
    But I'm also pleased, because I like CK2 and look forward to new features and challenges in it.
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I think the game need a few more expansions to be playable as EU3 Chronicles. It's great that map expands to the Western Africa (Mali), but I think that Byzantine Empire, the mightiest country in this period is slightly ignored. I'm curious about new battle features.

Regent-Custodian of the Light riknap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scanian_Warrior View Post
    Im also very curious about this. As someone who never plays as a muslim or has any interest in it, whats in this expansion for me?
    if the guess is correct, it's likely that everything necessary for the Sword of Islam "DLC" to run will be present in the free base patch
    the "DLC" itself contains events/mechanisms specifically for players who will play as a muslim.
    in other words, it's a special set of eyewear for a muslim-state player in an MP situation. a christian-feudal state won't see what's happening with that eyewear, but the prerequisite functions our analogical eyewear affects is already there, ergo making playing a muslim-state a unique experience while not leaving out the christian-feudal-state out of anything (e.g. if the eyewear summons dragons, the chrisitian-player will see the dragons, but won't be able to summon/control them himself... but that analogies going out of hand)
    LUX INVICTA! Rebuild the Empire of Megas Alexandros! Restore Roman Glory! Banish the Dark Ages!
    >>[Subsidiary Modules] [Frequent Questions] [Gameplay Guide] [Changelogs] [LUX INVICTA AETERNA]<<

Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod, Fall of the Western Roman Empire and Rise of the Early Medieval Era. [beta state]
    LIBERT3 Primary Portal, for the Lux Invicta Buildings & Events, Retinues & Tactics, Traits & Technology Module. [INTEGRATED]
    Advanced Battles & Combat Depth Essentials. Planning portal for a comprehensive tactics overhaul project. [WIP - RESUMED]
    El Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line delta. A role-playing invasion modification. [WIP - EXP farming]

Darkest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

I hope now they'll break up de-jure Byzantium kingdom into 3 seperate kingdoms at least. Or it will be very quick muslim power-up after Jihad.

Awesome to see this new expansion, but I'm not sure I like Paradoxes new policy on expansions (especially the part about if you pre-order or buy on day one, you'll get bonuses - I've always hated bonuses for people who came first, and I've seen many gaming communities (of various types, not just video game communities) disintegrate when this type of thing developed; because the older, first-in players always had cooler stuff than people who entered the scene earlier. And I’m sure most people know that envy and pride are both great at destroying stuff). Oh well.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Lead and GoldMagickaRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    Awesome to see this new expansion, but I'm not sure I like Paradoxes new policy on expansions (especially the part about if you pre-order or buy on day one, you'll get bonuses - I've always hated bonuses for people who came first, and I've seen many gaming communities (of various types, not just video game communities) disintegrate when this type of thing developed; because the older, first-in players always had cooler stuff than people who entered the scene earlier. And I’m sure most people know that envy and pride are both great at destroying stuff). Oh well.
    couldn't agree more, it's like "hey, you only bought the game on the second release day, that's why we are punishing you!", this does not only divide the community but also encourages piracy, why should i buy a dlc when i can't get the same features like people who bought it on day 1, isn't it better to me then to pay nothing and just pirate it?

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Hope we'll be able to play pagans and other religions in the future too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast