• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This look truly epic. Any clarification on the whole weak/strong claims?

Still see the gulf of oman, gulf of aden and red sea are not sea routes (Arabian sea) which is crap. Dont see why these have been isolated as they were huge trade routes in the time. In the 1066 start probably the 2nd suez canal still existed though how navigable it was then is probably debatable.

Still, we will see how they fair against the ilkhanate east of Egypt.

Will old saved games be compatible with the patch and/or expansion? I don't want to stop playing CK2 but would hate it if I can't continue my current game.
I very much doubt it as the DLC will add a lot more stuff to both the database and .exe, including (I imagine) more stuff to be stored in save files by default.

1. i think wives will ahve their stats no longer 50% added to their spouse. otherwise making epic diplo rulers would get a tad easy. am i right(or in the right direction)?

Why you suspect that. Even if muslims can marry more than one woman the same time there most likely will be only one main wife and her stats are those that are added. Not to mention that there most likely will be events that determine who is the main wife is and it might be better that the player would have no control over it.

Any chance you could provide us modders with any_living_character and random_living_character scopes? Seriously, we've had to try some pretty ridiculous workarounds just to say "Trigger an event for all commanders on the enemy side in a battle". It would be so much easier (and way less performance intensive) if we could just search all living characters and filter out the ones we aren't looking for with limit = { }.

Also, rivals and friendships don't work. At all. I mean it. num_of_rivals and num_of_friends will always return 0, no matter what. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that to you yet.