• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And again no word about achievements? How much expansions do you plan to release before you add what you promised from the beginning?
I bought this game only because of achievements! Do i have to ask for refunds? >:-(

Why would you buy a game just for achievements??? I always thought a person would buy a game because they're legitimately interested in it and want to play it. Achievements are just extra nonsesense that have zero meaning anyway.

Has there been any word on when Republics will be playable? I am hoping I just missed a hint or a vague promise that they will, at some point, find their way on to the agenda.

I don't know. Rome2? :)

I think they will get more features, but not be playable. The game is about dynasty, so it would take a lot of work to do republics well, but I don't doubt that it would be a whole new dimension to gameplay.

Wow another DLC discussion? How predictable and boring. 12 pages of entitled whining in the space of a day.
Please, for the love of everything holy, stop using the word entitled. You haven't used it right. NO one who has used it when it comes to gamers has used it right. period. So stop using it.

I don't know. Rome2? :)

I think they will get more features, but not be playable. The game is about dynasty, so it would take a lot of work to do republics well, but I don't doubt that it would be a whole new dimension to gameplay.

Good point, if theres ever a Rome 2 then itll have mechanics thatd be easy to DLC into CK2 to make CK2 even better, like how EU3 and V2 got better from ideas from games afrer them being made

Please, for the love of everything holy, stop using the word entitled. You haven't used it right. NO one who has used it when it comes to gamers has used it right. period. So stop using it.

Welcome to Buzzwords 101. It's the "in" word for insulting Gamers you disagree with right now without actually making a case. I wouldn't get your hopes up on steering the internet back to correct usage any time soon. Especially since it's not very meaningful in the first place (IE replacing it in a sentence generally adds clarity).

Edit: And before anyone misreads this I'm obviously not on the side of people complaining about the price or whatever. It's obviously not objectionable. But the use of "entitled" is ridiculous.

Last edited:
And again no word about achievements? How much expansions do you plan to release before you add what you promised from the beginning?
I bought this game only because of achievements! Do i have to ask for refunds? >:-(

I don't get this whole achievements things, since when couldn't humans set their own goals lol?, what kind of satisfaction does one get from being told they've "Achieved" something by the game...why not simply write out your own list of achievements?

also, why do people whine about things that have nothing to do with the game such as "Why no play jew?!!" "Omg i only got this game to play republic of venice!!" it's called Crusader kings...if you got the game for these features you should of researched the game in more detail..I for one, am juist over the moon we get a fully fledged muslim DLC, one that fleshes out approximately one half to a third of the game world.

Last edited:
Johan, Paradox Studio Manager, declared in the Reddit AMA that achievements would not be available for Steam for CK2. Paradox Connect seems to have been left in the dustbin, for that matter. For a confirmation, I would ask on "Ask Paradox (Almost) Anything."

Has there been any word on when Republics will be playable? I am hoping I just missed a hint or a vague promise that they will, at some point, find their way on to the agenda.
Republics involves better trade mechanics and we don't have it right now! One day I would LOVE to have that option too. For now I'm happy dreaming about my Muslim character from Mali conquering France!

Why would you buy a game just for achievements??? I always thought a person would buy a game because they're legitimately interested in it and want to play it. Achievements are just extra nonsesense that have zero meaning anyway.
There are shady ways to play games without buying them, but you have to buy if you want to be able to show off your "achievements" publicly on steam...
I don't really understand what's so cool about achievements either, but including them is apparently a method to convert some pirates to paying customers.

Please, please, please... no achievements... Too many games have them already :-(

Something else: Any chance for a bundle price of any of the retailers? (CKII + both DLCs)

They're fine for silly little stuff which is actually hard to do and often counter-productive to the game goal. Stuff like "Get 10 wives on a single character (without murdering any of them)" or "Four queens ruling in a row". Achievements like "Started the game" or "Survived the first year"? Not so much.

Looking at the screenshot of al-Mustansir I's profile, the second trait icon from the left looks like a common calligraphic form of the name Muhammed. My guess is that it signifies that the character is a direct lineal descendant of the Prophet, which is made more likely by the fact that the Fatimids indeed were that.

And please, for the love of God, stop presuming that in the case of polygamous characters, one wife will be "main wife". There never ever existed any such concept anywhere in the Islamic world; on the contrary, there's pretty universal agreement among Islamic scholars and jurists that all co-wives are equal in standing, and that a polygamous man is required to act accordingly. That doesn't, of course, prevent a man from showing favouritism, but grant an official position? Wouldn't fly.

I suppose that, for the purpose of determining bonuses to ruler stats, only one wife would count, selected in whatever way (probably either first or most competent), but please devs, no "main wife" nonsense.