+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.06 Information & First Expansion

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Agnus681 View Post
    And again no word about achievements? How much expansions do you plan to release before you add what you promised from the beginning?
    I bought this game only because of achievements! Do i have to ask for refunds? >:-(
    you wont get one....
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

Has there been any word on when Republics will be playable? I am hoping I just missed a hint or a vague promise that they will, at some point, find their way on to the agenda.

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

And again no word about achievements? How much expansions do you plan to release before you add what you promised from the beginning?
    I bought this game only because of achievements! Do i have to ask for refunds? >:-(
    Why would you buy a game just for achievements??? I always thought a person would buy a game because they're legitimately interested in it and want to play it. Achievements are just extra nonsesense that have zero meaning anyway.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by LordStark View Post
    Has there been any word on when Republics will be playable? I am hoping I just missed a hint or a vague promise that they will, at some point, find their way on to the agenda.
    I don't know. Rome2?

I think they will get more features, but not be playable. The game is about dynasty, so it would take a lot of work to do republics well, but I don't doubt that it would be a whole new dimension to gameplay.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by spinoza013 View Post
    Wow another DLC discussion? How predictable and boring. 12 pages of entitled whining in the space of a day.
    Please, for the love of everything holy, stop using the word entitled. You haven't used it right. NO one who has used it when it comes to gamers has used it right. period. So stop using it.
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Genoa- Done.................for now
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by RedRooster81 View Post
    I don't know. Rome2?

I think they will get more features, but not be playable. The game is about dynasty, so it would take a lot of work to do republics well, but I don't doubt that it would be a whole new dimension to gameplay.
    Good point, if theres ever a Rome 2 then itll have mechanics thatd be easy to DLC into CK2 to make CK2 even better, like how EU3 and V2 got better from ideas from games afrer them being made
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by lordreaven448 View Post
    Please, for the love of everything holy, stop using the word entitled. You haven't used it right. NO one who has used it when it comes to gamers has used it right. period. So stop using it.
    Welcome to Buzzwords 101. It's the "in" word for insulting Gamers you disagree with right now without actually making a case. I wouldn't get your hopes up on steering the internet back to correct usage any time soon. Especially since it's not very meaningful in the first place (IE replacing it in a sentence generally adds clarity).

Edit: And before anyone misreads this I'm obviously not on the side of people complaining about the price or whatever. It's obviously not objectionable. But the use of "entitled" is ridiculous.

Paradox, I had never heard of you guys 4 months ago. Now I want to buy all of your games XD Keep up the good work!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis

NICE! Thanks, guys!
    //Hallsten

UPCOMING!Hallsten's EUrofi3r, CK to EU3 savefile converter
    Hallsten's Unified HOI2/DD/ARMA Generator Utility
    NEW: Hallsten's Unified HOI3 Generator Utility
    HOI2 sleep-event for Germany's Old Guard

I don't get this whole achievements things, since when couldn't humans set their own goals lol?, what kind of satisfaction does one get from being told they've "Achieved" something by the game...why not simply write out your own list of achievements?

also, why do people whine about things that have nothing to do with the game such as "Why no play jew?!!" "Omg i only got this game to play republic of venice!!" it's called Crusader kings...if you got the game for these features you should of researched the game in more detail..I for one, am juist over the moon we get a fully fledged muslim DLC, one that fleshes out approximately one half to a third of the game world.
    Last edited by Jak9090; 31-05-2012 at 08:18.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Johan, Paradox Studio Manager, declared in the Reddit AMA that achievements would not be available for Steam for CK2. Paradox Connect seems to have been left in the dustbin, for that matter. For a confirmation, I would ask on "Ask Paradox (Almost) Anything."

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    And again no word about achievements?
    Where did we promise achievements?

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Quote Originally Posted by LordStark View Post
    Republics involves better trade mechanics and we don't have it right now! One day I would LOVE to have that option too. For now I'm happy dreaming about my Muslim character from Mali conquering France!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Please, please, please... no achievements... Too many games have them already :-(

Something else: Any chance for a bundle price of any of the retailers? (CKII + both DLCs)

Quote Originally Posted by tnick0225 View Post
    Why would you buy a game just for achievements??? I always thought a person would buy a game because they're legitimately interested in it and want to play it. Achievements are just extra nonsesense that have zero meaning anyway.
    There are shady ways to play games without buying them, but you have to buy if you want to be able to show off your "achievements" publicly on steam...
    I don't really understand what's so cool about achievements either, but including them is apparently a method to convert some pirates to paying customers.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Please, please, please... no achievements... Too many games have them already :-(

Something else: Any chance for a bundle price of any of the retailers? (CKII + both DLCs)
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14254/

like this?
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post

They're fine for silly little stuff which is actually hard to do and often counter-productive to the game goal. Stuff like "Get 10 wives on a single character (without murdering any of them)" or "Four queens ruling in a row". Achievements like "Started the game" or "Survived the first year"? Not so much.

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Maybe with the file Crusader Kings II/Achievements/Achievements.txt?
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Looking at the screenshot of al-Mustansir I's profile, the second trait icon from the left looks like a common calligraphic form of the name Muhammed. My guess is that it signifies that the character is a direct lineal descendant of the Prophet, which is made more likely by the fact that the Fatimids indeed were that.

And please, for the love of God, stop presuming that in the case of polygamous characters, one wife will be "main wife". There never ever existed any such concept anywhere in the Islamic world; on the contrary, there's pretty universal agreement among Islamic scholars and jurists that all co-wives are equal in standing, and that a polygamous man is required to act accordingly. That doesn't, of course, prevent a man from showing favouritism, but grant an official position? Wouldn't fly.

I suppose that, for the purpose of determining bonuses to ruler stats, only one wife would count, selected in whatever way (probably either first or most competent), but please devs, no "main wife" nonsense.
    So.. digital distribution equals communism?
    I disagree SO MUCH that I have to close this thread now.
    -Kallocain

Victoria 2 Realism & Rebalance Project 2010-2014, Requiescat in Pace

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Also, any idea on what the grapes next to the 25% number might signify? My guess (and hope!) would be an estimate of fertility.
    So.. digital distribution equals communism?
    I disagree SO MUCH that I have to close this thread now.
    -Kallocain

Victoria 2 Realism & Rebalance Project 2010-2014, Requiescat in Pace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast