Thread: Salem - getting boring

Salem - getting boring

Hi all. At the beginning I would like to clarify that Salem is a good game and I am aware that this is only a beta version.

My village has already achieved almost everything. I guess that other larger villages the same.

Playing two weeks with no update, it gets boring.

I know that the development team has a lot of things on his head, but I once a week can make a small item - for exaple sled - it was a nice surprise.

Dear, kind, best, great Development Team
    Please add something, and this week: P

Sergeant

As a Beta is not aim for fun, regarless is your own fault if you don't have fun.
    Well, <fun> is a relative to one owns perception. I'm guessing you are a peacefull non-hunting group of pilgrims, otherwise knowing what lives in a 2 hours radio from you or even planning a raid to random pilgrims that live on the opposite side of your village can be fun projects.
    Heck, you can even give us your town location and you can bet you will have fun in 2, 3 days time

"I'm guessing you are a peacefull non-hunting group of pilgrims"

You're wrong. We cleaned all villages in 1 hour radius way.

"Heck, you can even give us your town location and you can bet you will have fun in 2, 3 days time"

Are you threatening me? Give your location I will come to dinner
    Last edited by Mauser89; 29-05-2012 at 11:58.

You two should make each-other "kins" and teamup while you both are in your own village.....
    Lets see who wipes out who first

That said,
    Beta-testing is not meant for actual gameplay, but to find bugs and report them....
    If the game is booring you at present then either you are not fit as a beta tester or you should just take a break and wait for patches...

Sergeant

Hahah, I'll pass on the offer. You can never know when if you invited a normal pilgrim or a vampire

Btw, if you are waiting for new patches why not prepared for them?. Knowing witchcrafting is around the corner, woudn't hurt you to know where you can find cursing material

Quote Originally Posted by DashNair View Post
    Hahah, I'll pass on the offer. You can never know when if you invited a normal pilgrim or a vampire

Btw, if you are waiting for new patches why not prepared for them?. Knowing witchcrafting is around the corner, woudn't hurt you to know where you can find cursing material
    If you need cursing material, just mine any of the other major game forums.

This is a game that doesn't lead you to your "fun", but rather gives you a framework to find your own fun. Remember back in the day when your sandbox was literally a box of sand and a few toys and you never ran out of things to do in it.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Thorke View Post
    If you need cursing material, just mine any of the other major game forums.

This is a game that doesn't lead you to your "fun", but rather gives you a framework to find your own fun. Remember back in the day when your sandbox was literally a box of sand and a few toys and you never ran out of things to do in it.
    I'm afraid that I didn't explaim myself well enough or you just missed my hint regarding Witchcrafting (you need to "curse" pilgrims so you can gain "magic energy").

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Thorke was making a joke (haha!!)

The Halloween witchcraft demonstration only showed that the potential witch needs to do things like curse the tools (and maybe livestock, etc) of another village in order to gain the Numen (magic points) needed to do things like fly on brooms. Beyond that, can anyone really say what all will be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser89 View Post
    Playing two weeks with no update, it gets boring.
    +1, give us updaaate, waaaaaaaahhh! :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Thorke View Post
    Remember back in the day when your sandbox was literally a box of sand and a few toys and you never ran out of things to do in it.
    We ran out of things to do in it.

Game Development: Back to the Grind

THANK YOU!

Second Lieutenant
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband

The only ones not having fun atm are carebears.

On the PK side there is still tons of pvp and raiding of villages to annihilate.
    And that's not including hermitages.

I'm betting there's shit to do even as a carebear in this game, yall are just too carebearised from playing wow and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Macyo View Post
    The only ones not having fun atm are carebears.

On the PK side there is still tons of pvp and raiding of villages to annihilate.
    And that's not including hermitages.

I'm betting there's shit to do even as a carebear in this game, yall are just too carebearised from playing wow and shit.
    How long has it been since your last imprisonment in real life?
    Please stop insulting people by calling them carebears, read the forum rules it clearly forbids insulting....

Purity system is in progress atm, so you should wait for it if you want to choose a "farmer" way.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TriMoon View Post
    How long has it been since your last imprisonment in real life?
    Please stop insulting people by calling them carebears, read the forum rules it clearly forbids insulting....
    I'm playing outta death row atm lol
    And calling someone a carebear isn't an insult really, it's just a gamer personality.. just like being a PK is : )

Quote Originally Posted by Macyo View Post
    I'm playing outta death row atm lol
    And calling someone a carebear isn't an insult really, it's just a gamer personality.. just like being a PK is : )
    You need to relearn what "carebear" means and how it is used then. It is used as a derogatory term to describe people who avoid all forms of PvP activity. The term comes from colorful warmhearted bears which were partially well-known through an animated children's show in the 80's.

Unfortunely there is no good term to describe those who like "fair" PvP.

Don't mind Macyo, he's got a mild case of Tourette's with the word "carebear".

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by naosnule View Post
    You need to relearn what "carebear" means and how it is used then. It is used as a derogatory term to describe people who avoid all forms of PvP activity. The term comes from colorful warmhearted bears which were partially well-known through an animated children's show in the 80's.

Unfortunely there is no good term to describe those who like "fair" PvP.
    Nah ur wrong.
    It's like ur saying an orange is a food... and I'm saying it's a fruit.

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thread closed. Please don't derail the original topic.
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules