+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what to edit

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations

what to edit

What file do I edit to get the craftsmen and clerks to move to factories that need people?

Is there a way to limit the number of craftsmen who work in a factory (leave some room for clerks)?

Master of Orion
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    You can close factories you want workers to leave. You can set priorities for factories you want them to move to first clicking on the three bars under inputs.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

I didn't want to close the factories. I face two problems: 1) a factory fills up with craftsmen, so there's no room for clerks, and 2) I have factories which need workers, but the unemployed workers nearby don't move there.

There are two slots in a factory. I believe it's 10000 craftsmen and 2000 clerks. So craftsmen can't "fill up" the clerk spots.

Master of Orion

Blog Entries
    They can. But clerks should be hired first, when factory is closed and reopened.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Wierd way to get things done--but I still have the prob with unemployed clerks just hanging around--what do I edit to get them to move?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooned View Post
    There are two slots in a factory. I believe it's 10000 craftsmen and 2000 clerks. So craftsmen can't "fill up" the clerk spots.
    I didn't know that. I only saw the 10k openings--in other factories it was x amount of clerks, y amount of craftsmen.

Master of Orion

Blog Entries
    I just wrote you what to do.

Maybe I should be asking this on the mod forum. But, on one of them they noted that they could edit a file to get the pops to move around. I'd rather do it that way.

+ Reply to Thread