• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MassMurderer

Corporal
18 Badges
Aug 24, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Really ? i accept that its something that you're born with, or whatever the science is saying these days, but really ? shouldnt those traits develop for example after age 5-6 when the crown prince finds that he prefers to dress like a princess, not the moment they are born, i mean its handy in the sense that i can just chop off their heads right away, but still.....

From a gaming perspective, it doesn't make much difference if the character is born with it or gains the trait when they're 5-6 as the child isn't really "playable" as such until 16.

From a personal perspective, your post could be taken as being very offensive, so don't be suprised if your topic gets closed at some point.

I don't see why chopping your homosexual son's head off, as despicable as it is, would be forbidden to be mentioned when many players repeatedly kill their wives as soon as they are no longer fertile, kill their sons if they prefer other sons to inherit, assassinate close relatives to inherit their lands, manipulate the temporal power of the Church of God for selfish ends, etc, etc.

I don't see why chopping your homosexual son's head off, as despicable as it is, would be forbidden to be mentioned when many players repeatedly kill their wives as soon as they are no longer fertile, kill their sons if they prefer other sons to inherit, assassinate close relatives to inherit their lands, manipulate the temporal power of the Church of God for selfish ends, etc, etc.

Now thats true.

its something that you're born with, or whatever the science is saying these days

the crown prince finds that he prefers to dress like a princess

It just seems like you post is coming from a slightly ill-informed point of view

its handy in the sense that i can just chop off their heads right away

That just seems like a fairly insensitive way to word things. Obviously, you meant it as an in-game way, but it could be taken the wrong way.

Anyway, I won't say any more on the matter.

This is offensive, only a few gay men are oike that. You're thinking of transgenders.

A few? You're just as misinformed...

There is no other difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual apart from the fact that the homosexual prefer the same sex.
And it wouldn't make you an transgender if you wanted to dress in clothes you're "not suppose" to wear. That's just being a transvestite.

It just seems like you post is coming from a slightly ill-informed point of view

That just seems like a fairly insensitive way to word things. Obviously, you meant it as an in-game way, but it could be taken the wrong way.

Anyway, I won't say any more on the matter.

No, the OP is not comming from ill-informed point of view for it is really impossible to spot homosexualism any earlier. It is possible to miss it in 5-6, because not all homosexuals are crossdressers/transvestites, but it is not possible to tag a three years old toddler a sodomite. sometimes it cannot be uncovered even for decades. That is why newborn sodomite is silly.

And it matters in-game as children ARE playable. you can give him a fief and play as him. you can die and play as him. whatever.

And no, it is not wrong to chop sodomites head in-game, because the game is about medieval europe. and catholic church had much more elaborate ways to deal with sodomy then noble death by beheading.

Stop taking things wrong way. if you can read the post as non-offensive - then read it this way and stop correcting people. Homosexual IS a negative trait in this game and in this (medieval europe) setting.

From a gaming perspective, it doesn't make much difference if the character is born with it or gains the trait when they're 5-6 as the child isn't really "playable" as such until 16.

From a personal perspective, your post could be taken as being very offensive, so don't be suprised if your topic gets closed at some point.

Only professional offense-takers would find that offensive.

Don't worry about the Homosexual trait.It gives a malus for vassals and lowers church opinion and also -% to fertility.I have had a few Homosexual Characters and even had a Homosexual wife for one of them.They had kids so it was no real problem.(I think they see it as their "duty" to their dynasty and nation to have children)If the stats and virtues are good just play it.In this game Homosexuality isn't the end of the world.

This thread shouldn't become a debate into what homosexuality is and how it comes about.

I think that the homosexual trait should be given at 16 or over.

Don't worry about the Homosexual trait.It gives a malus for vassals and lowers church opinion and also -% to fertility.I have had a few Homosexual Characters and even had a Homosexual wife for one of them.They had kids so it was no real problem.(I think they see it as their "duty" to their dynasty and nation to have children)If the stats and virtues are good just play it.In this game Homosexuality isn't the end of the world.

I like it when homosexual rulers go the extra mile and sire that long-awaited 5th son.

Status
Not open for further replies.