Closed Thread

Thread: O year old homosexual......

O year old homosexual......

Really ? i accept that its something that you're born with, or whatever the science is saying these days, but really ? shouldnt those traits develop for example after age 5-6 when the crown prince finds that he prefers to dress like a princess, not the moment they are born, i mean its handy in the sense that i can just chop off their heads right away, but still.....

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

From a gaming perspective, it doesn't make much difference if the character is born with it or gains the trait when they're 5-6 as the child isn't really "playable" as such until 16.

From a personal perspective, your post could be taken as being very offensive, so don't be suprised if your topic gets closed at some point.

i don t understand what s offensive?

I don't see why chopping your homosexual son's head off, as despicable as it is, would be forbidden to be mentioned when many players repeatedly kill their wives as soon as they are no longer fertile, kill their sons if they prefer other sons to inherit, assassinate close relatives to inherit their lands, manipulate the temporal power of the Church of God for selfish ends, etc, etc.
    Nationality: Two Sicilian/Irish by descent, American by location
    Religion: Eastern Orthodox
    Ideology: Tradcon
    Issues: Free markets, monarchy, aristocracy, tradition, liberty, inequality, saving the mother tongue

Quote Originally Posted by MassMurderer View Post
    when the crown prince finds that he prefers to dress like a princess
    This is offensive, only a few gay men are oike that. You're thinking of transgenders.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SamStarrett View Post
    I don't see why chopping your homosexual son's head off, as despicable as it is, would be forbidden to be mentioned when many players repeatedly kill their wives as soon as they are no longer fertile, kill their sons if they prefer other sons to inherit, assassinate close relatives to inherit their lands, manipulate the temporal power of the Church of God for selfish ends, etc, etc.
    Now thats true.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

its something that you're born with, or whatever the science is saying these days
    the crown prince finds that he prefers to dress like a princess
    It just seems like you post is coming from a slightly ill-informed point of view

its handy in the sense that i can just chop off their heads right away
    That just seems like a fairly insensitive way to word things. Obviously, you meant it as an in-game way, but it could be taken the wrong way.

Anyway, I won't say any more on the matter.

Major
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Is this a trait that can be lost through some means during the education phase?

Crusader Kings IIMagickaSengoku

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnbarnshack View Post
    This is offensive, only a few gay men are oike that. You're thinking of transgenders.
    A few? You're just as misinformed...

There is no other difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual apart from the fact that the homosexual prefer the same sex.
    And it wouldn't make you an transgender if you wanted to dress in clothes you're "not suppose" to wear. That's just being a transvestite.

Crusader Kings IIMagickaSengoku

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratlegion View Post
    Is this a trait that can be lost through some means during the education phase?
    No. Since there are no counter trait there is nothing to change to.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Leo View Post
    It just seems like you post is coming from a slightly ill-informed point of view

That just seems like a fairly insensitive way to word things. Obviously, you meant it as an in-game way, but it could be taken the wrong way.

Anyway, I won't say any more on the matter.
    No, the OP is not comming from ill-informed point of view for it is really impossible to spot homosexualism any earlier. It is possible to miss it in 5-6, because not all homosexuals are crossdressers/transvestites, but it is not possible to tag a three years old toddler a sodomite. sometimes it cannot be uncovered even for decades. That is why newborn sodomite is silly.

And it matters in-game as children ARE playable. you can give him a fief and play as him. you can die and play as him. whatever.

And no, it is not wrong to chop sodomites head in-game, because the game is about medieval europe. and catholic church had much more elaborate ways to deal with sodomy then noble death by beheading.

Stop taking things wrong way. if you can read the post as non-offensive - then read it this way and stop correcting people. Homosexual IS a negative trait in this game and in this (medieval europe) setting.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Leo View Post
    From a gaming perspective, it doesn't make much difference if the character is born with it or gains the trait when they're 5-6 as the child isn't really "playable" as such until 16.

From a personal perspective, your post could be taken as being very offensive, so don't be suprised if your topic gets closed at some point.
    Only professional offense-takers would find that offensive.

HoI AnthologyDeus VultDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about the Homosexual trait.It gives a malus for vassals and lowers church opinion and also -% to fertility.I have had a few Homosexual Characters and even had a Homosexual wife for one of them.They had kids so it was no real problem.(I think they see it as their "duty" to their dynasty and nation to have children)If the stats and virtues are good just play it.In this game Homosexuality isn't the end of the world.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

This thread shouldn't become a debate into what homosexuality is and how it comes about.

I think that the homosexual trait should be given at 16 or over.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Hootieleece View Post
    Don't worry about the Homosexual trait.It gives a malus for vassals and lowers church opinion and also -% to fertility.I have had a few Homosexual Characters and even had a Homosexual wife for one of them.They had kids so it was no real problem.(I think they see it as their "duty" to their dynasty and nation to have children)If the stats and virtues are good just play it.In this game Homosexuality isn't the end of the world.
    I like it when homosexual rulers go the extra mile and sire that long-awaited 5th son.

No really, assuming gay men dress like women is offensive. Your little attempt at humor is pathetic.

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thread locked.
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules

Closed Thread