First Japan 36 Game: Locked Garrison Divisions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MagooNZ

Captain
4 Badges
May 17, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Now March 37 and waiting for an unlocking event for the Japanese garrisons. Couldn't find this in the vanilla game events. Does this exist ? I want to shift garrisons to China. I have made an event to do this (anyone want this?). I expect that this has already been done, but I cant find it in the AoD forum. If I run my event, and this is already hardcoded, will I get a ctd ?
Big change from Doomsday to AoD. Very well done AoD team, no wonder a lot of smiles on the back page of the manual. :D
First game, Canada, I mess up, so stop after 2 years. Second game, USA, I stop after beating Axis Europe. Chase axis NE to Germany, not strong enough to breakthrough to coast, and get large encirclement. Watched axis units running away around the north coast towards Berlin. Had one big carrier battle with Japan. HOI2 AI not do this, HOI2 AI not really do anything.
I have HOI1, HOI2, Doomsday. Where do I find to code to register these ?:confused:

If you wrote your own event correctly then there should be no problems with CTDs as far as I know. The Garrisons are mainly there for the AI and beating China can be done very easily without their help. Good luck.

Thanks for your vote of confidence in my ability vitality. But how do people play multi-player with all the Japanese Garrison divisions locked ? This is a serious handicap for the Japanese player.

I dont think multi-players would do that. Japan is quite weak (as I am now finding), this would be a waste of production, and garrisons are useful away from the front line. I just tried to disband the locked Japanese garrisons, and yes, this can be done.

Thanks Pang Bingxun, interesting thought. Needs a detailed analysis to see if it is more economic to disband these 44? garrison divisions & then rebuild them as required for China occupation, versus keeping them until needed later in 1937, while doing so they use supplies. Non democratic country has high upgrade costs. I was also going to look at if it is possible to save any brigades attached to these locked garrisons before disbanding? I think there are a few brigades, not many though. Will look into this when I can run AoD. Cheers

Now March 37 and waiting for an unlocking event for the Japanese garrisons. Couldn't find this in the vanilla game events. Does this exist ? I want to shift garrisons to China. I have made an event to do this (anyone want this?). I expect that this has already been done, but I cant find it in the AoD forum. If I run my event, and this is already hardcoded, will I get a ctd ?
Can I have this event please? :)
And IMO your event should be included in 1.08 to give anyone playing Japan the opportunity to utilise these garrisons (the same also applying to the UK, Italy and any other countries that start of with locked garrisons).

Thanks for asking for this event Mr_B0narpte. I thought I wasted my time if no one else interested. See my post 76 in "possible new features in 1.8" thread. It works okay for me.

A couple of small points. The brigades of locked divisions cannot be recovered before disbanding the division. However, the brigade manpower is recovered when the division is disbanded.
These Japanese garrison divisions can be useful in China to gain leader experience, & hold territory, allowing more infantry to advance into new provinces.

MagooNZ, perhaps slightly off-topic, but certainly the Pacific has some pretty good coverage in the CORE travel guide for AoD... So if you want province specific images to add even more flavour it might be of interest to you. Mind you, the installer assumes it to be used in conjunction with CORE, so the images are copied into the mod-CORE subdirectory. But nothing copy/paste can't solve. ;) The link is in my sig.

Thanks Hagar, I was wondering what this "travel guide" was. Will take a look.