• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

springel

Captain
85 Badges
Jan 28, 2012
springelkamp.nl
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
It is 1462.

BrittanyCore.jpg

The tool tip tells me that Brittany will lose the core in 1452.

Is this a bug? Or a corrupt save?

No its not a bug. Province has the French culture group, while Brittany is in Gaelic (or whatever).

edit: apparently i didnt read carefully >.<

Last edited:
It is 1707. I'm playing as Venice. I started the game in 1453 with Corfu as my vassal, and I have yet to annex it. The core was supposed to have expired (in 1449) which is before I even started the game.

91a4a0.jpg

So it seems to be a bug to me. Something to note: At one point I decided to try taking it by dissolving our alliance, releasing it from vassilage, and declaring war on it. But doing so causes it to lose the core within a month after I released it from vassilage, which meant I lost the reconquest CB. I ended up reloading. I haven't tried diplo-annexing it yet, but I'm going to guess I'll be able to keep the core if I do it that way. My guess is the bug has to do with vassilage. It does something funny to cores held by the master country. It's been a minor nuisance since it's been draining my prestige for unheld cored territory for the past 350 years.

Last edited:
I think the core mechanics on vassals have been updated and the tooltips etc. haven't. Like what Panopticon describes, things get a little different when a master/vassal relationship is involved. I reckon Brittany hasn't lost it's core because it is being held by their master.

Masters never lose cores on their vassals' provinces (and the tooltip doesn't reflect this). This is not a bug. The tooltip also doesn't mention that you will never lose cores on provinces in your culture group.
It seems that the same thing applies to a vassal's cores on their master's provinces. May or may not be a bug.

The tooltip also doesn't mention that you will never lose cores on provinces in your culture group.

When the province in question is part of the culture group of the core you are mousing over the tooltip does say the core won't be lost due to being in the same culture group.