Death, Taxes and Glory- Fridays, 19:30-23:30 CET
Game will start on the 15th June.
To sign up, post five country options you'd like, in order of preference.
Note that, even if you don't get the country you wanted, please show up; there are likely to be some no-shows in major countries, so we will probably need to shuffle things around a bit and you might be able to find a desirable spot.
General game details:
We will be using the latest version of Death and Taxes, 6.0, which will be released before the first session. Please note we may need to update if any bugs are found.
I'm hoping to start the game on Friday the 29th June, assuming there are enough players by then.
The game will start at 19:30 CET and will run for four hours.
For communication during the game (co-ordinating hosting / rehosting etc.), please post your skype address and you'll be added to the group.
- Difficulty: Normal
- AI Aggressiveness: Low
- Lucky Nations: Off
- Spread of Land Provinces: 50 Years
- Spread of Sea Provinces: 100 Years
- I will act as GM for the game - this entails enforcing rules, mediating and arbitrating in player disputes and approving any savegame edits that need to be made.
- Players not showing up for two consecutive sessions may be removed from the game, subject to GM discretion.
- Players not showing up to the first session may be removed from their country and / or the game, subject to GM discretion.
- It is the responsibility of the player to find a substitute in the event that they are forced to miss a session.
- If a player misses a session and cannot find a sub, their nation will be AIed (or braindeaded if they request it). Any human player finding themselves at war with the AI should endeavour to end the war as quickly as possible, minimising damage to the absentee player's country.
- If an absent player is in a player war from a previous session, the enemy should make peace as soon as possible. If the absentee was winning the war, a white peace should be signed; if, however, they were losing, reasonable demands up to a maximum of 50% warscore can be imposed. If a player leaves during the middle of a session (except as a result of internet instability), their country is fair game to any players already at war with them and this rule does not apply.
- Each player has the right to one rehost per session. They may receive further rehosts at GM discretion.
- Saves will be downloaded through the in-game lobby to make the process as simple as possible.
- Players should try to rejoin the game as quickly as possible, should a rehost be needed.
- War Taxes are permitted.
- Agreements between players, private or public, will not be enforced. However, agreements that form part of a peace deal may be (at the discretion of the GM).
- If you feel you have been seriously mistreated by another player, contact the GM discreetly.
- Do not wreck your nation. No mass-releasing of vassals out of spite, and no refusing to peace for no reason other than pettiness.
- You can only declare war on a player's vassal if you are already at war with that player.
- You may not take more than 5 provinces in a single war or more than 20% of the other players country. This limit does not apply to colonies.
- Alliance leaders may not sign peace without the explicit consent of all members of their alliance.
- Players may surrender; in that case, the winner(s) of the war are free to impose any and all peace terms within the limit of 100 warscore.
- Selling provinces (for ducats or not) can ONLY be part of a peace deal if the buyer has a core on the province in question.
Gaming the System:
The following are not permitted:
- Abusing lag to intentionally gain an unfair advantage (especially RE sliders).
- Releasing and reconquering vassals on which you have a core in order to burn infamy.
- Selling or donating manufactories, CoTs or missionaries to other players.
- Selling provinces to another player for the sole purpose of said province being removed from the Empire and then returned.
This list may be added to at any time.
Here's the primary roster (subject to change), I tried to give everyone who they wanted and put rival countries as players of equal skill, and give the better players slightly smaller nations. Elcyion, I've given you Ming since I've heard a lot about you and I don't think it's appropriate to give someone of your skill a major European power. Please let me know if you'd like to switch to a European minor instead.
- Name - Country - Skype
- Lukew - France - luke.watkins94
- Nooblord - Milan - xraider42
- Elcyion - Ottoman Empire - elcyion.lacar
- AlfonsoV - Castille - maar.illes
- Nehas - Novgorod - nehas69
- Krijger9 - Portugal - jahrell.kersout
- Tigerkid - Holland - tigerkidde
- Valiant_hodgers - Austria - valiantsparkle
- Lama43 - Mamluks - lamagf
- Clonefusion - Morocco - clonefusion
- Troxbox - Serbia - nicowes9
- El_zilcho - England - zilcho321
- Thomasan - Hansa - thomasan10
- Clone1312clone - India - Clone1312clone
- Ulexar - India - Doomworthy
- Titanshoe - Denmark - mazzi_i._1996
- Zachman94 - Brandenburg - Zach.F94
- Hairybung - Persia - baalzack1
- IronMaiden - Frankfurt - imsofriggingawesome
- Ivnivnius - Venice - Movnius
- Lord_T - Bavaria - tomi.marttinen
- Cryptor - Wandering Jew - blader1995
- Manofpac - Wandering Jew - kingster136
- Byzan - Wandering Jew - N/A
- Ancorehraq sis - Wandering Jew - ancorehraq1
- Distortedwon - Wandering Jew - kylep0495
- Lealo - Wandering Jew - lealooo2