• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Heroicnoodles

First Lieutenant
31 Badges
Mar 22, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
I came up with this as a personal game to play, I couldn't do it, so I've brought it to the forums as a challenge to any Victoria 2 adept.

The challenge

step1. Release Cyprus from the Ottomans

step2. Conquer both Greece and Turkey to form a union state between the two. (Cyprus has Greek as primary culture and Turkish as an accepted one)

step3. Expand the empire to the size of both the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire at their heights (excluding Italy)

with tag switching between countries and event cheats to lower infamy, you could get most of greece and anatolia in a decade or 2

Did you just basically say, "I could totally do that by consistently and constantly cheating," when someone offered a challenge? :p

UK and Russia will tear you apart before your one brigade gets to make a move against someone...

Oh geez. Cyprus does start civilized with 38k population and 375 soldiers. The only RGO output is fruit, though that might be good when you consider the little amount it does produce.

Tried it last night, couldn't get a brigade up and running until 1852. Had to wait another 5 years before clipper convoys were available to the world market to build just one transport. Managed to take Tunisia with that after they had a revolution, and plenty of help from Greece. The Ottomans are allied with Russia and Greece is in UK's sphere. It's fairly challenging to say the least.

The real problem lies in reaching a point that you can challenge them. This is much easier said than done. The easiest way would be to take Tunisia and then try and colonise Africa as soon as possible. Even with that lead you are still going to have to deal with the fact that the Ottomans are either constantly allied or sphere'd.

For anyone who is interested in challenges like this, LUX > NGF > GER > Ger+Fra. Lux has NG as primary and french as accepted, you will add SG as you form the German empire.

Hardest part is you cannot become a GP as a 1 province country. I rushed prestige and luckily had Prussia drop out of GP list and was stuck as a secondary power despite having 5th rank, which ruined my plan and I ragequit. Maybe I'll try it again and conquer Belgium or something first.

Alright, just attempted this. I managed to get onto a train with France and Belgium when NED went into revolution. My 3000 man army managed to force them to give up Java. Java gave me like 300£ a day straight away.
Got into FRA's sphere with a nice colonial empire and lost my ethiopia and Java to NED and UK as FRA said Nowai an i went GP status... at which point i gave up.

Last edited:
For anyone who is interested in challenges like this, LUX > NGF > GER > Ger+Fra. Lux has NG as primary and french as accepted, you will add SG as you form the German empire.

Hardest part is you cannot become a GP as a 1 province country. I rushed prestige and luckily had Prussia drop out of GP list and was stuck as a secondary power despite having 5th rank, which ruined my plan and I ragequit. Maybe I'll try it again and conquer Belgium or something first.

Alright, just attempted this. I managed to get onto a train with France and Belgium when NED went into revolution. My 3000 man army managed to force them to give up Java. Java gave me like 300£ a day straight away.
Got into FRA's sphere with a nice colonial empire and lost my ethiopia and Java to NED and UK as FRA said Nowai an i went GP status... at which point i gave up.

This sounds like a good challenge. I'll try this tomorrow and let you know how I go.

This sounds like a good challenge. I'll try this tomorrow and let you know how I go.

oh yea, its very possible too I think. France will almost always declare war on Netherlands for a place in the sun. Try to jump on the bandwagon and get something out of it, preferably Java for the manpower. Once you eat up Netherlands try to bandwagon with whoever is beating up on France or NGF. Usually if France loses just one war they go into perpetual revolutions so its not as hard as it sounds.

The hardest part is stopping Prussia from forming the German Empire itself. I barely manged to drop Baden out of the NGF sphere before they finished the war with Austria for hegemony.
I had literally only got GP status, LUX is a race against the clock with an aggressive Prussian AI. One light in the darkness is that if you drop NGF out of the great powers you should theoretically be able to sphere them and form the German Empire with Baden/Wutt/Bav... and Austria for that matter. Your game is reliant on being able to backstab and steal as many times as possible from the moment you break free from NED, either by rebels occupying NED or rebels from the massive WE you get after France steamrolls you.

Its actually interesting how the two routes play out, NED becomes very weak and gets flattened by everyone OR you get to pass every reform and become a democracy with a very hard time expanding.

Yea, I made a quick attempt just to see how things went trying to become independent.

France did the place in the sun as usual... Took 10 infamy then Netherlands allied Austria and France never declared war. I zoomed through about 5 years of that and eventually quit. I think you have to get lucky, basically needing Netherlands to be the odd man out on alliances so that France doesn't get scared and continues its attack.

If you are allied to NED France will occupy LUX. The W/E will cause a rebel stack to spawn. When you break you become free.

If France or Prussia never declares war on NED then they are probably allied to the UK, so you can start again after checking their alliances at day 2. France has attacked NED as long as the UK isn't involved in almost every game.