+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Odd bits of history.

Odd bits of history.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/h...s_.single.html

Yes, they did build fleets on lakes. I'm sure the Caspian sea would be a reasonable place for some fleets too, and commerce. Movement of goods by ship is infinitely cheaper than the alternatives at the time. And even today. The problem with EU3 is a bad algorithm for allocating resources and famously failing to use manpower as a natural constraint in production in favor of gamey and arbitrary kluges.

Well, ok, lakes are a pretty minor issue. But remember that the map is not the terrain.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19864..._user4=popular

It may be that the game severely underestimates the populations of the Americas and we need a plague event that may, or may not do the historical reduction, based on the lucky contact. Given a few alternative events, the Americas could give a good show against the Europeans and, maybe, to the extent that they infect and colonize the East.

Silliness aside, the Americas need some rethinking.
    Last edited by lizardo; 27-05-2012 at 00:45.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    History may be discussed in the aptly named History forums
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Hearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by lizardo View Post
    Yes, they did build fleets on lakes.
    Finland designed and built gunboats and submarines for Lake Ladoga as late as WW2. And I think the Soviets did too
    "Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant."
    - Albert Einstein

Dixi, et animam levavi.

+ Reply to Thread