• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The xbox version has been cancelled, I'm sorry to say :(

The xbox version has been cancelled, I'm sorry to say :(

Saff - where'd you get that from?

I'm not saying it is or isn't - I'm just surprised by the certainty of your statement.

/s

I'm not saying it is or isn't
And Shams has used dynamite to explode open the doors of speculation about an xbox version being in the works _as_ _we_ _speak_ !!!! ;)

Last I remember anyone saying anything about it it was something along the lines of: "It looks like there isn't going to be an xbox version. The team really wanted it but it kinda lost out to bugfixing and patching the original."

Ofc I'd love an xbox version if the controls were worked out nicely, but I've tried the controller on the PC and it's much more imprecise than the keyboard, so who knows how it'd be worked out? Or what Arrowhead are really up to behind the scenes.

All I know is I'm looking forward to the next DLC ^_^

I'm not saying it is or isn't - I'm just surprised by the certainty of your statement.

/s

I was actually pretty sure that it was you that posted this ages ago... I'll see if I can find the post.

I'd gladly stand corrected, of course! :)

/s

Now, I'll be damned -- I can't find any post!

So, I'll redact my post to "I am just a volunteer mod here and have no inside information whatsoever. Plus, I never know anything!" :p

link 1
We'd really like to see the game on other platforms as well and will do our best to get it out. But for now, and the foreseeable future the game is PC only.

/s

link 2

link 3

The official answer is still the same, we're doing what we can to get Magicka on other platforms, but ultimately it's not up to us.

/s

Check the dates though. They are all fairly old posts. Looks like official stance is a resounding "Maybe"! :)
Guess it all depends on how many people they have to spare to do the required work while also juggling all the other projects they have going on.

Pure theory-crafting here (utterly no facts to back this up at all!!!) I would say that since the xbox update thing is such a pain in the rump Arrowhead could be organising an xbox version now which has all the dlc rolled into it and could release it as a fantastic package with the new DLC (the other side of the coin). By that time hopefully all bugs will be worked out and then they'll have an xbox version and not have to worry about the restrictive update limit that MS impose.

Of course there is no information to back that up. It's purely wishful thinking and I know it'd be a lot of work to get it up on xbox, work that they may not be able to afford right now with all the things they currently have on their plate.

One advantage of the xbox: 1 standardised set of hardware to work with / test.

See I was pretty certain I gave you a resounding "maybe".

/s