+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xbox Version

Xbox Version

Hi,

Is this game going to go on Xbox anytime soon? My wife and I are hoping to play it - looks like a good light game. I saw some talk about it being rolled out on the xbox but can't find it anywhere.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The xbox version has been cancelled, I'm sorry to say
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    I'd love to see a console and tablet version of this game. The gameplay seems like it would be a good candidate for multitouch controls from mobile devices.
    Any link to info on why it was cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Saff - where'd you get that from?

I'm not saying it is or isn't - I'm just surprised by the certainty of your statement.

/s
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

Quote Originally Posted by Shams View Post
    I'm not saying it is or isn't
    And Shams has used dynamite to explode open the doors of speculation about an xbox version being in the works _as_ _we_ _speak_ !!!!

Last I remember anyone saying anything about it it was something along the lines of: "It looks like there isn't going to be an xbox version. The team really wanted it but it kinda lost out to bugfixing and patching the original."

Ofc I'd love an xbox version if the controls were worked out nicely, but I've tried the controller on the PC and it's much more imprecise than the keyboard, so who knows how it'd be worked out? Or what Arrowhead are really up to behind the scenes.

All I know is I'm looking forward to the next DLC ^_^

I'm not saying it is or isn't - I'm just surprised by the certainty of your statement.

/s
    I was actually pretty sure that it was you that posted this ages ago... I'll see if I can find the post.

I'd gladly stand corrected, of course!
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

/s
    Now, I'll be damned -- I can't find any post!

So, I'll redact my post to "I am just a volunteer mod here and have no inside information whatsoever. Plus, I never know anything!"

--

Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black Cove

link 1
    We'd really like to see the game on other platforms as well and will do our best to get it out. But for now, and the foreseeable future the game is PC only.

/s
    link 2

link 3

The official answer is still the same, we're doing what we can to get Magicka on other platforms, but ultimately it's not up to us.

/s
    Check the dates though. They are all fairly old posts. Looks like official stance is a resounding "Maybe"!
    Guess it all depends on how many people they have to spare to do the required work while also juggling all the other projects they have going on.

Pure theory-crafting here (utterly no facts to back this up at all!!!) I would say that since the xbox update thing is such a pain in the rump Arrowhead could be organising an xbox version now which has all the dlc rolled into it and could release it as a fantastic package with the new DLC (the other side of the coin). By that time hopefully all bugs will be worked out and then they'll have an xbox version and not have to worry about the restrictive update limit that MS impose.

Of course there is no information to back that up. It's purely wishful thinking and I know it'd be a lot of work to get it up on xbox, work that they may not be able to afford right now with all the things they currently have on their plate.

One advantage of the xbox: 1 standardised set of hardware to work with / test.

I'm not saying it is or isn't
    /giggle, publishers are always mysterious.

Its like with release times too hehe. "Before a few weeks into winter" or "soon!"

Smart Glass could power this conversion and usher in more RTS games. (like SimCity).

So hopefully all systems are go for releasing this game on Xbox Live Arcade.

See I was pretty certain I gave you a resounding "maybe".

/s
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

Quote Originally Posted by LZIM View Post
    Smart Glass could power this conversion and usher in more RTS games. (like SimCity).

So hopefully all systems are go for releasing this game on Xbox Live Arcade.
    Smart Glass would make this game awesome if it was responsive enough.

+ Reply to Thread