+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Holy War CB on Grenada

No Holy War CB on Grenada

Don't know if this is a vanilla question or not but since I am playing only MEIOU I thought I'd ask here.

Grenada has beaten up Castile pretty good in my game and has gotten a border with me. 20 years ago the Pope called for a crusade against them and when I go to DoW I have no CB option for Holy War or any other types.

They own a bunch of Christian provinces. Is that stopping me from attacking them?

I have been Papal Controller a few times since the Crusade was called but I can't change anything. They are not a vassal of anyone else either. Castile, Leon, Portugal & Aragon have been warring with them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Ship Simulator Extremes

Who are you and what year is it?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Same questions as Jake.

Did you try the cb hotfix from the Download post ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

I am the Anglo-French Union in 1451. I just recently got a border with them.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/sluglg1/EU3_j.jpg

That's a screenshot. For some reason this site will not let me post or upload anything.

Edit: I tried my best to search for an answer before posting. I'll check the DL thread for the link to a fix.
    Last edited by ufos8mycow; 26-05-2012 at 22:25.

95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Tell me if the hotfix solves your problem.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Ship Simulator Extremes

Odd. Does Castille have Holy War CB on them?

Had to let an ingame month go by but the fix is in.

Thanks everyone!

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ufos8mycow View Post
    Had to let an ingame month go by but the fix is in.

Thanks everyone!
    Decisions/modifiers/and all usually appear on the turn of month following the meeting of the triggers.
    •

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Couldn't find a thread about this already so thought that i would post it here. I'm playing a game as The Ottomans, and i don't have any Holy War CB's on my Orthodox or Catholic neighbours, is that WAD?
    And if it is, how do i go about changing it back?

Oh and i have the cb fix installed as well.
    Last edited by Tallfellow; 27-05-2012 at 15:07.
    MEIOU cookie • From Gigau.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    What year is it ? and what's your secularism_theocracy slider position ?
    •

HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    What year is it ? and what's your secularism_theocracy slider position ?
    It's 1362 and secularism_theocracy slider is 0. if i go +1 on that would that help? Or do i have to move it further along?
    Last edited by Tallfellow; 27-05-2012 at 18:29.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    I thought i had updated the cb hotfix.... apparently not.

Please check this version (save-game compatible).

•

I thought i had updated the cb hotfix.... apparently not.

Please check this version (save-game compatible).

Will try it out, i'm now +2 on the scale, and still nothing

Do i have to narrowminded as well? Because i'm at 0 on that as well.

Tried out the new cb text and still nothing.
    Last edited by Tallfellow; 28-05-2012 at 11:22.

95 games registered

Blog Entries

So you are a muslim nation bordering a non-muslim nation, you are theocracy-oriented, and year is before 1600... and no crusade cb ?

•

Yup pretty much, i have borders with Bulgaria, Circassia, Aragon, Serbia and still no CB, i'm +2 Narrowminded and +3 theocracy.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallfellow View Post
    Yup pretty much, i have borders with Bulgaria, Circassia, Aragon, Serbia and still no CB, i'm +2 Narrowminded and +3 theocracy.
    And in your version of the cb file, the OR section with crusader status and all is commented out, right ?
    •

And in your version of the cb file, the OR section with crusader status and all is commented out, right ?
    It's commented out with the # in front of it, so yes.

# Holy War
    cb_crusade = {
    mutual = yes

nomad = no
    badboy_factor = 0.25
    prestige_factor = 1.5
    peace_cost_factor = 0.75

prerequisites = {
    OR = {
    AND = {
    religion_group = christian
    secularism_theocracy = 0
    THIS = { NOT = { religion_group = christian } }
    }
    AND = {
    NOT = { religion_group = christian }
    secularism_theocracy = 1
    THIS = { religion_group = christian }
    }
    AND = {
    religion_group = muslim
    secularism_theocracy = 0
    THIS = { NOT = { religion_group = muslim } }
    }
    AND = {
    NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
    secularism_theocracy = 1
    THIS = { religion_group = muslim }
    }
    }
    neighbour = THIS
    #OR = {
    # has_country_flag = imperial_admin
    # defender_of_faith = yes
    # AND = {
    # THIS = { is_crusade_target = yes }
    # religion = catholic
    # }
    # idea = deus_vult # Actually "Unam Sanctam"
    # idea = divine_supremacy
    # has_country_flag = crusader
    #}
    NOT = { year = 1600 }
    }

allowed_provinces = {
    always = yes
    }

po_annex = yes
    po_demand_provinces = yes

country_desc = ALL_INFIDELS
    prov_desc = ALL_PROVS
    war_name = CRUSADE_WAR_NAME

That's the code from my CB_Text file.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's consistent... Could you make a try after removing the line "neighbour = yes", just in case ?

Else, i really don't see what, in the code, prevents you from having it...
    •

Yes, that's consistent... Could you make a try after removing the line "neighbour = yes", just in case ?

Else, i really don't see what, in the code, prevents you from having it...
    Will try it out right away, otherwise i'll try to reinstall MEIOU and see if that helps.

Tried it, and it didn't help, will try to reinstall meiou and see if that helps.

And the Line i tried removing was the neighbour = THIS. As i couldn't find a neighbour = YES.

Tried a complete reinstall of MEIOU, and that didn't change anything. So don't know if i'm doing something wrong or not.

Just tried a hands off game, and seems like no one can do Holy Wars. As in 50 years there wasn't a single war of that type declared.
    Last edited by Tallfellow; 28-05-2012 at 21:42.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    I've run a couple of tests... and it works as designed on my computer
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast