• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(446248)

Recruit
17 Badges
Feb 7, 2012
  • Legio
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Hi,

I bought/downloaded HOI 1&2 from GAME UK but the downloads didn't work for some reason. No one seems to know why. Could it be that these games are not compatible with Win7? I installed HOI 3 with no problems. I'm considering giving it another go and buying 1&2 from GamersGate but I really don't want to go through all the hassle and sorting out refunds again if it won't work.

Any ideas anyone? : )

Those games were of course developed before Win7 was released, but they ought to run nevertheless.

Where you buy them from only affects the installation method, the games themselves are identical. It's not clear to me if you are having a problem installing them or running them. But if it is running them, try installing to a folder outside the system path (that is, NOT under c:\program files\ ) , and set them to run as the Administrator user, and to disable desktop composition (these are found if you right-click on the game's icon, and choose properties).