+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOI 1&2 compatibility with Windows 7

HOI 1&2 compatibility with Windows 7

Hi,

I bought/downloaded HOI 1&2 from GAME UK but the downloads didn't work for some reason. No one seems to know why. Could it be that these games are not compatible with Win7? I installed HOI 3 with no problems. I'm considering giving it another go and buying 1&2 from GamersGate but I really don't want to go through all the hassle and sorting out refunds again if it won't work.

Any ideas anyone? : )

WATLAH ! Paradox Support Rep
    61 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

Those games were of course developed before Win7 was released, but they ought to run nevertheless.

Where you buy them from only affects the installation method, the games themselves are identical. It's not clear to me if you are having a problem installing them or running them. But if it is running them, try installing to a folder outside the system path (that is, NOT under c:\program files\ ) , and set them to run as the Administrator user, and to disable desktop composition (these are found if you right-click on the game's icon, and choose properties).
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

+ Reply to Thread