• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU3NOOB

Field Marshal
57 Badges
Sep 29, 2011
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
This AAR is about a game I've been playing. My first serious game in Victoria 2. I figured the best way to introduce myself to the Victoria 2 universe would play my native country. Since I'm new to the game my MO has been to ignore industry and let the Capitalists do their thing, which to be honest hasn't been too bad on my economy. I tend to play based on RL norms. So when unemployment is nonexistent, even with some factories closed, I tend to think that I'm doing okay. Also if you're looking for an AAR about deep diplomacy and your stomach gets upset at seeing pixelated mutilation, then this AAR isn't for you. I'm a Warmonger baby! The thought of killing foreigners* with my epic armies gives me a thrill up my leg!

This AAR isn't gonna be detailed. This will mostly be a summary and a pic(s) showing my nation and progress, especially if there's a war going on. There's probably never going to be a pic showing a single battle. But if there was an epic battle that turned the tide of a war I'll make special note of it. If you want past pics there'll be a link at the bottom of the post to another forum where I did something like this. If you want to see how the AAR will be structured that'd be the best place to look.

The current date in game is 1888 and I'm currently in the middle of a war with the British Empire. I'm doing pretty well.

Links of Doom!

Start with this one first. http://s1.zetaboards.com/House_of_Sim/single/?p=228377&t=4038050

http://s1.zetaboards.com/House_of_Sim/topic/4776181/1/?x=20#post228639

Here's a short summary of events:

1836-37: The United States intervenes in the Texan War for Independence on the side of Texas. War lasts about a year. Texan Independence is secured. Sometime later Texas petitions to join the Union as a Free State.

1843-48: The First Mexican-American War starts. Santa Ana's forces are routed in Northern Mexico. War lasts five years. Gain all my Manifest Destiny cores.

1853-56: The Second Mexican-American War begins. Most Mexican forces are routed in Sonora provence. US forces occupy most of Northern Mexico before the Tequila Counteroffensive begins. Lose many a battle.

Fall 1860- Summer 1862: The American Civil War begins. All of the South minus Texas plus Chihuahua secedes. Most of the fighting takes place in the west. The East is an occupation operation. In the late Summer of 1861 General R. E. Lee, noticing the complete incompetence of President Davis moves his force of 30,000 men east to save his home state of Virginia. Those forces are routed at Asheville, North Carolina.

1862-64: The Third Mexican-American War begins. Mexico has failed to recover from the last war and this war is merely a formality. All of Mexico is annexed except for the capital region.

1871: US Forces invade Columbia. Sparking a British declaration of war.

1871-72 Part I: The Third War of American Independence or what the British call the British War of American Containment begins. While the Columbian war is wrapped up with the cession of Panama to the United States, the British-Canadian Royal Army Occupies most of the Northeast and western border states. During this period the US attempts to pull back forces from the border due to the numerically superior British forces and tries to scrape together an army to stop the British advance. By the end of '73 the US Army is ready to push back and the British start the Midwest Offensive.

1873-75 Part II: By mid-February Detroit has fallen to the British Offensive. The US Army starts moving its forces to start their own offensive in the Northeast. By mid-1874 the British Midwestern Offensive has been pushed back into Canada withe the US Army in hot pursuit. In the Eastern Front there is fighting in Albany and Burlington. This front will remain active until mid-1876. In the Western Front during this period there is little else but retreat. The one major battle of this period was the Battle for Seattle which was a loss. The US Army vowed revenge. By 1875 the fighting on the Eastern has shifted north into Canada.

1875-78 Part III: By 1876 the war has been going on for 5 years and there seemed to be no end in sight. There was little hope that the British would cede so much as a grain of sand since they could easily continue fighting on else where. So on July 4, 1876 President Hayes made the Freedom Speech. In this speech he reached out to the oppressed nationalities of the British Empire, declared the British Empire an outlaw state, and ended with a challenge that this time next year there would be American soldiers on the Island of Britain. By early 1877 the tide had turned much of Canada was occupied. Plans were made for the invasion of Britain. In May the Fleet was sent. By June it was in position. the troops landed. By November the war was over. The United States gained most of British North America.

1881: Haiti was annexed.

1885: Britain declared war.

1888: By now most of the remnants of British North America is occupied and I've reinforced Liberia and have most of British West africa under occupation. Britain itself has been invaded.

No WC. I'm new. That'd be nice but my main goal is the full destruction of the old regimes: Britain, France, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, and Russia. Britain though is public enemy number 1. Because he keeps declaring war on me!

Update!!!!!

"The surprise declaration of war by the British and her allies was as President Cleveland's spokesman put it, 'Damn well the most annoying and inconvenient letter the President ever received'. The idea that the British wanted to liberate Alberta is considered by historians to be, 'the single most stupidest and pointless thing anyone has gone to war over in the history of forever'. However stupid the war was it did present the United States with a very good opportunity to knock Britain down a peg, which is always worth it..."-- excerpt from '100 Reasons why the British are the Dumbest People on the Planet' Published 2005.

This is mostly a visual update.

As I said before it is 1888 and the 4th Anglo-American War is going quite well, though I do have quite a lot more work to do.

northamericanfrontjune4.jpg

westafricanfrontjune418.jpg

theeuropeanfrontjune418.jpg

"... I met with an envoy from the Irish nationalists today. He seemed a good fellow but a bit behind on the times... When I first heard of the rebellion I was over joyed. It seemed vindicate everything our boys over there were fighting and dying for. But then the topic turned to what kind of system of government they wanted to install and things turned ugly. I think the man was a bit touched in the head when he suggested that Ireland return to the squabbling feudal states that had left them vulnerable to English aggression to begin with! Then the man had the absolute gall to demand that American troops leave the island and to hand over control to these bumbling fools! I flat out refused as anyone with a half a brain would do. Not even the English deserve such punishment! Then he got really angry. He said that his Irish Feudal Army or IFA would push us back into the Atlantic. I said let them try, we will save the Irish people from your backward ideals and when we do leave we will leave them better off than they were when we arrived! That's when he marched out of the office. I truly think that he believes in what he said. I pity him..."--excerpt from President Grover Cleveland's Journals.

irishrebellion.jpg

--------------------New York Times---------------------------------
The Beginning of the End
Today marks the beginning of the end of the Englishish War Machine. With the fall of the British Home
Isles so too does much of English Industry. As we all know the English have declared Martial Law --Military Rule.
And with its passing dies the puppet democracy, that they created to quiet their oppressed masses and keep them
from overthrowing their oppressors!​
We occupy just about every bit of Britain and their capital, London is under siege, yet their tyrant Queen
Victoriadeclares from English Occupied Calcutta, India that they will fight til the end. But how? With much of
England's industry enjoying good old American hospitality? How long can they give soldiers bullets to shoot with
and food to feed his belly with out English Industry?​
Statistics show that without the British Isles the colonies can continue to fight with the armies they currently
have for one year and that's assuming that they don't lose more colonies, which is seen as damned unlikely! Especially
with the rebellion brewing in Australia!​

theeuropeanfrontjan3118.jpg

theaustralianrevolution.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good so far. I was thinking of doing something similar for Independence Day, this could be a helpful guide.
How did you get to 250+ brigades? Was it all through immigration?

Since I'm new to the game I don't know. All I do know is that after the Civil War the max number of brigades I could field skyrocketed for some reason.

Well done taking on GB and succeeding so massively!:)

Well done taking on GB and succeeding so massively!:)

The reason why I'm succeeding so well is because the AI sucks so badly at reinforcing by sea. There was a time, in my first war against them, that if they had landed troops in Eastern Canada it would have ruined me. But they didn't do it. Also there was never any troops in the British Home Isles, so if you succeed in avoiding the RN then you could easily occupy all of Britain.

Well you've certainly given the Empire a licking. What are your plans once you become top nation?

Liberate Europe, of course!

This is going on Hiatus. I just gained D&T and I rather fond of it:wub:...

Well, that's too bad...