+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annexing of Ethiopia as Italy

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2

Annexing of Ethiopia as Italy

Im sorry its been awhile for me i know someone explained it once. Bypassing the issue of whether you should or shouldnt what needs to be edited so that Italy can annex Ethiopia instead of Puppeting them? If i wait till Feb 1st and change the wargoals it still automatically puppets them shortly after (this is playing with the Politics on AI note...).

I recall it was something in a file that could be edited or at least i rem hearing that. Any help?

TY Guys-

as far as i know the annex wargoal should overwrite the puppet wargoal.

Victoria 2

I sometimes play with the AI in charge of Politics, last night i used the wargoal and annexed Ethiopia and about 2 weeks later they were puppeted. Do you think the AI did that on their own? i dont recall them ever doing so before...

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yes, the AI is told to puppet Ethiopia no matter what. I went over this earlier and PI said this is by design, since Lothos claimed it helped out AI Italy. That's not true at all for a variety of reasons and causes more problems than a simple annexation would create.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Victoria 2

so essentially if you want to not puppet Ethiopia, at no time put the Politics under AI control. Gotcha. Thx Brom

+ Reply to Thread