+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annexing of Ethiopia as Italy

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2

Annexing of Ethiopia as Italy

Im sorry its been awhile for me i know someone explained it once. Bypassing the issue of whether you should or shouldnt what needs to be edited so that Italy can annex Ethiopia instead of Puppeting them? If i wait till Feb 1st and change the wargoals it still automatically puppets them shortly after (this is playing with the Politics on AI note...).

I recall it was something in a file that could be edited or at least i rem hearing that. Any help?

TY Guys-

as far as i know the annex wargoal should overwrite the puppet wargoal.

Victoria 2

I sometimes play with the AI in charge of Politics, last night i used the wargoal and annexed Ethiopia and about 2 weeks later they were puppeted. Do you think the AI did that on their own? i dont recall them ever doing so before...

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yes, the AI is told to puppet Ethiopia no matter what. I went over this earlier and PI said this is by design, since Lothos claimed it helped out AI Italy. That's not true at all for a variety of reasons and causes more problems than a simple annexation would create.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update October 25, 2014; corrected the Japanese entry.

Victoria 2

so essentially if you want to not puppet Ethiopia, at no time put the Politics under AI control. Gotcha. Thx Brom

+ Reply to Thread