• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
El Presidente Edict

With The Appearance of the Advanced Weapons used by the Suwanee I am accelerating the Deployment of Prototype weapons of a far more advanced nature. Our Mad Scientist Division of our research Teams led by the Fame Dr. Steinschneider have made a number of effective proposals to act as stop gap measures until proper counters to the New Weapons, including Flame-throwers of a primitive nature, can be developed. These Measures include giving troops Water Guns modified to fire Acid instead and Marching Bands playing the Song El Presidente's Victory which is well known for it's ability to cause vast armies to instantly surrender or flee and make them throw down there arms even if they do remain on the battlefield. And For the record earmuffs don't work nor does playing louder music to drown out the sound. The Song hits people on a sub mental level instantly braking down any resistance.

Pacific Columbia

Extract from the field report of Major Alex Novak, USMC

Arrived Yuma at 1600, all units report no contact with previously encountered unknown group. Town appears deserted, unable to discern fate of prior population. 2nd Recon reports similar situation at MCAS Yuma, with slight signs of violence but no bodies or evidence of fatalities. A number of impact sites suggests a number of unfortunate pilots were coming in to land as the Change struck. Recon also reports Yuma Proving Ground is likewise vacated. There does however appear to be a certain quantity of body armour available to salvage, details to follow.

Scouts report the presence of a number of small groups residing along the Colorado River, will be further investigated as possible refuge of the population of Yuma. Work current proceeding on establishing fortifications at the eastern end of the Yuma crossing, awaiting further orders regarding advance eastwards.

Addendum:
As requested, scouted Angelica's Diner, the place has been gutted by fire, no signs of violence however. Sorry sir.

A speech by Emperor Charles I

"People of Wyoming, our grand nation has once again brought order to unstable regions. I know that you all want Wyoming to reach the coast, and I promise to you that in the near future Wyoming will have a port! Access to the great seas is something that the people of Wyoming shall never be deprived of, never again. However, we must be on our guard as potential enemies are everywhere, though I myself hope that war can be avoided; but that does not mean that I am unwilling to declare a war if I see it as a necessity to ensure the security of Wyoming."

Empire of Wyoming Orders

Build 2 Foot-solders in Beaver for 4IP
Build 1 Foot-Soldier in NE for 2CP

Move 1 Foot-Soldier from North Dakota to Grand Rapids
Move 1 Foot-Soldier from St.Paul to Madison
Move 1 Foot-Soldier from Idaho to Oregon
Move 1 Foot-Soldier from KS to MO
Move 1 Foot-Soldier from NE to IA

Operation [Redacted]: [Redacted]

Bank: [Redacted]

The Empire of Wyoming undertook measures to strengthen its security, something which was deemed very necessary by the Emperor. The education and conscription systems were having a slow start, but initial results looked very promising. Several long-term goals were also laid down, goals which were deemed necessary in order to secure Wyoming against foreign aggression by acquiring easily defensible borders. Worry was present in the surprisingly pacifistic administration of the possibility of a war, seeing as such a thing was highly unlikely to benefit the Empire in any way whatsoever. However, these worries were all very minor background worries as the confident presence of the Emperor laid these to rest.

Republica de los Llanos orders for turn 3

5UNJq.png

The smoke was so thick in the room, you could only see vague silhouettes through it. The faces remained unclear, but that was without consequence. They all knew each other all too well.
"Harumph"
Silence. Then a rustling of papers.
"Are you sure about this"?
"It's as good as it can be"
"Quit the games please. I said <are you SURE about this>"?
"No".
"Why are we having this meeting then"?
"Look, don't fool around. You know how this intelligence business works. You trust your sources, or you don't. Either way, there is always a chance you can get burned. I say that chance is fairly low now, but it exists".
"Any external confirmation? General"?
"Well, remember that 45cm refractor we found at the university? We moved it to the highest hill in the area. You have pictures in annex B. Our experts say it's confirming our intel".
"That means..."
"War, Chaqui. That means war".

Silence.

"What will The Five do? How about The Elders"?
"Does it matter? They're a facade. We're the real power. They will do as we tell them to".
"But... are we prepared for this"?
"Let's find out. Mr. Physics Guy, where are you on Project Apollo"?
"Ready to deploy, chief. They're big and only semi-mobile, but for their intended use they'll do. It's mostly a defensive weapon, after all"
"Yeah, but with some capacity to support attacks too. You can't really stand your ground and fight if you're blind, because a giant set of mirrors burned the image of the sun on your retinas. Too bad we couldn't develop it to the point where we can have in make enemies really burst into flames. But I have to congratulate you. That combination of clock mechanisms and prisms really works to keep it in focus at all times of the day"
"I have more good news, sir"
"Oh"?
"The night modules will enter production soon. They won't make Apollo as useful as night as during the day, but at least it won't be completely <dark>, har, har" - "the Event took away electricity and explosives by slowing down some things, but on the other hand made some kinds of chemical reactions more efficient, or else we'd all be dead... chemoluminescence is sooo much brighter now than it used to be... We can project bursts of concentrated light for up to 2-3 minutes at a time, enough to blind any enemy that tries to surprise us... Or surprise them instead"
"Excuse me for interrupting, but how do you know these'll work"?
"Chaqui, shut up. Sometimes I think there's only guava paste between your ears, instead of brain. The way you stuff your face with that crap, some of it is bound to make it into your skull. You're lucky you're my brother" - "Yes, of course they work. Did you think we'd have thousands of workers make them, and not test the devices? They work"

"General, tell us about Project Zephyr. This is a new one for everyone here... except you and me"
"The training is almost complete. Our men were decent marksmen to begin with... with the intensive training we've given them, they have become elite. What a luck, if I may be permitted sir, that the main warehouse of a major sports equipment retailer was found, untouched, 10 miles from here. Thousands of high-velocity, nitrogen piston pellet rifles. They're not as powerful as the ones the Suwannese have developed, but even a .22 pellet going supersonic can do a lot of damage if aimed at the right spot, like the brain or the heart. I only wish we had better land connections with our allies, as to partake in their technology"

"Okay, thank you. That concludes this meeting. Vaya con el Gran Espíritu"!
"As for me, Hualulitepec, I have preparations to do".

Build 5 foot soldier units.
also...
Republica de los Llanos declares war onto the Swedish renegades known as
Nya Svenska Konungariket

El Presidente Announcement.

Having heard today of the Blatent Opportunism of the Republic of the Plains El Presidente has Announced that the Republic of the Plains May Now consider it's self at War with Tropico if it continues with it's Attack Against our New Swedish Allies.You will Rue the Day you decided to mess with Tropico. The Sound of El Presidente's Victory will crush your armies dismember your people and ruin your minds.Never forget you started this But we Fully Intend to Finish it.

Republica de los Llanos statement

We have heard this business about rueing from another nation before, and look where they are now. As for the presidential music, we think it
will be a poor accompaniement to our lightshow.

El Presidente Announcement

Clearly You have never heard the Tales of El Presidente's Victory. All OF them are true. During the Battle of Washington when Tropican Forces first stepped on to American Shores 99.9% of the 6000 Defending American Troops threw down there arms and surrendered upon hearing it. These were no raw recruits but well equipped battle hardened troops who had faced far worse enemies than the Rabble of Tropican troops blundering ashore only to surrender upon hearing El Presidente's victory. Underestimate it at your peril

Republica de los Llanos statement

We are firmly convinced that El pretend Presidente would be far better served by returning to his native island and tending to his fields of whatever-it-is-that-you're-growing-there than play in the big leagues. We are prepared to pay a fair price for your tobacco, if that's-what-you're-growing-there.

The title of Charles Shepherd

The full title of Emperor Charles I of Wyoming is infamous for being overly long by modern standards. It goes thus: Charles I of the House of Shepherd, Emperor of Wyoming; King of Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Minnesota; Protector of Kansas; Defender of the Dakota; Duke of Cheyenne, the Dakotahs, Topeka, Lincoln, Provo, Fremont, Campbell; Count of Yellowstone, Helena, Boise, Sweetwater, Lincoln, Johnson; Baron of Brennenburg, Converse, Laramie, Platten, Park, Tetton, Uinta, Washakie

Ok. LLanos, Wyoming, and Tropico have submitted orders. SAR, NSK and PC still need to submit orders although RP has been posted by SAR and PC. We are officially at 3/6 orders in, and as such 24 hour countdown initiated although depending on my free time it may be longer than that. If some of you think you have PM'd me orders, think again; I have only received full orders from stamasd, Thandros and Dyranum.

Orders for the Suwannee Administrative Region

Orders for the Suwannee Administrative Region

Turn three. October ’90 to February ‘91

Orders: PM to GM

Commentary:
By October, the SAR completed an ambitious expansion of national recovery operations, successfully returning Mississippi, North Carolina and Alabama to the Union, as well as completing the pacification of the remaining lawless areas of northern Georgia. The conclusion of this round of engagements resulted in the reintegration of ten percent of the contiguous United States into a cohesive whole. With the reunited states stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to the Mississippi river, and running from the Florida Keys to the Virginia border, things were looking up after only eighteen months of recovery.
The near future would see if the SAR could defend the newly freed lands from the predations of the totalitarian states on their borders, or if instead the flame of freedom would be extinguished under a second Long Night of slavery.

Technological progress
Air Rifles
Commercial single shot/magazine feed, 9mm bullets (.357)
Man-portable 7kpsi Experimental pressure vessels
Dynamite Guns
Artillery
Anti-glider/airship
Flame Tanks and man portable units
Jellied gasoline in a pressure container
MG Tanks
Engine driven air guns

The Mark I fluidic computer (whimsically titled FNIAC) demonstrated at the Georgia Tech Atlanta campus boasting a processing speed of five hertz.

Research continued in the areas of optifluidics for substitutes to electronic displays and long distance communications. In that area, the SAR credits the people of Llanos for their contributions to Optical Telegraph Systems, as characterized by the Chappe telegraph.

Seeing the advanced technology of Suwanee in action in their war, Charles I resolved to take advantage of this and pushed yet more funds into research. Results returned from initial tests showed that several of the Suwanee arsenal was horribly unstable and prone to backfiring. Therefore, research was proceeded on eliminating these efficiencies in existing weapons designs. However, progress on domestic technology also proceeded with the invention of a new type of lamellar armour, nicknamed "Heavy Lamellar", a name that did not speak much of its qualities. Though time-consuming and relatively expensive to produce, it still held many of the qualities that made lamellar the armour of choice of the Imperial Legions. It was lightweight, easy to move around in, easy to repair and maintain, and tough. However, Heavy Lamellar was much tougher than normal lamellar, and would heighten the survival chance of legionnaires by a fair amount. It is planned to be introduced to the whole Imperial Legions, though in a variety of different forms and permutations to account for the different formations.

OOC: Sorry guys, I forgot to mention I was going on a vacation for 3 days. Thankfully, nothing major has happened.
Nya Konungariket Sverige.jpg
On the border between the Suwaneese and the New Swedish Kingdom
Filip looked over the border. He could see the flags of the Suwaneese waving in the air. Both the Suwaneese and Filips own forces had dug in at the border, each waiting for the other to attack. Filip himself had hoped that the defeat of the Tropican army might make the Suwaneese foolhardy and attempt to cross the border, but nothing had happened yet. So he waited, as did the enemy general. Supplies were slowly dwindling for both armies, at least according to his scouts, and they both edged closer and closer to the breaking point. Both of their supply lines were being harassed by the other, and none could spare troops to defend them. It seems that both armies were in the same position.
''Herre?'' a messenger interrupted his thoughts. He turned his horse around and looked at him. ''What is it?'' he asked, but the messenger said nothing, and simply handed him a letter. Filip looked at the letter, and that was enough to shock him out of his mind. The royal seal, this was sent directly from the king. He had received no new orders for months. He read through it in an instant, and looked at the Suwaneese army camped across the border, and grinned like a devil.

Official Message sent to the Republic of the Plains
Dear Ruthless Warmongerers
Stop doing that! I just got home from my vacation gosh darn it! Do you know how much this vase I just smashed cost? My wife will be furious!
Signed, Kung Erik I Oskar av Hus Adelsman, Kung av Nya Svenska Konungariket

An appeal to the Nations of the World
Dear Leaders, Kings, Presidents, Emperors, Elders and other titles of great importance.
I write this today, as I have recently received word of anothe war being declared upon my nation by the Republic of the Plains, to hope to put an end to these endless wars.
Since the change, we have warred. We have fought in the streets, man against man for control of food scraps. We have fought in the cities, gangs against gangs for control of the goods produced there. We have fought across the world of America, for control of the land. If we fight these wars endlessly until the day we are all erased from this world, how are we better than wolves, fighting against eachother for a scrap of meat? So I say that we must stop these wars, and learn to live in peace. Control must be restored to the world, lawlessness and brigandry must be uprooted and destroyed, through whatever means necessary, to ensure peace. So today, I officially form the Grand United Council of North America, with the current headquarters located in the embassy district of Houston. To all nations who accept my proposal to join me here today, whether you are enemies, allies or observers, I welcome you here. For here we shall settle disputes without bloodshed, and restore order without the need for war. Come now, let us create a peaceful world for our children to inherit, so that they may sleep without their eyes opened.
To accept my proposal, simply send the Grand United Council of North America, or the GNUNA, an official letter with your signature. May peace reign a thousand years!
Signed, Kung Erik I Oskar av Hus Adelsman, Kung av Nya Svenska Konungariket

Last edited:
Turn 4

Much change came to the region at this point in history. As those six months passed, The war in the South raged on, with clear front-runners grabbing land wherever they could. In a spectacular ploy, SAR moved their forces to take three times the land in the time it took a masssive Tropico force to take the rest of the Carolinas. SAR forces invaded their longtime enemy NSK, for whom all hope appeared lost, as they were trapped between two openly hostile powers. Cutting their losses, NSK forces moved to meet the Llanos threat, leaving their Eastern border lightly defended- most likely expecting SAR to be busy with Tropico. However, SAR managed to dive deep into NSK territory, and the future looks bleak for NSK although one never knows how luck shall turn the battlefield.

Wyoming continued to grow, its massive empire spreading across nearly half the land mass. Slowly but surely, they were conquering the north-west of the former United States. However, Pacific Columbia managed to wrestle control of Oregon from Wyoming scouts by having roughly three times the expeditionary force, showing that not all hope was lost in that theatre for more minor powers. Similarly, Oklahoma became a hotbed for political strife, with several nations vying for its resources. However, Llanos forces managed to wrestle control of it from smaller Wyoming and NSK forces.

The NSK put up a valiant fight, managing to hold back Llanos on its Western front; however, their Eastern front broke against the massively overpowering SAR forces.
Llanos v NSK Dallas 4 foot v 3 foot
L 1, 2, 3, 4: +2, +1, -1, +0
D 1, 2, 3: +1, +2, +0
L1 v D1 6 +2 v 10 +1 D1 wins
L2 v D2 3+1 v 1+2 L2 wins
L3 v D3 1-1 v 8+0 D3 wins
L4 v D1 4+0 v 2+1 L4 wins
Llanos loses 2 armies NSK (Dallas) loses 2 armies, Dallas resists

Llanos v NSK Junction 3 foot v 2 foot 1 cav(def)
L 1, 2, 3: +2, +0, +0
J 1, 2, 3: +1, +0, +0
L1 v J1 7+2 v 1+1 L1 wins
L2 v J2 5+0 v 10+0 J2 wins
L3 v J3 3+0 v 5+0 J3 wins
Llanos loses 2 armies NSK (Junction) loses 1 army, Junction resists

SAR v NSK (Arkansas) 5 foot v 1 foot
S 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: +0, +1, 0, +0, +1
A 1: +2
S1 v A1: 2 + 0 v 10 + 2 A1 wins
S2 v A1: 1 + 1 v 4 + 2 A1 wins
S3 v A1: 9 + 1 v 7 + 2 S3 wins
SAR loses 2 armies, NSK loses 1; SAR takes AR (Arkansas)

SAR v NSK (LA) 6 foot v 1 foot
S 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: +1, +0, +0, +0, +0
L1: +1
S1 v L1: 8+1 v 8+1 match, destroyed
S2 v N/A S2 wins
SAR loses 1 army, NSK loses 1 army; SAR takes LA

Alright, so the map is updated and CP should be on its way soon. My updates will be accurate, by visually more sloppy as they get larger; thats simply how it's going to be as this one took nearly an hour. I shall continue to do them, of course; just don't expect perfection in the images.

OOC: Well, I sadly will have to announce my departure from this game. I have been having trouble actually caring about what goes on here. Sorry. :(
Besides, I don't really have the time either, but that's beside the point.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. You were becoming the most prominent power, too.

So, how should I address this? Clear all of his land due to "civil war?" Offer it to the first person who loses the game (probably you, nodscouterr, to be brutally honest)? Those are really the only two options I can think of.

Orders Of Tropico

Build 5 Infantry.
Invest 6 CP and 1 IP in Infantry tech (21/25)

Orders to units are Restricted by order of El Presidente and will be released to units when Enough Information is gathered to deploy them effectively.

El Presidente Edict

El Presidente Thanks his brave troopers for there Glorius reconquest of North Carolina which had been occupied by the Evil Suwanee. As a Result of research done by the Brilliant Dr. Steinschneider a new diet for the Troops who choose to sign up for the Super Trooper Program. As a result several new and Fairly safe Serums designed to bolster Strength and Speed will be added. In Addition several slightly more Experimental Serums with somewhat more interesting Effects are also being given out to the Troopers who have signed up for the Somewhat more Dangerous Hyper Trooper Program. If the Effects of these Serums are shown to have limited or no effect on the Body of the Troopers involved or Refinements can remove the bad side effects then the Program may be made fairly standard Practise with only opt outs with said personal being assigned to support roles instead.