• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks! But I'm afraid I couldn't help myself. I'm putting it up now. If DoubleA makes changes, I'll revisit it.

Last edited:
What size line did you use and in what program?

I'm afraid my computer-art skills are constricted to Microsoft Paint...dont kill me

Any thoughts/suggestions?

EDIT: I see you asked for line size...I used the thickest of those five options.

Last edited:
This shall be my GM voice. I hoped for eight players ideally, but it doesn't look like we'll be able to reach that, as there have been no new applicants in quite a while. As such, I shall declare the game start a day early, so you have something to do. As you may have planned to start looking at this again in a day instead of now, I shall declare a one-time 48 hour countdown at half-orders posted instead of a 24 hour one. The map has been updated to include your starting armies, and the map post has been updated with a key.

Let the Games Begin!

Some tips: you may PM me unit creation and movement orders, as well as use me to negotiate treaties secretly. However, each turn the map shall be updated; you are of course allowed to move troops the following turn, and create new ones, and perhaps ask for a loan secretly from someone in order to fool an enemy with more soldiers than they thought you could muster; but everyone shall see your nation as you stand at the end of that turn.

To my one inventive and one animal whisperer players: I would suggest you construct your cavalry/glider ASAP, then get to work on another infantry or two ASAP, or else you will fall behind in the land grab. Remember, cavalry and gliders cannot capture land on their own!

To my Natural Leaders, all five of you- I would suggest the opposite; go for as much land, early, as you can.

Last edited:
Tropico Orders

Build One Infantry to Garrison Capital
Send One Infantry to Richmond ( I'm assuming the Unowned regions have no defences)
Send One Infantry to Erie
Send One Infantry to Boston.

El Presidente Edict

According to the Wisdom of our Glorious Leader El Presidente he has instructed us to work to Improve his new Capital, El Presidente City, and as such all spare workers not employed in the manufacture of arms or the growing of crops are ordered to begin construction of a new Grand Monument to the Glory of our great and illustrious leader El Presidente although lack of proper tools needed to make it out of advanced materials will limited what it was to be made of it has been decided to make it out of Stone in El Preisdente's image. As deposits of Suitable stone have not been found near the city so far the Stone will come from the Breaking up of Old Monuments of the Old American Regime and from more Distant sources which require significant amounts of Effort to haul the needed stone to the planned site of this New monument. This is not a matter of Choice if you refuse to do the task allocated to you and even worse encourage others to do the same you will be shoot by the Tropican Army units forming up in the Capital. Of Course this only applies to Native workers. Former Tropicans do not have to engage in this work unless they are unemployed then they'll will supervise the native workers.

OOC: If you don't mind I decided to get a head start on Meaningless In context posts.

OOC: Shouldn't Las Vegas be in the region labeled Reno?

Yeah, well...roll with it. Maybe in this alternate reality thats where they both went? ;)

Edit: oh, and Thandros I am perfectly fine with the RP starting. It gives me something to do besides math :happy:

And So It Begins

Orders for the Suwannee Administrative Region

Turn one. September ‘89 to February ‘90

Send two IP to Llanos.

Send one foot unit each to Atlanta, South Carolina, and South Florida.

Commentary:

By the end of the first year post Change, the Suwannee Administrative Region (SAR) concluded three concurrent pacification operations, aimed at securing the areas adjacent to the core province, and continuing the reunification of the United States.

The operations were:

A. Swan Song - Covering South Florida - A Division sized task force consisting of two infantry brigades from 3rd Infantry Division out of Fort Stewart, GA, along with one infantry brigade from Fort Benning, GA.

B. New Dawn - Atlanta regional liberation - A division level force containing the remaining two brigades of 3rd Infantry Division, along with an infantry brigade from Fort Benning.

C. Old School - Freeing South Carolina - Composing another division equivalent battle group constituted from the 75th Ranger Regiment, 199th Infantry Brigade, and the 192nd Infantry Brigade, all from Fort Benning.

These operations received support from the 35th Signal Brigade based in Fort Gordon, as well as logistics support from the USMC logistics base at Albany, GA.

On the political front, the chaos of the preceding months had all but disappeared in the SAR, thanks in part to stability operations, but mostly from the draconian reduction in population pressures on the available resources. The civil government, while still using martial law, was able to greatly reduce the severity of the restrictions in controlled areas. While the emerging substitute technologies for those lost with the Change had a minor overall impact physically, they were of tremendous import from a psychological point of view. The sound of a train whistle in the distance, the sight of an occasional truck convoy or bus travelling the roads, demonstrated that not all was lost, that there were tangible steps being taken to restore America, and this had a profoundly positive effect on the morale of those in not only the SAR, but the surrounding regions as well.

Re-industrialization of the economy proceeded at a slowly accelerating pace, for with every Sterling engine produced, one more idle electrical machine regained functionality. As gas production increased, and distribution networks grew, more and more of the night yielded to the artificial glow of light fixtures. Farm yields increased, partially from farming machinery converted to Sterling power plants, but mostly from the reintroduction of fertilizers from revitalized chemical plants. The distribution of foodstuffs and other commercial goods increased as well, as locomotives converted to steam power hauled freight and passengers over the existing rail net, while the growing fleet of sterling powered trucks moved items where rails did not run.

In the scientific realm, researchers from University of North Florida continued into the why of the Change, and pursuing the strange patterns of the loss. For while electrical appliances did not function, electricity itself still did. For the doubters, briefers merely pointed out that thunderstorms continued to exist, compasses pointed north, and you could still shock your kid brother by shuffling your feet on a carpet in winter. More importantly, you were still alive, for without electrical impulses, your brain could not communicate with itself or the remainder of your body.
On the practical side, most of the intellectual effort from institutes such as University of Florida at Gainesville continued into improving other sources of mechanical power, such as steam and compressed gasses.

2/7 mentioned. Once four orders are in place, the countdown shall be enacted.

EDIT: 3/7 mentioned

Last edited:
New Swedish Orders:
Send one Infantry Regiment to Dallas
Send one Infantry Regiment to LA
Send one Infantry Regiment to Junction
Build one Infantry Regiment in Houston.

Empire of Wyoming Orders
Build one Foot-Soldier in Wyoming.
Move one Foot-Soldier to Provo.
Move one Foot-Soldier to CO
Move one Foot-Soldier to NE
Move one Foot-Soldier to South Dakotah

Last edited:
As the new year dawned, and with Wyoming's manpower reserves at their highest since the founding of the Empire, a multitude of military excursions were undertaken.

The first and most important military operation undertaken was the one called "Longing for the Coast". The Emperor realised that no matter what, Wyoming could not afford to remain landlocked. To rectify this, he had planned on sending out the majority of Wyoming's Imperial Army westwards, advancing through Provo and Idaho. Unfortunately, Wyoming could not afford to leave its eastern flank unguarded. Therefore, half of the coast army was redirected to secure defensible hinterland for Wyoming Proper.

The other major operation undertaken was the securing of land to the south, to even better shield Wyoming Proper from attacks.

Domestically, the Empire effectivised taxation and implemented universal compulsory education. It was hoped by the Emperor that with these measures, he could make Wyoming into an intellectual and financial giant.
Of course, the army was not neglected either, and more people continued to be recruited.

Last edited:
Republica de los Llanos orders

5UNJq.png

The drumming began just before dawn.

All gathered in the central plaza. The rider and his horse looked exhausted, yet somehow were radiating joy and confidence.

"Get the Elders and the Five"

They retired to the government building. After a while, Speaker for the People came out and announced, "We gave good news"
"Our mission was successful. The great Suwanee Authority viewed our message favorably, and they agreed to cooperate. We signed a mutual assistance agreement with them"
"There is a caravan a few hours from here which carries technicians, military advisors and weapons which they have graciously loaned to us. We will return the favor when needed"
"We will at once complete building a cavalry unit using 1IP from their loan, as well as assemble a new foot unit using our own 2IPs. The remaining 1IP will be banked for future use"
"What will be done with our military units will be decided by The Five. In private"

OOC: clear enough? :D

Another El Presidente Edict

It has been decided after long and hard negotiations that the Company Fruitas Limited led by it's brilliant CEO Keith Preston will supply the fruit eaten by the Tropican Army from this day forward. The Fruit will be of the highest Quality or else Keith Preston will find himself facing the wrong end of sharp pike. The People of Tropico should not be concerned about this deal. Fruitas Limited will continue to provide fruit for civilian consumption. In fact according to our sources to meet the added demand Fruitas Limited will have to expand production and hire more staff to grow the needed fruit aiding the Economy. This Deal will secure good rations for the Brave Tropican Soldiers serving on the front lines protecting the Tropican People.

A Speech by Emperor Charles I

"People of Wyoming! Today is a great and magnificent day. The fine forces of Wyoming have become more capable and larger than ever, all thanks to you. With this, Wyoming shall be able to restore order to the disunited and chaotic provinces. We shall bring peace and prosperity to the land once known as the United States of America, and though there might be those opposed to our benevolent rule out there - people who might even seek to destroy us - they shall all fail, for the mighty and grand Legions of the Empire of Wyoming are our iron bulwark that shall forever defend and protect our land."

El Presidente Tactical Instruction for New Recruits

After Several days if hard thinking it has been decided that for the moment Tropican troops will deploy in large massed units armed with wooden Pikes. This has been decided for several reasons. Firstly Massed Pikemen represent a strong primarily defensive unit which can in fairly open ground resist the assault of hostile infantry units not armed with the Long Pike as it's superior length allows it to inflict damage at a greater distance. Also the Lack of bows among hostile forces for the Time being means that tightly packed Infantry units are not made vulnerable to the use of massed archers by their enemies. Thirdly the Simplicity of producing wooden Pikes and in training men to use them enables larger numbers of men to be trained and equipped for the same cost allowing us to overwhelm enemy forces using massed numbers which should for now be plenty to achieve Victory. As weapons and tactics of other nations develop this tactic will be adjusted to adapt to there Changes.