• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(350319)

Corporal
5 Badges
Jul 20, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Im not sure if theres something im not getting, but im having a very hard time making good alliances. As Greece I recently became a great power myself and have 200 or near 200 relations with most gp, yet alliances are very hard to come by. Meanwhile, the ottomans are a secondary power and are allied with prussia, austria, france, and the netherlands. Ive never been able to make an alliance with a gp unless I am a gp or in there sphere. Also, other gp allies, if I get them, never answer my war calls. The chance always says impossible. Is there something I might be doing wrong?

Boost your relations with other GPs and just wait, someone will "like" you sooner or later. You just need to wait for AI to offer, otherwise they will mistrust and reject. I was allied with Austria, Russia and the UK in my Greece game before I turned GP, and they all agreed to attack the Ottos to "free people", so it's doable.