• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SonofWinter

46 Badges
Jun 28, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
What percentage of total City Income does the King get with MAX taxes for a city? And are coastal provinces the only thing you as a King should keep? And do taxes include incomes from ports and all the other stuff?

What percentage of total City Income does the King get with MAX taxes for a city? And are coastal provinces the only thing you as a King should keep? And do taxes include incomes from ports and all the other stuff?

No sense keeping cities as personal holdings anymore, unless you need the levies for some reason. The penalty doesn't make it worth using up the demesne slot.

Max taxes are indeed 45%, and you get that from all of the City income. I would keep coastal cities in the sense that I keep the County as my personal holding and thereby collect taxes from all the rich cities located there. I tend to build a couple extra cities in coastal provinces if I have the space, and give them all to one mayor so he'll crank out improvements. I've never had a mayor worry me in terms of revolts, and more can be done to keep one happy than three.

Oh, that's what I meant. I don't actually hold cities on my own. I was just wondering if when I get Counties, I should focus on getting an all coastal demense. As in, do I get 45% of the port income and the town hall income, or just 45% of the Town Hall income.

Oh, that's what I meant. I don't actually hold cities on my own. I was just wondering if when I get Counties, I should focus on getting an all coastal demense. As in, do I get 45% of the port income and the town hall income, or just 45% of the Town Hall income.

You get 45% of the ''city'' income.

If you build town halls and ports, that will increase your city income. And you get a direct tax from that. So yeah. You get taxes from the guild halls and ports at a 45% tax rate (if you have that tax rate applied).

So lets say a base city has a tax income of 10

your tax is 50% (not possible but easy to calculate)

you would get 5 gold

you build a guildhall (+6) and a port (+6)

you would get 22 x 0.5 = 11 gold income from taxes

To simply know how much a city is worth just click on the barony and you should see its income and levy levels. Just duplicate the tax income number with your tax levels and you got what you were looking for.