+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on City Taxes

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Question on City Taxes

What percentage of total City Income does the King get with MAX taxes for a city? And are coastal provinces the only thing you as a King should keep? And do taxes include incomes from ports and all the other stuff?
    If you want my help, register your game..
    Senatus Populusque Romanus!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If it's run by a mayor the base is 45%. I wouldn't keep any of them you get more money letting doges run them.
    -Cal
    AARagon (4/04 -- Teaser Update) Abandoned due to additional patches

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SonofWinter View Post
    What percentage of total City Income does the King get with MAX taxes for a city? And are coastal provinces the only thing you as a King should keep? And do taxes include incomes from ports and all the other stuff?
    No sense keeping cities as personal holdings anymore, unless you need the levies for some reason. The penalty doesn't make it worth using up the demesne slot.

Max taxes are indeed 45%, and you get that from all of the City income. I would keep coastal cities in the sense that I keep the County as my personal holding and thereby collect taxes from all the rich cities located there. I tend to build a couple extra cities in coastal provinces if I have the space, and give them all to one mayor so he'll crank out improvements. I've never had a mayor worry me in terms of revolts, and more can be done to keep one happy than three.
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Oh, that's what I meant. I don't actually hold cities on my own. I was just wondering if when I get Counties, I should focus on getting an all coastal demense. As in, do I get 45% of the port income and the town hall income, or just 45% of the Town Hall income.
    If you want my help, register your game..
    Senatus Populusque Romanus!

Quote Originally Posted by SonofWinter View Post
    Oh, that's what I meant. I don't actually hold cities on my own. I was just wondering if when I get Counties, I should focus on getting an all coastal demense. As in, do I get 45% of the port income and the town hall income, or just 45% of the Town Hall income.
    You get 45% of the ''city'' income.

If you build town halls and ports, that will increase your city income. And you get a direct tax from that. So yeah. You get taxes from the guild halls and ports at a 45% tax rate (if you have that tax rate applied).

So lets say a base city has a tax income of 10

your tax is 50% (not possible but easy to calculate)

you would get 5 gold

you build a guildhall (+6) and a port (+6)

you would get 22 x 0.5 = 11 gold income from taxes

To simply know how much a city is worth just click on the barony and you should see its income and levy levels. Just duplicate the tax income number with your tax levels and you got what you were looking for.

+ Reply to Thread