• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Apprentice

Major
6 Badges
Oct 28, 2011
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
In the past two games, I've noticed the following trend... Eventually, all the cities you build have the same name. In my prior game, every new city was called "Invern-on-Lynn" (sp?) while in my current game all new cities are called "Spellhaven." Is my copy special, or are others running into this?

(Playing on huge maps, max AI's)

Renaming cities according to their nature is a good idea since it is easy to do and tells you at a glance what the city does.
Names like: "Troll Chapel (trolls), Minotaur Chapel (minotaurs). Bank of Agrela(gold producer), Naval Yard (boats), etc. are very helpful and save time when you have a lot of cities.

Last edited:
Alright, I've been playing a larger game and I did notice this happening. Not just with my cities, but it seemed to be the case for the AI's as well. We were both Undead. Maybe there's a set number of names for cities and when it hits the end of the list it just repeats?

Maybe they shall start making something like "New Spellhaven", as in Civ

There seems to be a limited pool every race draws from. In my game as Lichking, I've build about 20 Idunums so far, while the AI has undead cities with names I do not have yet.