-- Guess i'm post my forum registration problems here- if i can

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(494147)

Private
1 Badges
May 21, 2012
  • Cities in Motion
I haven't heard anything from my email attempts so I'll post it here hoping a reply

The email server for this forum is mis-configured so I can not receive an activation email.

If some one could pass this along so they can please fix the issue,

here is the Log of the transaction:
May 21 13:43:40 s6 postfix/smtpd[24129]: connect from vm1-sto.game-hosting.com[194.237.240.162]
May 21 13:43:40 s6 postfix/smtpd[24129]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from vm1-sto.game-hosting.com[194.237.240.162]: 554 5.7.1 <gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<forum_admin@paradoxplaza.com> to=<my@email> proto=ESMTP helo=<gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com>
May 21 13:43:40 s6 postfix/smtpd[24129]: disconnect from vm1-sto.game-hosting.com[194.237.240.162]

Hopefully someone can find somebody to fix this :(

Sorry you encountered a problem, not sure when you receive that message as either you receive our mail or you don't, and if you did not as you are saying, where did the log come from?

At any rate I have sent you a new one.
If you do not receive that then please post here and I will be happy to help further.

re:

I am requesting the log from my Web host.

May 24 13:31:10 s6 postfix/smtpd[27794]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from vm1-sto.game-hosting.com[194.237.240.162]: 554 5.7.1 <gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<forum_admin@paradoxplaza.com> to=<my@email> proto=ESMTP helo=<gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com>

The error works out to is that gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com is not a valid domain ... which it is not, to fix the error - change the helo name to a valid domain or add the domain.

You still did not tell me anything about the e-mail, everyone else gets our e-mails, so I find it difficult but not impossible to believe the problem is on our end.

Did you receive ANY part of the e-mail I sent you?
If so can you quote the e-mail you received from us, as you claim to not be receiving it.
If that is the case I do not understand how you can trace something you did not receive.

I believe he is claiming the email transaction between your email server and his client is flawed, in that the SMTP field
helo=<gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com>
holds an invalid address. I believe the flaw in his analysis is that it is his client that fills the HELO field, not your server, so the problem is likely to be at his end.

You still did not tell me anything about the e-mail, everyone else gets our e-mails, so I find it difficult but not impossible to believe the problem is on our end.

Did you receive ANY part of the e-mail I sent you?
If so can you quote the e-mail you received from us, as you claim to not be receiving it.
If that is the case I do not understand how you can trace something you did not receive.

From what I know My mail server is dropping the mail; Do to Your Servers misconfiguration of it's Helo Name: gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com

the domain: gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com is not a valid domain.

I am not receiving the email in my inbox so I can't tell you anything about it, I do have the logs I have requested from my ISP - and that is what I have Posted.

-- After doing some research on your PTR record though - it appears that your Helo name should be
vm1-sto.game-hosting.com
and NOT
gh-vm1-sto.game-hosting.com
- Basically no "gh-"

vm1-sto.game-hosting.com is also a valid domain. so that quick change would fix this problem -- and any that would arise in the future form this misconfiguration.

I'm only trying to help - not hinder you.

I have sent you an e-mail from my personal paradox account, lets see if that one goes through.

Okay I have sorted you out manually.
You should be good to go.

That doesn't really solve the problem -- just detours around it -- but alright, if you want to set the place up right, just shoot me a PM , it's a simple change on your web server and I'd gladly point it out to you

Thank you for alerting us of this Hatta. I have contacted our hosting service to see what they have to say.

Best Regards

Our hosting company confirmed it was a bad configuration and they have now made modifications to improve it. Thank you again for alerting us to the problem.

Best Regards

This is not the same issue, the initial problem has been resolved and as such I will close this thread.

I have activated your account manually Guder.

Status
Not open for further replies.