Looking for Someone to Help with Converting HoI2 Alternate History Mod

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Andrei Gijgorev

Civilian
3 Badges
May 23, 2007
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
A few years ago, I made an alternate history mod for HoI2 DDA that was released on some German forum. It was a bit rushed at the end since I stopped playing HoI2 and wanted to get it out quickly before I lost interest. Now a while back I discovered DH and was awestruck by its beautiful map, and since I'm not aware of any DH mod with a similar approach, I decided to convert my old mod. I'd like to get this done within a few weeks, so I'm looking for someone to help me with some of the work.

Anyway, let's get started with what the mod is all about.

The basic idea is to have lots of smaller nations with the potential to eventually develop into great powers. There is a main branch of event chains (around 12k lines of country events), but players can deviate from that branch without any drawbacks. Overall the game feels very EU-ish.

For reference, here is an image of Europe at the start of the game (1935):
pfp_1935t3ea.png

In a hands-off test game, the same area looked like this roughly 8 years later:
pfp_194346ji.png

Germany is actually divided into three independent states at this point. (same color)

Some cool things that can happen in this mod:
- German three-way civil war (Prussia, Communists, Federalists)
- Russian civil war and Polish war of eastern aggression
- "Danzig or War" (for Poland...)
- New Kalmar Union (including war of supremacy)
- Denmark (after conquest of Norway and subjugation of Sweden) may decide to unite the "aryan lands" (i.e. Germany and England)
- Resurrection of the Ottoman Empire
- Crimean Crisis (Turkey vs Russia or Poland)
- Sudeten Crisis for Austria
- Austrian-Hungarian merger
- Partition of Italy between Austria-Hungary, France, Spain
- Resurrection of Poland-Lithuania
- Partition of Poland between Prussia, Russia, Austria-Hungary
- Resurrection of the Greco-Byzantine Empire
- Chinese civil war with French intervention
- Sino-Japanese war over Taiwan or Korea
- Unification (read: conquest) of former Spanish colonies in South America under Peru
- Benelux unification to counter French continental ambitions
- USA turning ultra-nazi, ultra-commie, or dissolving into independent states
- Anglo-French World War
These can all happen without any player actions. There also is a huge variety regarding alliances and ideologies, and civil wars are designed to be as open-ended as possible.

Apart from the scenario and historical events, the biggest changes are a completely reworked province.csv and sophisticated AI files along with events that allow for puppet masters to dictate AIs for their puppets.

What needs to be done for v1.0 (release around end of June):
- Convert province.csv for DH map
- Convert adj-defs.csv for DH map
- Convert scenario files for DH map
- Convert event files for DH map
- Convert AI files for DH tech tree
- Update DH ministers/leaders/teams
- Convert new flags to DH style

Planned for v1.1 (release around mid-July):
- re-incorporate intelligence (currently removed b/c of DDA bugs)
- Convert puppet AI events to DH decisions
- balance
- write a few more event texts

To what extent new DH mechanics like mobilization and stockpiles will be incorporated is not clear at this point.

If you have experience with DH's new event/decision scripting features and/or Bizon's Map-to-Map converter or just don't mind doing some tedious work, please contact me via PM. And if you would like to see this mod released for DH, please leave some feedback in this thread.
More motivation -> faster relase.

I currently don't have too much time to allocate to this project, so if I could get one or maybe two skilled and motivated modders to help that would really speed things up a lot.

Edit: Here's a download link for the HoI2 DDA mod (PFP / SEII), since I guess no one wants to sign up blindly: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0r07l6mmmju9k64/pfp_v1.0.zip

Last edited:
this mod looks great i hope it gets converted. Is it just Europe or does Asia and the Americas suffer the same unification like systems? How much war is there? and what happened to the empires of Britain, France and Japan?

I could convert scenario files and maybe, only maybe, make something with the flags...

this mod looks great i hope it gets converted. Is it just Europe or does Asia and the Americas suffer the same unification like systems? How much war is there? and what happened to the empires of Britain, France and Japan?
The unifications happen practically everywhere except in Africa and North America. Yeah, there's lots of wars.

Britain is more or less territorially unchanged, but became isolationist after WW1. The British Commonwealth is still largely intact.
France has expanded her influence in China (Yunnan is a puppet and southern Guangxi is part of French Indochina) and is looking for more colonial and continental possessions. As the most powerful communist nation she is leader of the Comintern.
Japan has not fought in WW1 (instead Denmark has, seizing some German colonies) and went through a period of revolts and military infighting, over the course of which Korea and Taiwan declared independence. The only regions under Japanese control left besides the main islands are Sakhalin and the Kuriles.
In Russia, communist forces have been driven back to Central Asia, after which an unstable ceasefire ensued. On the Pacific coast, the Far Eastern Republic decleared indepence, so Russia has little more left than the mainlands and is very vulnerable to a war on two fronts.

I could convert scenario files and maybe, only maybe, make something with the flags...
That would be welcome. How much time could you spend on this?

That would be welcome. How much time could you spend on this?

I honestly don't know, there are many areas that are complicated, China and Russia more exactly.

Why is Rwanda independent? It is supposed to be some kind of uprising?

BTW i can't convert it, i'm busy with my cpack icons project right now.