• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've experinced a problem with multiplayer and playing with PC users, i don't know if it only because I don't have Sword of Islam and they all did, or it is some bug. I did get to play a little with them, then I couldn't move my units or disband them and I could join saved games.

I have combed through this, sorry if I missed it. How about a 2012 MacBook Air 11".

specs:
1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
4GB memory
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I do have dual boot for win 7. I am wondering how much fun it is on a 11" display.

Thanks!

The Intel HD chipsets are currently unsupported for the Mac OS X release due to driver difficulties. Paradox has said that they're looking for ways to improve the performance in a future patch, but there's nothing definite yet. Trying to run CKII in OS X with that hardware will probably result in the game being a flickering mess (it is for me anyway), so playing under Bootcamp or Wine will likely give you better results for the time being.

The Intel HD chipsets are currently unsupported for the Mac OS X release due to driver difficulties. Paradox has said that they're looking for ways to improve the performance in a future patch, but there's nothing definite yet. Trying to run CKII in OS X with that hardware will probably result in the game being a flickering mess (it is for me anyway), so playing under Bootcamp or Wine will likely give you better results for the time being.

Got you. Thanks!

Have just bought CKII on Steam, as its current on sale, I have a 2012 Macbook Air with Intel 4000 HD graphics, as Steam offer both Windows and Mac version at the same time, I've tried both on my Macbook Air - in Windows (under Bootcamp) Crusader Kings II runs absolutely fine, doesn't seem laggy at all from my brief experiments. The Mac version, however, is completely unplayable, not so much lag, as the graphics barely move! So the Intel Hardware is capable, but there must be some issue with the Mac Intel drivers - but I don't understand this as I have other quite demanding games (e.g. Dragon Age Origins) running absolutely fine natively in Mac OS X!

The Mac game does not currently run on the Intel HD3000, due to the poor Apple OpenGL driver for that card. The published specs for the game are:
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 6750 / NVIDIA GeForce 320 / NVIDIA GeForce 9600 or higher
Now Paradox have said they'll look into updating the game to work on that card, nothing guaranteed yet though. Meanwhile you can either play the game by booting your Mac into Windows via Apple's Bootcamp, or via Wine, or if you don't mind some ugly graphics on the terrain screen, edit settings.txt to say draw_terrain=no .

The Mac game does not currently run on the Intel HD3000, due to the poor Apple OpenGL driver for that card. The published specs for the game are:

Now Paradox have said they'll look into updating the game to work on that card, nothing guaranteed yet though. Meanwhile you can either play the game by booting your Mac into Windows via Apple's Bootcamp, or via Wine, or if you don't mind some ugly graphics on the terrain screen, edit settings.txt to say draw_terrain=no .

Yes, it works fine on Windows via Bootcamp, just seems weird that other demanding games ported to the Mac work fine, but I don't really understand the technical issues here

Yes, it works fine on Windows via Bootcamp, just seems weird that other demanding games ported to the Mac work fine, but I don't really understand the technical issues here
Mac OS X video uses OpenGL drivers that Apple write, Windows uses DirectX drivers that the card vendor writes. Apple simply have not put in all the features necessary to support recent games into their driver, which Intel have put into their driver.