• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had the same not launching on version 10.68. I tried doing what was suggested, going into crusader kings 2 => contents => game => ck2 and got this error on trying to start. The working directory does not seem to be correct. I guess if the patch comes out tomorrow on steam I'll see if that works, hoping so.

And seeing the graphics card issues, I hope my macbook pro with the geforce gt 330M can run it fine!

Has anyone looked at performance on MacBook Pro 13" mid-2010?

mine is a little bigger, but is early 2010 and can run the game but the internal temp goes way up, i have some minor graphical glitches (distracting but ignorable for a game of this caliber) and occasional freeze-ups. the freezes are the most worrisome part as there is no way, as far as i can tell, to quit the game besides a manual shut down. i've probably played five hours today and have had to shut my computer down three times in this manner, but i'm trying to position the computer to keep it cool and keep the game from running too fast (i feel like this may aggravate the problem) and i hope this will keep me from breaking my poor macbook.

If anyone would like to create an alias for the CKII executable (or binary?), your Steam directory is located at /Users/*you*/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common.

The Library folder is hidden, by default, so you'll need a freeware utility, like Funter, to make the folder visible in the Finder. Just Google it.

I hope this helps.

Is there a pdf manual for the game anywhere in the package contents? Or some other part of the Gamersgate download?

Usually I have found the pdf, and now I send them to itunes and read them on my iPad or iPhone. Didn't find it for the CK2 download.
Usually you have to download manuals separately from GG. If you register your CK2 key from GG here, you'll get to see the hidden forums which include the FAQ forum, with lots of useful info in it.

If anyone would like to create an alias for the CKII executable (or binary?), your Steam directory is located at /Users/*you*/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common.

The Library folder is hidden, by default, so you'll need a freeware utility, like Funter, to make the folder visible in the Finder. Just Google it.

I hope this helps.

No need to download anything. Just launch the terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities) and paste the following command:

Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library

No need to download anything. Just launch the terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities) and paste the following command:

Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library

or if you just want to go there you can use the go to folder in finder ( cmd + shift + g )

just wanted to say that despite my cities and soldiers looking like shimmering obsidian glitches and despite having to quit the game every hour so my computer doesn't overheat and freeze up (perhaps a blessing in disguise?) this game STILL lives up to all my expectations, so thanks a lot paradox for another really well done game. i fully expect the various mac issues to be fixed via patches with time.

was i correct in reading this was your first in house mac port? if that's the case, it's somewhat understandable to have some minor issues like this.

That's it - I'm not waiting any longer! I want to emerge myself in the dirty politics of medieval Europe and the quest for ethereal living through the crusade and conquest - tonight - coupled with a nice pint of beer. So I'm downloading the Lion 10.7 - only to find out that it's whopping 4 gb :wacko:

So I'm still waiting.

Last edited:
I am so impressed with Paradox releasing this Mac version free for those who already have it on the PC. It's running fine on my macbook air and being able to play it on such a portable device is fantastic :)

It's not Paradox that decided to give it away free, it's steam and gamersgate that took that decision!

I run into a problem in the beginning War tutorial where it doesn't seem to acknowledge that I've merged my and my vassal's levies.

The game also grinds to a halt after an hour or so; clicking on anything takes tens of seconds to respond. I'm on a maxxed out recent MacBook Pro, fwiw.